Which one do you prefer more? Bolt or Grab

I'm trying to decide between using Bolt or Grab for getting around in Bangkok. Which one do you prefer and why? Any notable differences in service or pricing? For me, I prefer Bolt as it's much cheaper, compared to Grab.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You need to find some new hobbies you do,

Or maybe get read by posters who wish to contribute and not telling him what to do instead.

29 minutes ago, MichaelJackson said:

I'm trying to decide between using Bolt or Grab for getting around in Bangkok. Which one do you prefer and why? Any notable differences in service or pricing? For me, I prefer Bolt as it's much cheaper, compared to Grab.

It´s actually not much difference between them. However, I also prefer Bolt when visiting the bigger and tourist cities. 

Edited by Gottfrid

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Or maybe get read by posters who wish to contribute and not telling him what to do instead.

It´s actually not much difference between them. However, I also prefer Bolt when visiting the bigger and tourist cities. 

Don't encourage him

• Sad 1

I reckon Bolt is the single most game changer ever to hit Thailand in the decades since I first visited

Just sublime

Posted (edited)

Despite Bolt being cheaper and preferred by locals, I used to use Grab exclusively, mainly because they are all over SE Asia so it didnt matter where I was; I could always use the same app. I wanted to support the business model of the company.

However, Grab recently implemented a 3% foreign payment fee, which is total BS since the charges are in the local currency and processed through the global visa network.

As a result of this bogus fee, I now use Bolt in Thailand for rides, and I use Food Panda for food delivery.

In Bangkok, I use the BTS since traffic doesn't move 🤣

Edited by AsiaTraveler1234

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I used Bolt a few times but having to pay cash annoyed me. Has that been fixed?

Yes, you can use cards now or indeed cash.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I use both Bolt and Grab in Thailand. Most drivers are on both apps. I find it easier to get a car on Grab as the fares are higher. I beleive, and could be wrong, that drivers prefer taking bookings on Grab as they earn more. Nowadays I avoid the options that will get me a driver in a regular meter taxi - a driver, even in a private Yaris, is always better in my experience. The lady driver option is something we use when my gf is on her own or we are both travelling together. I use motorsi a lot when in Pattaya and find Bolt has more reiders. Grab also works very well for TukTuks in Phnom Penh when we are there.

Edited by soi3eddie

On 7/1/2024 at 10:09 AM, MichaelJackson said:

Any notable differences in service or pricing? For me, I prefer Bolt as it's much cheaper, compared to Grab.

What's the point, you just answered your own question.

5 hours ago, kingofallasians said:

I prefer rimming everywhere I go.

Does this have a different meaning, I thought rimming was carried out in a specific place.