Top 3 Male Qualities That Thai Women Look For

Seriously, according to a car full of nurses: Polite, confident, well dressed (assuming financial hurdles have been met), and you can't be handsome if you don't smile.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely sounds like the OP or blog author has been burned by a bargirl.

I know two relationships where the Thai lady takes care of the Western guy financially. One where the guy is financially secure but the lady is very wealthy and one where the guy is a deadbeat and the lady works two jobs to support him.

My girl told me that originally she liked my perfume (aftershave) and it surprised her because she thought most Western men smelled bad (she hadn’t met many and going off perceived stereotype). Five years down the line and I’m sure the biggest thing she likes about me now is that I eat spicy food - she likes to show this off / boast about it to any acquaintances, restaurant staff, etc. 😆

Thai women are women. Some want money. Others are looking for other things. Some are looking for both money and other things.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Reread my comment, I don't think you understood what I said. 

It's not really that difficult to understand. You wrote:

"BTW, unless she's a Paris Hilton or Taylor Swift or similar all chicks around the world want a guy with money."

And IMHO the reality is:

BTW, unless she's a Paris Hilton or Taylor Swift or similar all chicks around the world want a guy with money.

Paris Hilton and Taylor Swift are not interested in a poor nobody. Not because they need more money, but because they don't want to date a guy who can't afford the lifestyle they are used to.

Or do you think Paris Hilton or Taylor Swift want to tell their lover: I know you can't afford it, no problem, I will pay the tickets and hotel for you... 

23 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Seriously, according to a car full of nurses: Polite, confident, well dressed (assuming financial hurdles have been met), and you can't be handsome if you don't smile.

Maybe, but that's only after they've weeded out the short guys, the poor guys, and (basically) the average guys.

But that's not just Thailand.  Average guys get swiped left by the vast majority of average women.  The smart ones become passport bros.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

You are correct, but your reply is only true if you meet the first rule. 

Financial security is a major consideration in all nations where females do not have a string social safety net as they grow older. There is more to be observed here ... many Thai male/female early relationships leaving females alone with child (I love that as, being a retired faring there is a great selection of Thai females available when we settle here. Oh, quite so ... caution is the word (and never giving up control of the money) ... there is more but this is long enough ...

5 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Oh, quite so ... caution is the word (and never giving up control of the money) ... there is more but this is long enough

I agree with you on this.. My wife of 12 years still does not know how much money i make or where i spend it and does not have access to any of my bank accounts. I give her money for bills and things she wants or needs. I buy things for the good of the family and she never asks where i got the money.. I keep some money for my personal travel and fun if I want. But in all.. She does not control money in the home. She controls only money I give to her for what is needed. 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Hearing some of the cons western men fall for being dumb  and guliable should be up there on the list

Umm eastern men are more prone to fall for their cons than the western man. 

7 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

I agree with you on this.. My wife of 12 years still does not know how much money i make or where i spend it and does not have access to any of my bank accounts. I give her money for bills and things she wants or needs. I buy things for the good of the family and she never asks where i got the money.. I keep some money for my personal travel and fun if I want. But in all.. She does not control money in the home. She controls only money I give to her for what is needed. 

Wow, what a life.

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:51 PM, Alpha84 said:

I read on a blog that the top 3 male qualities that the average Thai woman looks for are as follows:

1 - Having a lot of money.

2 - Same as number 1. 

3 - Revert to number 2. 

It also said that the 5 most useful things to remember about women in Thailand is:

1 - You never lose the girl, you only lose your turn. 

2 - It’s cheaper to rent than to own. 

3 - Whatever unscrupulous things they did to the last guy will be the same that you can look forward to. 

4 - It’s purely the bulge in your back pocket that they like to feel the most.

5 - They are all special and different.

Is any of this true???

That is why you're still single?😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

I got over it years ago! There's more to this place than whores!!!

Every woman is a whore, 

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Being famous also counts, especially if you can drag them around the party circuit with all the other rich and famous people.

But it only counts for a short time, then they'll poop in your bed and make accusations.

Whenever I wish I were rich, I like to think of Johnny Depp, Jeff Bezos, Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt ............ and how successful they were with their women!

Common for All of them, they where good and loyal men.

I read on a blog that the top 3 male qualities that the average Thai woman looks for are as follows:

2 - Same as number 1. 

3 - Revert to number 2. 

It also said that the 5 most useful things to remember about women in Thailand is:

3 - Whatever unscrupulous things they did to the last guy will be the same that you can look forward to. 

Is any of this true???

Not really.

There are of course many men, even on this forum that actually DO believe it.

It perhaps does NOT apply to the majority of Thai women, or women worldwide, at least in my experience, but I am sure it applies to some Thai women and women worldwide.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

You've worked out the secret of a successful marriage in Thailand, well done

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, 2baht said:

How's your mother? :thumbsup:

It was a reply for you, 

I do not call women a whore, it is a thing on the forum, where whore is easily used about all women, especially thai women. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

You've worked out the secret of a successful marriage in Thailand, well done

All I transfer to Thailand my wife have control of. She do not know my financial status back home, but when doing so, it gives her responsibility and trust. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

All I transfer to Thailand my wife have control of. She do not know my financial status back home, but when doing so, it gives her responsibility and trust. 

You probably put motorbikes, car and house in her name too?

1. A great sense of humor. If you can keep them laughing, they absolutely love that.

2. Financial stability. All women want that, no matter where you are.

3. A man who is strong, willing to take charge, and behave like a man. They do not like soft men, who cannot make up their minds, behave like they are dealing with a Western woman, with the weak "what would you prefer", or "what would you like to do honey", or "up to you". No, no, no, no. All ships need a captain, and if you do not want to be the man in the relationship, she will reluctantly take control.

4. A kind and respectful man, who honors and treats her well.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You probably put motorbikes, car and house in her name too?

My motorbikes and car is in my name, the farm and house is hers of course.

We are married, and if I can't trust her, I wouldn't done so. If she have manged to scam me, she deserves it, well played, no regrets

Edited by Hummin

Also goes without saying you ain’t gonna get very far with a standard, non-working beauty if you rock up in wifebeater and flip-flops and try to dazzle her with your non-existent Thai and very best broken English. 😋

• Haha 1

2 - Same as number 1. 

3 - Revert to number 2. 

Is any of this true???

Likely to be true if you're over 65 and the girl is in her twenties. But it's that way everywhere. Not just Thailand. Just the relative "wealth" ratio is lower.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

All ships need a captain, and if you do not want to be the man in the relationship, she will reluctantly take control.

No big deal as long as you remain the Ship's Purser.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:51 AM, Alpha84 said:

2 - Same as number 1. 

3 - Revert to number 2. 

Is any of this true???

LOL! YES! ALL OF IT!!!😂

• Agree 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:51 AM, Alpha84 said:

Is any of this true???

Indeed it's true, there are probably plenty of experienced long-stay forum-member that can confirm that...:whistling:

If you are looking for company else than shorter periods of pay-and-pay, you need to be aware of being a good family-provider. Furthermore, the Thai meaning of "handsum" is linear equal to size of updated number in the bankbook – many a Thai lady is looking for a handsum relationship – the risk we long-stayers with a fixed partner face is that if the partner meets someone more handsum, then we might we realize the benefits of pay-and-play...😎

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Indeed it's true, there are probably plenty of experienced long-stay forum-member that can confirm that...:whistling:

If you are looking for company else than shorter periods of pay-and-pay, you need to be aware of being a good family-provider. Furthermore, the Thai meaning of "handsum" is linear equal to size of updated number in the bankbook – many a Thai lady is looking for a handsum relationship – the risk we long-stayers with a fixed partner face is that if the partner meets someone more handsum, then we might we realize the benefits of pay-and-play...😎

The first rule of keeping your Thai gf .........

Remove her from encountering any foreigners at any time. Go and live outside tourist areas, don't take her to bars, don't introduce her to your foreign friends. Don't let her mix with other Thai ladies that have foreign partners.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The first rule of keeping your Thai gf .........

Remove her from encountering any foreigners at any time. Go and live outside tourist areas, don't take her to bars, don't introduce her to your foreign friends. Don't let her mix with other Thai ladies that have foreign partners.

Only if you are really ugly in comparison to other guys.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1