Second Day Off Weed

20 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Can you give us a follow up report, say once a year? 🤔

Oh. So you're not the guy who jumped out of his 12th story condo as someone posted in another thread.  

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Actually it was a comment to @2baht. Congrats on giving up the weed. I did it some months back. After a week or so you'll be thinking much more clearly. 

Thanks for the input.

My situation is mor extreme than most.  I live in a beautiful part of the country with a great partner but it on the edge of nowhere Thailand.  It has been an interesting experience the last 4 years but easy to slip into an unhealthy mental state if I don't stay active physically and mentally.  I only used at night but I was motivationally challenged well into the next day.  My 5:30am runs are now at 11am in the heat which is stupid. A pleasant experience evolved into a punishment 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Feels good on your second day? How much did you smoke in the first place, because you would feel anything but good at day 2, maybe at day 5-7. Then as a consequence; you feel brighter, more social, sharp, get a <deleted> load of stuff done for X weeks, then realize, it is super boring to be that alert all the time and smoke again. 

Funny, probably right and as I stated it is a break. 

I don't use much and don't smoke anymore because my lungs were starting to cause problems. Constant hacking which evolved into having a hard time breathing.  I exercise often and have a mild case of exercised induced asthma.  I measure everything (strange I know) and I measure exactly .1 gram of about 20-25 THC which for me equates to about a gram if smoked.  This dose literally floored me initially but not now.  Edibles are my preferred method and it isn't even close.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Funny, probably right and as I stated it is a break. 

I don't use much and don't smoke anymore because my lungs were starting to cause problems. Constant hacking which evolved into having a hard time breathing.  I exercise often and have a mild case of exercised induced asthma.  I measure everything (strange I know) and I measure exactly .1 gram of about 20-25 THC which for me equates to about a gram if smoked.  This dose literally floored me initially but not now.  Edibles are my preferred method and it isn't even close.

I am totally not into edibles, even I know I should, as you say smoking is not exactly good, that is also the only argument against weed IMHO. To take regular breaks as a daily smoker is important in my opinion, I didn't mention that part but I usually have a week break with just 1-2 small pure ones when visiting Vietnam every 3-4 months.

Since I use Purize filters in my joints, I cough much less though, and the taste is better. I do mix with tobacco, love the taste.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Hehe I always start with a joint and coffees

i've never had a single coffee in my life...... i know. i do have a protein shake though they are so yummy. how can i not. 

my work is cannabis too so that involved a lot of testing and more testing. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

i've never had a single coffee in my life...... i know. i do have a protein shake though they are so yummy. how can i not. my work is cannabis too so that involved a lot of testing and more testing. 

You are missing out on the good life then, try it with a coffee and a mixed hybrid joint.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Since I use Purize filters in my joints, I cough much less though, and the taste is better. I do mix with tobacco, love the taste.

nooooooo. 

for taste you want glass tips. then you can put a cotton 5 or 6 ml filter in to block out chunks and some of the tar etc. 

glass tip joints are a whole new level of yummy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

nooooooo. 

for taste you want glass tips. then you can put a cotton 5 or 6 ml filter in to block out chunks and some of the tar etc. 

glass tip joints are a whole new level of yummy.

Just try purize activated charcoal filters with ceramic ends, they have glass too but that is not comparable at all, and you would not use that in a paper joint either. Me thinks you might do smoke too much in the early mornings lol.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Interesting, I disagree to blame the weed on this though. I smoke daily from morning to evening a few since over 15 years. I always wake up early, I always do my work. Perhaps you were smoking too little, and then a heavy one before sleeping, causing you to sleep very deep and that would cause you to become sluggish and late.

To then not even start digging into what you actually smoke, indica or sativa etc etc. I always say weed highlights your weaknesses and strenghts, so work on them instead of blaming weed for highlighting what is already within you.

I get your perspective but we are very different which is fine.  I can't smoke all day and even if I could, wouldn't.  My lungs would be a mess which isn't the case for many more fortunate individuals.  I could take edibles all day but I enjoy most days and love my life the way it is without edibles.  Not saying it is perfect but I'm blessed to be in my place in life.  Not for all but it works for me.

You possess more weed knowledge than I ever will.  It sounds like you have had a great journey - congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get your perspective but we are very different which is fine.  I can't smoke all day and even if I could, wouldn't.  My lungs would be a mess which isn't the case for many more fortunate individuals.  I could take edibles all day but I enjoy most days and love my life the way it is without edibles.  Not saying it is perfect but I'm blessed to be in my place in life.  Not for all but it works for me.

You possess more weed knowledge than I ever will.  It sounds like you have had a great journey - congrats!

Nothing wrong with being sober, I just always feel sad if someone leaves weed behind forever, while it might not been the cause. In your cause, I understood already its just a break, i have no opinion otherwise on how people smoke, not my life. have a good one.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Bad idea. You just killed your sex life. Don't stay off it long. 

It's more likely the other way around to be honest. Most people get an increased desire for actual sex with a partner, when not smoking after smoking a lot.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

14 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I am totally not into edibles, even I know I should, as you say smoking is not exactly good, that is also the only argument against weed IMHO. To take regular breaks as a daily smoker is important in my opinion, I didn't mention that part but I usually have a week break with just 1-2 small pure ones when visiting Vietnam every 3-4 months.

I don't think this is long term break but it might be.  I don't get addicted to things easily so quitting is easy and as you stated a week off probably has benefits.  Even having sex with a beautiful women can become routine and I enjoy sex much more than being high.  My point - all activities become boring if you don't get your mind in the right place which luckily I have always been able to do even if it takes me time to get there. 

I don't think this is long term break but it might be.  I don't get addicted to things easily so quitting is easy and as you stated a week off probably has benefits.  Even having sex with a beautiful women can become routine and I enjoy sex much more than being high.  My point - all activities become boring if you don't get your mind in the right place which luckily I have always been able to do even if it takes me time to get there. 

Yes it is like a sand clock: the bottom is smoking and the top is not smoking. Currently the top fills the bottom, but when the bottom is full, smoking is now dull, turning it around by not being a smoker would be fulfilling again. 

I seem to have some version where it takes less time when filling it up to the other side of it again though hehehe.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It's more likely the other way around to be honest. Most people get an increased desire for actual sex with a partner, when not smoking after smoking a lot.

That's how it is for me. My partner doesn't indulge so she is ready at night and I'm pulling out my Kindle and ready to read a book.  

I've stumbled across a Canadian woman on YouTube with the handle "cannabanista"..

She brings that female "style" element.. lots of pretty stash boxes etc..

The one I watched yesterday was about "tolerance" breaks. She's a fan, saying for her it's a good approach.

In my opinion the OP  seems to be working hard to justify his break. Probably due to some of the pushback from some early responders.

I wouldn't bother with a tolerance break but I do control when I smoke. Mid-afternoon at the earliest, just before a nap. Then later in the evening to enjoy the buzz before sleep.. 😌