Engaging with Russians during wartime in Thailand?

If you REALLY want to find your Boorish Russians, then you should visit here:

These dancers just dance too BOORISHLY for my tastes....

Such boorishness, I think I never have seen at the Bolshoi....

Thankfully, there is no boorishness among the English:

I worked with a couple Ruskies in a factory back in the 90's. Hard workers, good family guys. They loves fixing up cars to sell. One guy would tell me stories about Russia as we worked the night shift together. He said his life was easier in Russia under Communism in some ways. 

23 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I worked with a couple Ruskies in a factory back in the 90's. Hard workers, good family guys. They loves fixing up cars to sell. One guy would tell me stories about Russia as we worked the night shift together. He said his life was easier in Russia under Communism in some ways. 

Humans are Humans, no matter where you find them.

4 hours ago, chippendale said:

I'm not at war with Russia, don't care what the media or my government instruct me to think. So if I meet a friendly Russian then I'll talk to her. I also enjoy reading Chekhov's short stories.

Having said that, I have found a lot of Russians in Thailand to be boorish and rude.

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.  This is indeed a time of war and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Don't kid yourselves.

Just now, Elkski said:

I believe ww3 has begun.  I dont think I would do well in the ruzzian occupied areas of Thailand.  I follow this war to closely via telegram.  Telegram has no censorship on the war and drone video footage.   Some great strategic feeds.     Russia is losing badly.  This 3 day operation now has Putin sucking on Kim and taking it up the a from china.  Fire another Javelin for me. 

I'm of the same opinion that we're in WW3 already but most people are still in denial. The west can win IF it gets its act together and IF they can subdue the Putin adjacent fascists within such as the insidious magas.  Not saying I'd be optimistic about that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm of the same opinion that we're in WW3 already but most people are still in denial. The west can win IF it gets its act together and IF they can subdue the Putin adjacent fascists within such as the insidious magas.  Not saying I'd be optimistic about that.

What are your army general qualifications to make such a claim?

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.  This is indeed a time of war and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Don't kid yourselves.

Not in Thailand. Thailand is not at war with Russia. I wonder how fear mongers think and where they get their ideas from. And do they apologise afterwards when all their claims turn out to be wrong? I can't remember a decade when the fear mongers didn't say ww3 was going to happen soon. I think it is related to some form of trauma as a child to think like that. Always worrying about the extreme is really not a good way to view the world. I saw a tv show interviewing war analysts a few years ago. They said they chance of ww3 is minute and was far more likely last century.

Edited by susanlea

Just now, susanlea said:

Not in Thailand. Thailand is not at war with Russia. I wonder how fear mongers think and where they get their ideas from. And do the apologise afterwards when all their claims turn out to be wrong? I can't remember a decade when the fear mongers didn't say ww3 was going to happen soon. I think it is related to some form of trauma as a child to think like that.

Thailand wasn't at war in WW2 until they were.

Thailand wasn't at war in WW2 until they were.

80 years ago and you have no military knowledge. The fear mongering probably has more to do with your thought patterns than any chance of war or you read fear mongering websites.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

80 years ago and you have no military knowledge. The fear mongering probably has more to do with your thought patterns than any chance of war or you read fear mongering websites.

I would venture to guess that you don't follow world news closely. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The war in Ukraine started years ago. This is just an extension. Not a ww3 at all. No more than Iraq was.

The war there has implications in Europe east and west, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.

History doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

I would venture to guess that you don't follow world news closely. 

Says a guy with no military knowledge and predicts ww3 all the time. I live in the real world and don't read dubious websites like you do. These websites make money from more views so fear mongering is their tactic.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The war there has implications in Europe east and west, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.

Says a guy sitting in a condo reading dubious websites. You need to stop reading this stuff. 

• Agree 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Says a guy with no military knowledge and predicts ww3 all the time. I live in the real world and don't read dubious websites like you do. These websites make money from more views so fear mongering is their tactic.

Not predicting. In my opinion, it has starred already, and the sides are already well defined.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

1918 to 1939. 21 year gap between those wars. All wars since minor wars. So we have had 85 years with no ww3. I would say technology advances and large trading partners helps to prevent ww3. Nobody wants ww3. 

But the dubious war sites you read want ad revenue so will say the prospect is high to attract attention.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

1918 to 1939. 21 year gap between those wars. All wars since minor wars. So we have had 85 years with no ww3. I would say technology advances and large trading partners helps to prevent ww3. Nobody wants ww3. 

But the dubious war sites you read want ad revenue so will say the prospect is high to attract attention.

Sure thing lady. You make a lot of stupid assumptions.

World War III Is Imminent Without Ukraine, Historian Predicts - Newsweek

As far as the Russian regime is concerned, it has already started. As they are such a key player in this, I would think it's worth listening to them about that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

1 guy predicts war. Pretty stupid to think 1 guy is right and billions are wrong.

Not just one person.

Pope Francis: ‘World War III has been declared.’ | America Magazine

Nothing but ad hominem garbage from you.

Not worth my time further engaging with such a cheap insult queen / low information entity.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

Not just one person. You're a cheap trash talking debater. Nothing but ad hominem garbage. 

People have been predicting ww3 every year since 1950. 74 years of being wrong. I wasn't born yesterday and don't believe garbage predictions.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

worth my time further engaging with such a cheap insult queen / low information entity.

Your parents should have told you. Don't believe everything you read. From ww3 to aids to covid to climate to everything else. These dubious media outlets promote doom for money. It is all about page views now for ad revenue. The bigger the scare the more views. Happened every year since 1950 and just moved from print to internet. My parents told me all those doomsday media from the early 1900s too was the same. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I suppose to you, judgmental that you are, say that my Father, and those like him, a Flight Engineer on Lancaster's during WW2, was a war criminal? You make me sick with your armchair judgments on the very people who give and preserve the freedoms you relish.  Ever heard the term 'armchair Quarterback' ? You are a prime example. 

back in the ww2 days you guys were heroic and fought for your country, nothing against that, back then it was for 'freedom' as people knew no better, however, since the invention of the internet,  people have the world at their fingertips, they can research or look up information that was not available before and can hear a different side to the propaganda they were previously fed, the Iraq was was illegal, people still fought and many lost their lives...i'm not disrespecting those that fought, but it's common knowledge the war was based on lies by politicians and the MIC.

so what did they kill or die for?  would you send your children to fight if you knew that now?

how about sending Uk troops to Ukraine, knowing that the war could have been over if BoJo hadn't scuppered the peace negotiations, but your kids now have to go and fight and possibly die, no politicians kids, just yours!