Monthly budget in Thailand

susanlea

17 minutes ago, susanlea said:

One guy said he lives off 15,000 baht. The cheapest budget I can manage is 31,000 and that is it. How much do you spend? Could you have fun on 20,000? 

How many people and animals is in your budget? 

Rent or owning appartment house? 

Need a breakdown on your expenses to make sense.

• Agree 1

my sports habit (cycling wakeboarding) alone runs to around 20k between various fees and transport. Don't ask what the equipment cost tho.

It was even more before I started cycling 8-10 hours per week, but now I eat like a horse.

I'd say somewhere in the 60k region and I am a homebody when I'm not active.

my rent is ridiculously low for someone who rents a house in central Bangkok, but I have been here for years.  

Even as recentas 10 years ago bangkok was waaaay cheaper.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

15-30K is survival, unless you maybe are older already + have a 100% paid off house/condo and minimal other bills. I'd say minimum 50K to live properly, double that for a small family with a child and school costs.

Even one could live of 30K, that can never possibly include things like yearly travel home, medical costs, visa costs, savings, changing phone/laptop/clothes, maintaining a bike or car etc etc etc. This is just something that can work short-term, to bootstrap a new business or whatever.

It never ends well long-term with any of these people that do that, that I have met in 12 years here.

20 - 30 k is a sustainable living budget for home cooking, but not much more. 

Farm budget income this year is 300k

We spent yearly 1,2 - 1,5 depending on how many private trips back  Home for both of us, and not paid by work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

We spent yearly 1,2 - 1,5 depending on how many private trips back  Home for both of us, and not paid by work. 

Yeah it could be fine if you were Thai, have 30 baht healthcare, no visa issues, can own a small paid off home over time etc etc.  Then it would be middle class.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

My favourite restaurant in Bangkok has great 69 baht meals. 3 a day is 207 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, n00dle said:

my sports habit (cycling wakeboarding) alone runs to around 20k between various fees and transport. Don't ask what the equipment cost tho.

It was even more before I started cycling 8-10 hours per week, but now I eat like a horse.

I'd say somewhere in the 60k region and I am a homebody when I'm not active.

my rent is ridiculously low for someone who rents a house in central Bangkok, but I have been here for years.  

Even as recentas 10 years ago bangkok was waaaay cheaper.

And never saved to buy a house .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1