The killer of seven (or maybe more)…jing-joks

I killed 2 in the past week....  😝

Jing jok crap is a trigger for me..

It's my house.. They have the great outdoors to live and crap in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't tolerate them in the house either. The mess they make and all the chirping at night, waking me up.  You can also use sticky pads like these.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDWlcBt0IJbH5X8MTuUjy-R62UJbrJsr3NKPlrik324VWDZSQ9

13 hours ago, bob smith said:

I didn’t walk around the village in the nude.

I opened my front door.

it is a private residence.

My house, my rules.

bob.

Not at all! When you opened the door to people wanting contact with you, it became a public matter.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Not at all! When you opened the door to people wanting contact with you, it became a public matter.

not when I was stood inside my own house!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

not when I was stood inside my own house!!

bob.

Nor true, it falls under indecent behavior. You need to read up and know your rights Bob. It´s not enough with only an opinion.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Gottfrid said:

Nor true, it falls under indecent behavior. You need to read up and know your rights Bob. It´s not enough with only an opinion.

you familiar with Thai laws are you?

can you quote me the act and/or policy number please. thanks.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

21 minutes ago, Marcous said:

I don't tolerate them in the house either. The mess they make and all the chirping at night, waking me up.  You can also use sticky pads like these.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDWlcBt0IJbH5X8MTuUjy-R62UJbrJsr3NKPlrik324VWDZSQ9

She has sticky pads and I get her out of the house!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

you familiar with Thai laws are you?

can you quote me the act and/or policy number please. thanks.

bob.

Will not go in to that, as there are more than one law and one paragraph that finalizes the view on this seen from different aspects.

However, this is a rather good report from a Universiity project. If you are lucky, Bob, you act will fall under artistic because of the possible problems of finding the focus object. 😉 

TU_2017_5701031824_9037_8676.pdf

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

The local mosquito population will be forever grateful. :coffee1:

Indeed. With gecko murderers on the loose like the OP, we will all need to get vaccinated for Dengue now!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Have you ever gone on a jing-jok killing spree? 

Not necessarily proud of it, but I just finished my first. And I’m not promising it will be my last. 

Some background.

There’s a gap at the top of the back kitchen door which they can crawl through, and over the years they had just about taken over the house. In every room, on every wall, on the ceilings, behind curtains, all over the place. Over the years, I guess I learned to live with them, and because I never did anything about it, they pretty much lost fear of me. Some of these jing-joks, I’m guessing here, might have been tenth generation house guests.

My list of grievances was pretty long. Defecating on freshly washed dishes and pots and pans hanging on the kitchen walls. May have been responsible for an expensive washing machine repair. I also started wondering if all these lizard droppings were good for my respiratory health, and whether constantly seeing things scurrying on the walls and ceilings was good for my mental health. How long, I wondered, before I started seeing pink elephants? My snapping point was watching two of them chasing each other in the cutlery cannister, playfully jumping from spoon to fork to knife and back again.

So, armed with a fly swatter, I went to war.  None were spared. Not jing-joks already missing tails. Not elderly jing-joks. Not newborn or juvenile jing-joks. Not pregnant jing-joks. Nor did I discriminate based on skin color: light complected and dark complected jing-joks all met the same fate. Some of the craftier ones were systematically hunted down. In a few cases, furniture was moved in the process.

One thing I noticed was that after the first round of killings, word got out fast. When I entered a room, any still surviving jing-joks ran for cover like their lives depended on it, which, of course, it did. It was like, ‘Did you see what happened to Freddy? Looked like he got hit by a bus or something.’

I know there’s gonna be a few people who perhaps disapprove, but I want to report that my sense of well-being has markedly improved as a result. Feels like my house is my house once again.

Sorry little fellas, but I felt like it had to be done.

@Gecko123 you seem obsessed with geckos in general. Just sayin'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

I ve not killed any, but my cat enjoys the sport

And the cat is always so disappointed when they are finally dead. 

Cockroaches the same...

• Like 1

I don't like their droppings all over the house.  But I don't kill them.  If I can catch them I move them outside.

I tell them beforehand not to drop their tail because I'm not going to hurt them but they rarely listen to me.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

OP you seem to have many insects in your home to attract them, spray the rooms, with an insect spray would reduce them a lot. 

Almost no insects in house, only occasional mosquito, occasional ant invasion. 

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Almost no insects in house, only occasional mosquito, occasional ant invasion. 

Spray bottle of bleach sorts those pesky ants out.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Spray bottle of bleach sorts those pesky ants out.

Thanks for the tip. Tried this out on the kitchen counters this morning and results were very promising.

On 7/7/2024 at 1:34 PM, simon43 said:

Sounds great fun, but do you dare sleep at night?  When I stayed at a hotel in Burma, there was an enormous Tookay lizard behind the wardrobe in my room.  When I went to bed and turned out the light, after 5 minutes if I turned the light on again, there was the Tookay, staring at me with it's bulging eyes!!

I almost went and slept in the hotel garden 🙂

I had a huge one who lived behind the mirror in the bathroom , which was the old fashioned kind with the pump , bucket and bowl. He frightened me to death too, so I only used the bathroom when I knew he’d gone up to the roof. That was Kata beach, kok Tanode, only little Thai houses at that time.