Question about the Router

ChipButty

Can any of you guys tell me why would a guest need to plug his cable into the router? First time anybody has asked me this question,

We do have a router in each apartment so it's not shared, it's good WIFI nobody has ever complained in over 6 years,

If he intended to bring mining rigs do they need to be plugged into the router?, We have had that once before OMG the electric bill went through the roof,,   

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Can any of you guys tell me why would a guest need to plug his cable into the router? First time anybody has asked me this question,

We do have a router in each apartment so it's not shared, it's good WIFI nobody has ever complained in over 6 years,

If he intended to bring mining rigs do they need to be plugged into the router?, We have had that once before OMG the electric bill went through the roof,,   

Presumably you mean an ethernet cable?

If so perhaps he has a computer without a wireless card - unlikely I know.....

or just prefers a wired connection believing it to be faster/stable or whatever. 

Why don't you just ask him?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/25/2024 at 12:21 PM, ChipButty said:

Moderators close this now I declined his booking

Wired is always faster than WiFi, and no interference from other signals.  Simple as that. 

Mining requires little internet, but a lot of electricity.  It could be what he's up to, but if it's a monthly booking, you should be metering the electricity anyway, otherwise, people just leave the A/C running 24/7. 

Edited by KhunHeineken
  • Thumbs Up 1