BLACKPINK’s Lisa Announces New Solo Single “Rockstar”

webfact

image.jpeg

BLACKPINK’s Lisa unveils her highly anticipated solo single, "Rockstar," set to drop at 8pm ET on June 27. The Thai rapper ignited excitement across social media with an Instagram Story revealing the title and release date of her latest track, following two weeks of steady hints.

At the beginning of June, Lisa hinted at her new music venture by launching a TikTok account, sharing snippets of what fans now know to be "Rockstar." The music video features striking shots of Bangkok’s Yaowarat at night and the abandoned New World shopping mall, adding a unique local flavour to the production.

In August, the Guinness World Records acknowledged Lisa for amassing a million followers on TikTok in just two hours and 18 minutes, a clear testament to her global influence.

As part of her promotion, Lisa continued to tease "Rockstar" with additional TikTok clips. One such snippet features the phrase “Baby, I’m a rock star,” giving fans a tantalising glimpse of what to expect.

"Rockstar" marks Lisa’s first major project since signing with RCA Records. This new partnership, in conjunction with her own company LLOUD, ensures she maintains ownership of her master recordings.

Lisa's prior solo hits, "Lalisa" and "Money," were released under YG Entertainment and Interscope Records, with "Money" notably becoming the first solo K-pop song to surpass a billion streams on Spotify in 2023.

Commenting on her latest professional move, Lisa stated in April, “I’m super excited to be joining the RCA family, and I am confident they are the best team to create a bigger movement in my solo career. Looking forward to showing the world everything we have been preparing.”

Fans are eagerly waiting to see how "Rockstar" shakes up the music scene, and Lisa's return promises to be nothing short of spectacular.

Picture courtesy: TV 5

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-27

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The girl knows her best interests, and has great business accumen.

Does she ever.

Her farang boyfriend is loaded.

Frederic is the second son of LVMH founder, chairman, and CEO Bernard Arnault who overtook Tesla’s Elon Musk last year to become the richest man in the world. He has a reported net worth of US$233bil (S$314.9bil).

https://www.todayonline.com/8days/blackpinks-lisa-and-rumoured-boyfriend-lvmh-scion-frederic-arnault-turn-heads-event-miami-2416926

These Thai women are world beaters on the money trail. 

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Does she ever.

Her farang boyfriend is loaded.

Frederic is the second son of LVMH founder, chairman, and CEO Bernard Arnault who overtook Tesla’s Elon Musk last year to become the richest man in the world. He has a reported net worth of US$233bil (S$314.9bil).

https://www.todayonline.com/8days/blackpinks-lisa-and-rumoured-boyfriend-lvmh-scion-frederic-arnault-turn-heads-event-miami-2416926

These Thai women are world beaters on the money trail. 

She was doing very well with her own career which she built up over many years by hard work and dedication to her craft...

Not inherited from Daddy...

Not saying I'm a fan... but fair play to her.