What are the positive aspects to living in Thailand?

bob smith

58 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not sure I agree with this, Thai people don’t seem to like farang.. just the money and who can blame them really with the poor attitudes most farangs have 

I have seen plenty of aggression towards farangs almost daily 

Are you still pretending to live in Thailand?

Back on topic,

It's nice to be able to go cycling almost every day. Back in the UK I wasn't able to cycle once a week.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

A decent, albeit flawed reply.

The airports are atrocious here. 4hr immi queues are the norm, particularly in high season.

Violence against farangs happens daily.

I can't stand golf.

bob.

"Violence against farangs happens daily."

Not really a criticism of Thailand.

Some types will find a beating wherever they go.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In addition to all the others -

• Makes my Thai wife happy to live here
  • Travelling is cheap and not always looking at speedo (SFA cameras and fine not ludicrous)
  • OK to have a few drinks (not drunk) and drive home
  • Movies are cheap
  • Golf is great (but not cheap)
  • Can travel cheaply to a fantastic beachside resort when they offer a special deal on short notice

I moved up to the north-east a few months ago. Since then, driving has become good fun again, for the first time since maybe the 90s.

OK, so I have to dodge the odd cow, and perhaps some four legged animals too, but there are few to no speed cameras, almost zero police, roads in better condition than back in the west and little to no traffic on the roads outside of rush hour. Even then it's still pretty light.

I'm tempted to buy a driver's car again rather than wallow around in a Fortuner.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

It would certainly be a intelligent discussion with you being so intellectual 

i'm as dumb as a bag of rocks. now pass me some bong water. i'm thirsty. time to drive home. 

Edited by stoner
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here....    most Thai's I know drink drive - this is one of the sweeping criticism I have of being here.

Has anyone you know actually died from drink driving?

Or do you just like to follow rules for the sake of following rules.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:
22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here....    most Thai's I know drink drive - this is one of the sweeping criticism I have of being here.

Has anyone you know actually died from drink driving?

Or do you just like to follow rules for the sake of following rules.

The stupidity of the above comment will not be honoured with a respectable response - you've proven time and time again with the majority of your comments what a trollish fool you are - the above simply cements this further.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The stupidity of the above comment will not be honoured with a respectable response - you've proven time and time again with the majority of your comments what a trollish fool you are - the above simply cements this further.

I will take that rambling answer as a no.

i thought as much.

I guess a no answer would not have suited your over the top narrative.

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I know somebody who killed almost a whole family drunk driving. 

Also know someone who killed an older couple in collision, while driving away from cops while drunk.  18 ish yrs old and did time for that.

Had a few friends die while driving drunk.  One on MC, and a couple in cars.   Thankfully I've never had an oops, hurting myself or anyone while DUI.

I did know better not to buy a MC, till I stopped drinking and driving.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I will take that rambling answer as a no.

i thought as much.

I guess a no answer would not have suited your over the top narrative.

Again, ignored for the obvious reasons...  

“Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

34 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I know somebody who killed almost a whole family drunk driving. 

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Also know someone who killed an older couple in collision, while driving away from cops while drunk.  18 ish yrs old and did time for that.

Had a few friends die while driving drunk.  One on MC, and a couple in cars.   Thankfully I've never had an oops, hurting myself or anyone while DUI.

You're feeding the moronic diversion tactics of a foolish troll.  

While extremely tragic on a personal level - the statistics and numerous news articles tell the reality.

My individual experiences and anecdote is irrelevant - whether or not I have personal experience of loss through DUI does nothing except feed the dumb troll asking such a stupid question.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While extremely tragic on a personal level - the statistics and numerous news articles tell the reality.

My individual experiences and anecdote is irrelevant - whether or not I have personal experience of loss through DUI does nothing except feed the dumb troll asking such a stupid question.

somebody continue feeding him and those who respond to him no matter my response or not, so ? 

Edited by Hummin

On 6/29/2024 at 2:32 PM, daveAustin said:

What are the positive aspects to living in Thailand?

Thai people and not being in the booooring, staid West.

The US has anything you want in the world. Hardly boring. Thailand's beaches are nice, but the country areas are among the most boring worldwide.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was replying to post quoted.  Though point taken.   Although I think OP got a bigger thrill out of your post, and had to use a few tissues ... :cheesy:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Most positive aspect; only one site for whiners, moaners, tossers, plonkers, whingers, complainers, naggers, grouchers, snivelers, grumblers, gripers, cranks, fussbudgets and kvetches like this one. 

Not quite, there’s also the one that cannot be mentioned, ends in door.

Edited by ArnieP

9 minutes ago, NJHOUSE said:

And the weather, remove that too because the sun is often so intense that you can't even be outside

Fully agree about the intensity of the sun. Needs to be avoided. I was surprised to see so many people praising the weather. I often leave Thailand for periods of time just to get away from the weather, particularly the excessive heat and humidity. And then you got the immense air pollution on top of it. 

• Like 1