Thai-ed up: British man’s terrifying prison ordeal in Thailand

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

On the subject of Embassies, I'm a Brit who was Thailand-based, but worked in Australia for a while. The Australian Embassy was MUCH nicer to deal with than the British Embassy, and about half the cost if fees were involved too.

Yer Same for me Andrew ---I'm a plastic Oz 20+ years there--great place.  I had some contact with a few embassy's as I was Prison visiting for some years--The Tourist Police who handle a lot of stuff with embassy's used to say that of all the western embassy's Scandies were the best--Americans  and most of what we use to called the western Europe OK, but sometimes they would wait for weeks to get an answer from the UK to simple question like-- can you contact & inform prisoners family so they can send money (you can buy better food etc)

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Lovely. Every morning when I open AN one of those criminal Brits made it for a headline.

Why are so many British criminals in Thailand?

And why is the majority of foreign criminals British?

Should the Brits who live here be ashamed?😳

Pre-COVID numbers, but at that time Brits were the falang nationality that made the most visits to Thailand per annum.

Also, if you read about 40 Brits being arrested over the course of a year, there were another 728,632 who either hadn't done anything wrong, or hadn't been caught😁 It's a number thing, maybe not that they're more prone to criminality, just that there's lots more of 'em!?

1 hour ago, craighj said:

Poor baby, if you can't do the time don't do the crime!

What is it with these knobheads, they get caught and then whinge about the conditions in a Thai jail!  Did they think they were going to the Hilton?

I have no sympathy at all.

Yeah, The BKK Hilton 555 Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellah

16 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

The IDC detention center--is a nightmare, much worse then the BKK Hilton.

But you are only there until deportation-- no one is given a set  sentence to the IDC center. Your embassy is advised & If its the UK one (hard luck) they will then try to access family members to pay for your fare,

e & are reluctant for the embassy to pay for it if it isn't forthcoming from another source. But it does seem to be a long time for him to be in there waiting for deportation.

none of it makes sense, his jailtime was long for IDC and short for a drugs offense.

I cant imagine the man was such an orphan that somebody couldn't come up with the overstay fine and a ticket to get him out earlier.  

16 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Junkie. All of them should be locked up, and they should be re-arrested if they try to write a book about it afterward.

True. 

imagine some bozo teaches your kid? 

I heard some teachers have a pint at lunch break "not a biggie" some arrived to school with hangover and bar girl waiting ...

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Apparently you feel intellectually challenged, your club, I fear, would therefore offer me no stimulation but I appreciate your invitation to illuminate the wasteland minds of your members.

Unfortunately you wouldn't pass the intelligence test to join.

You probably held a senior government job in your career as well but no intelligence 

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Unfortunately you wouldn't pass the intelligence test to join.

You probably held a senior government job in your career as well but no intelligence 

Wrong again, I worked most of my life in Germany in a design office for high end autos. why am I so important to you that you have to show such aggression, relax, have a beer, this is all so unimportant....don't copy the tailor, try looking at life with humour, it's over so soon.

I know nobody has empathy for someone who's in Thailand illegally and selling drugs.

But on the topic of the IDC, that place is truly a nightmare, and it's right in the middle of Bangkok. Some of you guys should go see it. There are women and children in there who were swept up from war-torn countries and just trying to survive who are basically between a rock and a hard place and have no possible way out.

The IDC isn't like some bad hotel where you can just bide your time to get out. It's like a poop infested, disease-ridden, hot humid series of small rooms, each holding more people than can lay on the floor simultaneously, there are fights, there are problems with food and water being stolen, there's limited or no medical attention. It's managed by edgelord guards who seem to have lost all sense of humanity.

Yeah, sure, there are scumbags locked away there who shouldn't come out. But... along with them are people who should be treated much much better but have no voice.

The place is rife with corruption. Is truly heinous and I wish it was getting more attention.

• Like 1

This story makes me wonder why so many other westerners goes to Thailand just to involve themselves in illegal behavior when they should know about the conditions in Thai jails! That should be enough to avoid ANY crime at all! Lol! Thai jails are hell for a westerner! Wanna be a bad guy? Be so back home where you come from! There jails are hotels compared to Thailand!!  😆😆

All our prisons. Should be like that.  ! 
if you offend ,    You should pay the price of loosing your freedom 

not treat prisoners better than the people they have robbed , etc 

maybe then we would get more coming out of prison wanting to change there lives.  ! For the better 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Lovely. Every morning when I open AN one of those criminal Brits made it for a headline.

Why are so many British criminals in Thailand?

And why is the majority of foreign criminals British?

Should the Brits who live here be ashamed?😳

Not really! Most Brits are up for fighting, drunkenness, overstay. Compared to other nationalities who are usually up for sexual offences!

• Love It 1