Non 'O' Funds based on Salary

For the past 6 years, I've used my salary to obtain my yearly Non 'O' Marriage visa extension.  This has always been accepted.

Today I went to CW, with my wife and a member of staff from the company's HR department.

The company is very large and is based in Rangsit, Pathum Thani. I live in Don Mueang, Bangkok. It's a 15 minute commute to work.

Although my papers were accepted today, I was told that I wouldn't be able to use my salary in the future because the company I work for is based in another province, and they that they (CW) can't check the company's details because it's another province.

The officer suggested that I use the 400k method. My wife explained that I didn't have that amount of money. The officer then suggested to my wife that I'm hiding money from her. She also had a problem believing that we live together, even after providing the usual photos and showiing my 90 day reports. My wife only told me this after we got home.

I've been extending my visa for the past 20 years, and have come to expect the worst every time I visit CW. No matter how correct my paperwork, they always find something.

Post rant.

My question is: Was the officer correct in demanding that if I want to use my salary for my extension, I must live in the same province as the company I work for?

I can find nothing on the Immigration list of requirements.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

he was totally wrong

i work in bangkok and my wife is registered khon kaen. 

CW told me to do my extension there in khon kaen base on salary as you

I went to KK. i was little bit nervous because of being in your shoes. work another place doing extension in another place.  they extended my visa in 15 min. 

important thing is where your wife is registered not where you are working.

this was before covid tho.

EDIT: no harm going and asking about this to pathum thai immigration

EDIT 2: if he was correct he wouldnt accept your paper work easily. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes. The girl from HR said that she'd have a word with Pathum Thani and see if they would be happy to do it next time. That's where my work permit comes from.

I find it hard to believe that there's no way for Bangkok office to check details with Pathum Thani, if they really need to.........

..........But, then again.........555

15 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Yes. The girl from HR said that she'd have a word with Pathum Thani and see if they would be happy to do it next time. That's where my work permit comes from.

I find it hard to believe that there's no way for Bangkok office to check details with Pathum Thani, if they really need to.........

hope wont be any problems next time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

I can see the IO's point, your work permit is issued in Pathum Thani as your work is in Pathum Thani. Your extension is in effect based on your work (salary), and that is wholly based in a different province.

Where is your TM30 filed?

Edited by bigt3116

16 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

I truly believe that they want everyone to use an agent.

I have no clue about agents but seeing as how they seem to have contacts within immigration it might be that agents share charges paid by the expats.  But like I said, maybe immigration just sees agents as easier to get along with...555

22 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

For the past 6 years, I've used my salary to obtain my yearly Non 'O' Marriage visa extension.  This has always been accepted.

Today I went to CW, with my wife and a member of staff from the company's HR department.

The company is very large and is based in Rangsit, Pathum Thani. I live in Don Mueang, Bangkok. It's a 15 minute commute to work.

Although my papers were accepted today, I was told that I wouldn't be able to use my salary in the future because the company I work for is based in another province, and they that they (CW) can't check the company's details because it's another province.

The officer suggested that I use the 400k method. My wife explained that I didn't have that amount of money. The officer then suggested to my wife that I'm hiding money from her. She also had a problem believing that we live together, even after providing the usual photos and showiing my 90 day reports. My wife only told me this after we got home.

I've been extending my visa for the past 20 years, and have come to expect the worst every time I visit CW. No matter how correct my paperwork, they always find something.

Post rant.

My question is: Was the officer correct in demanding that if I want to use my salary for my extension, I must live in the same province as the company I work for?

I can find nothing on the Immigration list of requirements.

Agent!!!! Start to use one. !0,000 Baht per year. approximately. Don't waste your time dealing with an IO like this. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, problemfarang said:

he was totally wrong

i work in bangkok and my wife is registered khon kaen. 

CW told me to do my extension there in khon kaen base on salary as you

I went to KK. i was little bit nervous because of being in your shoes. work another place doing extension in another place.  they extended my visa in 15 min. 

important thing is where your wife is registered not where you are working.

this was before covid tho.

EDIT: no harm going and asking about this to pathum thai immigration

EDIT 2: if he was correct he wouldnt accept your paper work easily. 

It's not about where your wife is registered, but where you live and are doing 90-day reports. Plenty of people make extensions across the country from where their wives are actually registered. You're supposed to make your extensions where you live, nowhere else.

2 hours ago, Myran said:

It's not about where your wife is registered, but where you live and are doing 90-day reports. Plenty of people make extensions across the country from where their wives are actually registered. You're supposed to make your extensions where you live, nowhere else.

dont tell me bro, tell to immigration. it is where your wife is registered... thats how i and others did.

2 hours ago, Myran said:

t's not about where your wife is registered, but where you live and are doing 90-day reports. Plenty of people make extensions across the country from where their wives are actually registered. You're supposed to make your extensions where you live, nowhere else.

This appears to be the problem. I live with my wife, in Bangkok. I do my 90 day reports and yearly extension in Bangkok.

However, I work in Pathum Thani and my work permit is issued in Pathum Thani.

They don't want me to use my salary as proof of finance. 

Absolutely correct in how we must watch how we say exactly how we feel about some subjects here as we are not in our home countries and some folks have weak tolerances for the truth.  Have a good one!

19 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

They don't want me to use my salary as proof of finance. 

This is the main thing.  It used to be, you provided a tax-filing, work-permit, and salary-letter from your job for this case. 

THEN, a few years ago, they started asking for a ton of company-documents from other govt-agencies - making it into a "Non-B" type paperwork hassle in addition to the Marriage-based paperwork.  

BUT, if you have 400K in the bank seasoned for 2 months, they will do your marriage-based Non-O THAT way, w/o hassle.   ... well, the normal marriage-based extension thick-binder of paperwork, but w/o all the other business-related stuff.

Why?  Many Non-B applications are handled by agents, hired by employers, so their employees are not put through the wringer.  Immigration see you using a Non-O marriage-extension as cutting into their Non-B agent-business. 

It is similar to how they felt about embassy income-documents, so stopped those for most (USA, Australia, etc) expats, for their retirement and marriage-based extensions.

• Like 1