Apple TV or Netflix

Just bought an Ipad and it comes with 3 months free Apple TV.  After that it is 249 Baht a month.

What are folks opinions on it?.  It appears to have some fairly decent movies.

Alternatively what about Netflix Thailand?,  or any other recommendations. 

Edited by brianburi
spelling...

Well, the good thing is you can stop the subscription anytime.

I have been subscriber of Netflix for very long time and use it a lot. 2 years ago, I also purchased an Ipad and enrolled for the 3 months free with Apple +. I ended the subscription at the end of the 3 months as I was not convinced. I prefer the interface of Netflix and I found that Netflix has more selection on movies and series.

Last week, as I couldn't really find what to watch next on Netflix, and saw some interesting trailers on Apple + (some apple production), I signed up again on Apple+ (basically as they have already your apple ID, they only charge your credit card). I give it a try again and watch what I am interested but my stop the subscription after 1 month or 2. At the same time, I keep my Netflix subscription running as my wife use it too

No subscriptions. Download everything for free. Most of the subscription services have a few good movies and series, but to get them all it would be prohibitively expensive for all the monthly fees.

I have Apple TV. It’s part of a bundled service. Apple TV, Cloud storage, games, Apple Music.  The “individual “ plan is $19.95 a month for the bundle.  I’m sure Apple TV alone would be cheaper.  Anyway, there are some decent series on the platform, a some good movies.  You can also purchase movies for your library.  All in all, it’s not a bad deal if you use it.

• 5 weeks later...

IMO...

Apple TV+ has less but higher-quality original programming.

Netflix has much, much more original programming.

I have/watch both. (plus HBOGo, Disney/Hotstar, Amazon Prime)

I'd take the free Apple TV + for three months then evaluate if there is value for you?

Then maybe try Netflix for one month.

You can watch reviews of both on Youtube. Especially focus on those YT channels which review each months' offerings.

• Thumbs Up 1