Recurring bouts of high fever with no other symptoms.

how241

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

So that is 3 episodes of unexplained high fever within a few months.

You need to see a doctor as previously advised.

Thanks.  I took a quick look at my calendars and  Yes,  I have had 2 episodes this month(June 11-14, 2024)+(June 27-30, 2024)and 1 episode on April 8-13, 2024. 

I did not see anything on last years calendars(2023) at all.  I usually do mark things down.  For the year 2022,  I had Covid on Sept 24-28, 2022.    For the past 20 hours I totally stopped the fever reducing meds.   I definitely slept better and was more well rested in the morning even still having  37.5 this morning.  I think with previous fevers I was using the tylenol and Ibuprofen too much thinking I was doing good when actually I was slowing my recovery.  I  have an appt scheduled on Tuesday. 

Should I mention your name ?  Thanks for all of your help.

Edited by how241
I never tested for covid before as I was breathing OK and didn't want to go near the hospitals

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Of course they do. Everyone in a hospital is sick, many of them seriously so. 

The population of people not in hospitals is by definition much healthier than those in. So naturally fewer of them die.

As a percentage of population, death rate is highest in hospices. Because only terminally ill people are admitted to them. 

You may well as say "more people drown in oceans, lakes and rivers than anywhere else" (also true). 

Or bathtubs... but the point is... Medical errors are a leading cause of patient morbidity and mortality. Recent mortality analysis in the United States ranked medical errors as the third major cause of death, following heart disease and cancer, which were ranked on the first and second place.  Plus if a person wants to be exposed to all kinds of disease for whatever their reason... go sit in the waiting room of a hospital ER.  I wasn't discounting that a high fever is not or cannot be serious... however, I was being credulous in thinking that he really was that dire if he was able to control it with "Tylenol" or ibuprofen... Even a slight exaggeration can turn a normal body function into a dire one... 

10 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Plus if a person wants to be exposed to all kinds of disease for whatever their reason... go sit in the waiting room of a hospital ER. 

I agree with that king of thinking and that's why I don't go near hospitals unless I have

to.  Bottom line is that hospitals are Full of sick people carrying who-knows-what.  That is the nature of hospitals.

• Love It 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:10 PM, Gaccha said:

If you want to know the full extent of possible reasons, especially the unusual ones that are not detected at any future preliminary screening then read this Merck medical manual link; this is the gold standard. Doctor's often use the Professional version. 

Thank you Very much for this link.  I didn't see this before.  Excellent info.  Thank you