Belgian Tourist Dies After Brutal Attack in Hua Hin

Don't get confused, a European origin criminal killed another European origin in a third country like Thailand.
Therefore, do you suppose that because the crime occured in Thailand he will serve his prison sentence in Thailand,or to the European Union where the laws for criminals are relaxed?

You should  understand that the criminal will claim that he was under the influence of "substances" and was not aware of what he was doing.

will be condemned in Germany for 10 years but don΄t be confused because actually he will stay in German΄s prison o.n.l.y for 5 years because the reasons for the decision will be that he shows good behaviour repentance in German΄s prisons and after 2 year he will take his leave 2 days per week from German΄s prison Correction Centers.

Thailand Ministry of Justice with collaboration with Thai Ministry of turism and sports ought to examine carefully about to whom will be allowed to ender the Kingdom.(clear criminal records mainly for rapes -pedophiles and killers)

Those who have been sentensed at foreign prisons up to 7 years to implement ban to ender the Kingdom of Thailand for obvious reasons protection of Thai civilians . The Law should empasize implementation to those who have already convicted in foreign countries for crimes like rape woman -child or pedophiles and for those who have already killed human being. Femicides are on the rise in European States and the only discrimination is not against illegal immigrants mainly from Arab States but it is against women. (Ausria Vienna last year 35 women murders and uncounted number of rapes etc)

Thailand should insist that we implement discrimination Law to those who rape woman-child -pedophiles and killers.

We are the Kingdom of courtesy and smile and not the "kingdom" to any criminal.

Unless you want the beautiful Kingdom of Thailand to be a haven for criminals!

Sincerely a Greek from Athens capital!

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

ruff as chuff in HH these days.

always remain vigilant and be aware of your surroundings. 

bob.

It used to be the city of no crimes. The New Normal…

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Belgian man dies from injuries sustained in brutal and unprovoked attack in Hua Hin
By Online Reporter

image.jpeg

A Belgian man who was gravely injured in a brutal attack in Hua Hin in April has died from his injuries, it has been announced.

Hua Hin Today first reported on the incident, which saw then 63-year-old Jan Valkenborg from Riemst, Limburg province, attacked in an unprovoked assault.

Valkenborg was in Hua Hin when he was assaulted by a German national. The attacker, who had a criminal record and was a member of a fight club, also assaulted another person that same evening.

Hua Hin Today understands that Hua Hin Police did launch an initial investigation into the incident. However, the whereabouts and legal status of the attacker is not known.

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2024-06-21

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Unbelievable! I remember this sad story well. The German guy was well known. For being a trouble maker and a bit crazy.

why on earth wasn’t he stopped , arrested and jailed straight away ? Someone should pose the question to Hua Hin authorities and newspapers. This is the way they treat tourists, shame on them, what is Thailand coming to ? 

6 hours ago, ryandb said:

Isolated incidents, there's thousands of us... They don't report on Bob walked safely down the street all week this week.  I've lived on the islands 4 years not been in 1 fight or even a heated situation and actually never witnessed one outside of the sanctioned MT events.

I've lived in many countries and Thailand is probably the safest I've ever felt, including Britain where I'm from.

I too always feel safe in Thailand. Many places in the UK I wouldn't venture near the town centre late on a weekend evening. I once stayed in Carmarthen in South Wales on a Saturday night, thinking that it would be a sleepy place. My goodness, it was bedlam, something like what Dodge City was like in its heyday. Of course, there's always the chance that you could be attacked in any place in the world.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ryandb said:

Isolated incidents, there's thousands of us... They don't report on Bob walked safely down the street all week this week.  I've lived on the islands 4 years not been in 1 fight or even a heated situation and actually never witnessed one outside of the sanctioned MT events.

I've lived in many countries and Thailand is probably the safest I've ever felt, including Britain where I'm from.

I too always feel safe in Thailand. Many places in the UK I wouldn't venture near the town centre late on a weekend evening. I once stayed in Carmarthen in South Wales on a Saturday night, thinking that it would be a sleepy place. My goodness, it was bedlam, something like what Dodge City must have been like in its heyday. Of course, there's always the chance that you could be attacked in any place in the world.

Not sure if that was a reason for the attack, but being a member of the political party "Vlaams Belang", who was previously named "Vlaams Blok" is not a good reference.

This is a ultra-right party who wants get rid of all foreigners in Belgium and even tried to get rid of the Walloon (French) part of Belgium.

They are well known for unprovoked attacks on foreigners.

One of their top members has been in court many times for beating foreigners to pulp.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I too always feel safe in Thailand. Many places in the UK I wouldn't venture near the town centre late on a weekend evening. I once stayed in Carmarthen in South Wales on a Saturday night, thinking that it would be a sleepy place. My goodness, it was bedlam, something like what Dodge City was like in its heyday. Of course, there's always the chance that you could be attacked in any place in the world.

Same here - I think lots of City Centres in the UK have the same problem.

In my little City, the main street is blocked off to traffic on Friday and Saturday nights, and is as you say about Carmarthen, "like Dodge City was like in its heyday".

And like 'em or loathe 'em, the Police have a very difficult job to do in these PC days - put a hand on some trouble maker's shoulder, and say "Pack it in lad" and they get a mouthful of abuse, and possibly a case of "assault" brought against them.

In the "good old days" there was a "hard as nails" Police Sergeant who used to walk up and down the Main Street with his "night stick" at the ready, and there was very rarely any trouble from the drunks - unfortunately he wouldn't be allowed to get away with it these days!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keeps said:

What on earth has your post got to do with this story? This was an unprovoked attack by a German on a Belgian. 

It was an unprovoked attack...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Don't get confused, a European origin criminal killed another European origin in a third country like Thailand.
Therefore, do you suppose that because the crime occured in Thailand he will serve his prison sentence in Thailand,or to the European Union where the laws for criminals are relaxed?

You should  understand that the criminal will claim that he was under the influence of "substances" and was not aware of what he was doing.

will be condemned in Germany for 10 years but don΄t be confused because actually he will stay in German΄s prison o.n.l.y for 5 years because the reasons for the decision will be that he shows good behaviour repentance in German΄s prisons and after 2 year he will take his leave 2 days per week from German΄s prison Correction Centers.

Thailand Ministry of Justice with collaboration with Thai Ministry of turism and sports ought to examine carefully about to whom will be allowed to ender the Kingdom.(clear criminal records mainly for rapes -pedophiles and killers)

Those who have been sentensed at foreign prisons up to 7 years to implement ban to ender the Kingdom of Thailand for obvious reasons protection of Thai civilians . The Law should empasize implementation to those who have already convicted in foreign countries for crimes like rape woman -child or pedophiles and for those who have already killed human being. Femicides are on the rise in European States and the only discrimination is not against illegal immigrants mainly from Arab States but it is against women. (Ausria Vienna last year 35 women murders and uncounted number of rapes etc)

Thailand should insist that we implement discrimination Law to those who rape woman-child -pedophiles and killers.

We are the Kingdom of courtesy and smile and not the "kingdom" to any criminal.

Unless you want the beautiful Kingdom of Thailand to be a haven for criminals!

Sincerely a Greek from Athens capital!

Should be ANY violent  rime , automatically take a thugs passport away for 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, sambum said:

Same here - I think lots of City Centres in the UK have the same problem.

In my little City, the main street is blocked off to traffic on Friday and Saturday nights, and is as you say about Carmarthen, "like Dodge City was like in its heyday".

And like 'em or loathe 'em, the Police have a very difficult job to do in these PC days - put a hand on some trouble maker's shoulder, and say "Pack it in lad" and they get a mouthful of abuse, and possibly a case of "assault" brought against them.

In the "good old days" there was a "hard as nails" Police Sergeant who used to walk up and down the Main Street with his "night stick" at the ready, and there was very rarely any trouble from the drunks - unfortunately he wouldn't be allowed to get away with it these days!

Ring back stiffer sentences for violent crime in the uk.  Current sentences are a <deleted> joke.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, sambum said:

"Was the attacker on cannabis or something ?"

Another trolling comment? If you'd said Yabba, or Meth or  "drunk",  it would have had more credence - Cannabis users are not usually violent - in fact normally the opposite.

if you were  fish you would be on the BBQ now

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

Ring back stiffer sentences for violent crime in the uk.  Current sentences are a <deleted> joke.

"I didn't know what I was doing your honour - I was on drugs!"

"Oh, that's OK then - go away and see a Drugs Counsellor and don't do it again or you'll be in VERY SERIOUS TROUBLE!!! have to do 10 hours of Community Service! Next!"

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

if you were  fish you would be on the BBQ now

So Mr Troll - you admit it? 

In your case, you'd have to be thrown back as not worth the effort of gutting and cleaning - mind you seeing that might be an  experience that quite a few people would enjoy going by the usual reaction to your posts.

Edited by sambum
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

At 64 I was living in Thailand for many years and having the time of my life (kind of), what a great adventure. Now 72 I am slowing down. This guy was murdered just when he was starting to enjoy his retirement is seems. 

Some pot heads on this forum will not like this. It is just one more incident attributable to a drug addict. a drunk would be physically incapable of carrying out this crime, since he would barely stand on his legs

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Some pot heads on this forum will not like this. It is just one more incident attributable to a drug addict. a drunk would be physically incapable of carrying out this crime, since he would barely stand on his legs

There are many kinds of drugs out there,Cannabis users are sometimes called potheads by ignorant people.

In my view a" pothead" and a drug addict are two different things.

Yaba is a drug widely available for a very low price and this drug can create Psychosis and can make people do very strange things.

I have also seen some very violent drunk people .

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Celsius said:

It is a trash town a lot worse than Pattaya.

Even the beach is dirtier.

Another world class family resort, 

I don't think so. Pattaya is #1 for crime in Thailand. No doubt. 

Hua Hin is a peaceful town. Quite nice. This kind of thing is super rare. 

Let us hope the psycho has been apprehended and will spend his remaining days making friends with Thai prisoners. He won't be so tough in a Thai jail. 

Edited by spidermike007

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

Very strange story that lacks detail as others have said.  

Was the attack random ?

Has the attacker been caught ?

Is he in Jail  ?

Was the attacker on cannabis or something ?

no details at all .....  

Was the attacker drunk on an alcoholic beverage or something?

• Haha 2