Gavin Newsom California Dem Gov or

riclag

Newsom  is the lefts answer for continued power 

According to them he ‘s a 8 year man methinks

The California governor has made clear that he’s not running for president in 2024. But he’s getting antsy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/04/gavin-newsom-biden-trump-2024/678051/

'You don't turn your back!': Newsom defiantly pushes back on calls for Biden to step down

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Newsom  is the lefts answer for continued power 

According to them he ‘s a 8 year man methinks

The California governor has made clear that he’s not running for president in 2024. But he’s getting antsy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/04/gavin-newsom-biden-trump-2024/678051/

'You don't turn your back!': Newsom defiantly pushes back on calls for Biden to step down

Looks kind of .........

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Looks kind of .........

……Hollywood 

john Wayne he aint ,

Ronald Reagan he ain’t ,

What is he? He ain’t my hero! I livid there, in California .

IMG_2767.jpeg.f50bea8eb2e68134e4681075a8b50a05.jpeg

Edited by riclag

26 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Now there is a thought, 

A Hollywood dream boy versus a wannabe New York mob boss!

Wow now theres a thought!

The left loves them Hollywood Glitzers. Maybe have the godfather for his campaign mgr

IMG_2768.jpeg.f59d74e45c98760d5d10c6884ddfdef6.jpeg

methinks

As a California resident(for a couple months a year) and taxpayer I know he has some big problems in Sacramento. He turned a 61 billion dollar surplus into at least a 40 billion dollar deficit in less than 3 years.  That is some accomplishment. For the next year CA will have significant budget cuts and my CPA has told me to expect  a small or no return from my 2024 state income tax filing. . I guess this makes  Gavin more than qualified to be a Presidential Candidate. Good luck Gavin on whatever you decide. Either way he has nothing to lose because when he is done he can just back to his mansion in Napa.  

8 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Clearly the Dems need a new credible and effective candidate. Apart from Newsom, who else have they got?

I think some would say the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana.  He is the current secretary of transporation and wolud be the first openy gay presidential candidate. This would at least get the LBTG Q vote (did I say this right and did I cover every community?). 

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I think some would say the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana.  He is the current secretary of transporation and wolud be the first openy gay presidential candidate. This would at least get the LBTG Q vote (did I say this right and did I cover every community?). 

Yes, Buttigieg looks good with plenty of potential. Age 57 about right. I have thought in the past he had a way to go to prove himself but his time in the Biden Cabinet will have been a growing experience.

Anyone else? (remembering that other Presidents - eg Clinton & Carter - basically came from 'Nowhere' and made it to President through their campaign performance and facing weak Republican candidates).

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, Buttigieg looks good with plenty of potential. Age 57 about right. I have thought in the past he had a way to go to prove himself but his time in the Biden Cabinet will have been a growing experience.

Anyone else? (remembering that other Presidents - eg Clinton & Carter - basically came from 'Nowhere' and made it to President through their campaign performance and facing weak Republican candidates).

He will get a heroes welcomes in SF, LA, SEA, SD, NY, BOS, CHI and DC but in others places I doubt it.  This is a problem with the former mayor: He does not play in the flyover states.  

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Whitmer or Klobuchar.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Whitmer or Klobuchar.

They both look potentials.

The problem now is to get Biden to step aside (can his wife achieve that?) so there's time for a proper process for choosing a new candidate.

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

They both look potentials.

The problem now is to get Biden to step aside (can his wife achieve that?) so there's time for a proper process for choosing a new candidate.

I think Biden is a good man.

Stepping aside now would be a great thing for the country.

I hope he decides to be great.

Aside from Newsom and Whitmer I just heard this name mentioned.

I don't think its Buttigeig's time yet.

Yes Shapiro now governer of Pennsylvania is a Jew. If Mexico can have its first Jewish president why not the USA?

Newsom does bring California baggage. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Shapiro is impressive in the Pakman extracts above.

So the Democrats' problem isn't a lack of talent (and I suspect that that's not the Republicans' problem either) ...

No it's not.

The problem now is getting Biden to step aside.

The momentum says he won't. 

Then he needs to NOT endorse Harris and he need to get her to understand that she shouldn't complain as she is too unpopular to have a shot. 

If she raises a stink that she's being slighted as a woman or ethnic minority, then the democrats screw themselves anew.

Then if the field is clear there is hope at an OPEN convention where one of the obvious very talented new options can emerge.

Looking at all that, not great odds!

Edited by Jingthing

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No it's not.

The problem now is getting Biden to step aside.

The momentum says he won't. 

Then he needs to NOT endorse Harris and he need to get her to understand that she shouldn't complain as she is too unpopular to have a shot. 

If she raises a stink that she's being slighted as a woman or ethnic minority, then the democrats screw themselves anew.

Then if the field is clear there is hope at an OPEN convention where one of the obvious very talented new options can emerge.

Looking at all that, not great odds!

Yes, looking grim I'm afraid. Unless one or more of the potentially high-quality alternative contenders have enough guts to organize an alternative course.

I wonder where Jill Biden is in all of this. Noone must be more aware of the stress on her husband than she is. You might think that an approach thru her would be the way to go ...

4 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, looking grim I'm afraid. Unless one or more of the potentially high-quality alternative contenders have enough guts to organize an alternative course.

I wonder where Jill Biden is in all of this. Noone must be more aware of the stress on her husband than she is. You might think that an approach thru her would be the way to go ...

The nomination race is over UNLESS Biden steps aside. It would be pointless for any other candidate to step forward unless and until that happens.

• Agree 1