What is the 10 year retirement visa in Thailand?

From the tax perspective and cost the LTR-P (Pensioner) is the best option if qualified. No tax on amounts remitted to Thailand from abroad. Multiple entry permits. Preferred lines at airport (allegedly). One time fee of 50,000 baht.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I went this week to get the next 5 year extension to my O-X visa at CW, if anyone is still thinking of this 10 year visa, note the changes,  for the second 5 year stamp, you now need a new criminal reference check from your home country, new medical showing no diseases, cost 10 000 baht, and health insurance, according to them you still need  3 million in the bank despite the website saying it can be reduced after 1 year as long as the money is spent in Thailand, i had a young IO who spoke perfect english and without prompting said she knew i could not get one from my home country,  she said i had the option of just leaving Thailand before the stamp expires and return getting a visa exempt entry and apply the non o retirement She also said without me asking that the new simpler retirement visa would be launched early next year and to keep a look out on the Thai embassy website in your home country for the new rules.  

Edited by howerde
missing text
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 10:54 AM, oldcpu said:

The LTR visa was granted tax exemption for assessable foreign income (by a Thai Royal Decree), but there is a caveat to that Royal Decree that the rules of the Revenue Department still need to be adhered to, which could mean this tax exemption status could be affected. 

If you'd allow I'd rephrase that: at this point in time the tax exemption stands, and even for LTR/WP the Revenue Department might require some paperwork, possibly a tax return, to justify it.