Labour to Permit 100,000 Migrants to Apply for Asylum

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You think Britain tagging along, poodle like, in the US's wars,

I think - and in all seriousness correct me if I am wrong - I have seen your posts elsewhere, which take  a pro-Russian stance, or at least anti-West stance in the Ukraine war. I have no interest in bringing that debate here. I will say I disagree with you, and I welcome(d) the debate - unfortunately, like so many threads here, I didn't participate because it had already descended into a tiresome trade of insults by the time i read to the most recent post.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

that ambulance drivers and nurses can't be paid a decent wage because the money is being used to buy expensive missiles for Ukraine isn't any of your business?

The ambulance drivers and nurses are not being paid a decent wage mostly due to the cuts in public services by the last (right-wing) government. This has been sustained and relentless and named 'austerity'. They were not being paid a decent wage long before Putin moved his tanks on Kyiv.

I did not say the US election was of no interest, I said it was none of my business. I responded to a post about the US presidential candidates. It is most certainly none of my business to try and tell Americans (or any other nationality) who they should choose to lead their country. I stand by that statement.

23 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Post a link to those houses available for 10 000 GBP ?

It was something I read months/ maybe even a couple of years back. I am not going to look for the link. This price was for houses that were very run down and need work. I don't know if they belonged to a council or were houses belonging to some long closed factory.

I read this on the web, so there actually is a link for this somewhere, but i can't remember where, but I would just like to point out to those requesting a link for everything, NOT EVERYTHING IS ON THE INTERNET and if there is no link it doesn't mean it is not true.

13 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It was something I read months/ maybe even a couple of years back. I am not going to look for the link. This price was for houses that were very run down and need work. I don't know if they belonged to a council or were houses belonging to some long closed factory.

I read this on the web, so there actually is a link for this somewhere, but i can't remember where, but I would just like to point out to those requesting a link for everything, NOT EVERYTHING IS ON THE INTERNET and if there is no link it doesn't mean it is not true.

Those are auction starting prices

Even this property auction price begins at 50 000

1 of 1

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/149525075#/?channel=RES_BUY

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Those are auction starting prices

Even this property auction price begins at 50 000

1 of 1

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/149525075#/?channel=RES_BUY

It has a roof. I seem to remember rotted staircases and roofs collapsed. Maybe after you have fixed it up your 10k house would have cost you 50k. The point was that there were very many all close together in an area.

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That would be quite posh and high class for Liverpool , Des Res 

Can you rob the leccy is another consideration when pricing.

I seem to remember that the article was saying you could find a diamond in the rough for 10k where they were all priced on the assumption you would have to spend on them, although they did make the point your neighbours would be derelict houses.

15 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, the Tories went further to the left, that's why they failed. 

Like Galloway said, Labour and the Tories are two arses of the same cheek. 

The Tories failed because they are incompetent, corrupt and not at all interested in anything other than handing more of the nation’s wealth to the already hyper wealthy.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My lot?

But I do agree, let’s wait and see.

None of this predicting the future HS.

Yes, your lefty lot, you now have what you wished for, I guaranty the voters, in the not too distant future, will regret what they voted for..........:saai:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

My lot?

Yes, your lefty lot, you now have what you wished for, I guaranty the voters, in the not too distant future, will regret what they voted for..........:saai:

• Love It 1

My lot?

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Are your guarantees printed on soft tissue paper?

They might then have some value.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Im with you ..I  think all the immigration to the UK is absolutely fantastic 😊 you Sir should give yourself a pat on the back 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im with you ..I  think all the immigration to the UK is absolutely fantastic 😊 you Sir should give yourself a pat on the back 

Good to see that slogans and scapegoating are now being replaced by enacting policies that don’t single old men who’ve been living, working and contributing in the UK for over 50 years.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Exactly! You hit it the nail on the head 

Why care about these single old white  men ...we must all support the downtrodden minority groups 

Young immigration especially black & middle eastern people is the future where they can express their religion,sexuality and views without bias in a Country such as the UK which is multi cultural and embraces cultural enrichment 

What single old white men are you on about?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

You mean this evening ?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pickwick said:

It was already stuffed up from the previous (right wing) government. They have started to fix an inherited problem. If some ignore that entirely or react with hyperbole to a one-sided media article written to provoke them, that indicates preconceived opinion (or they are easier to manipulate than they believe) - especially when the same posters normally decry the media and call out one-sided articles written from the other perspective. 

I didn't need any article to decide if Labour was going to stuff it up. All I needed to be correct in my pre election assessment of Starmer was the news that he's going to let 100,000 illegal aliens remain in Britain. Perhaps you are saying that that is not true and the OP is wrong?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Exactly! You hit it the nail on the head 

Why care about these single old white  men ...we must all support the downtrodden minority groups 

Young immigration especially black & middle eastern people is the future where they can express their religion,sexuality and views without bias in a Country such as the UK which is multi cultural and embraces cultural enrichment 

For a moment I thought you were being serious.

Isn't satire/ sarcasm great!

• Haha 1

I think - and in all seriousness correct me if I am wrong - I have seen your posts elsewhere, which take  a pro-Russian stance, or at least anti-West stance in the Ukraine war. I have no interest in bringing that debate here. I will say I disagree with you, and I welcome(d) the debate - unfortunately, like so many threads here, I didn't participate because it had already descended into a tiresome trade of insults by the time i read to the most recent post.

The ambulance drivers and nurses are not being paid a decent wage mostly due to the cuts in public services by the last (right-wing) government. This has been sustained and relentless and named 'austerity'. They were not being paid a decent wage long before Putin moved his tanks on Kyiv.

I did not say the US election was of no interest, I said it was none of my business. I responded to a post about the US presidential candidates. It is most certainly none of my business to try and tell Americans (or any other nationality) who they should choose to lead their country. I stand by that statement.

Given that the US interferes all over the world, IMO it's long overdue that the rest of the world have a vote on the US president. If they ever decide to keep the US troops inside American borders then I will agree with you.

The problem with the NHS is that it rewards incompetent managers over hard working low grade nurses that actually do the work. From my 10 years working for the NHS as one of the hard working low grade nurses that actually did the work, I can confidently say that the NHS has about 50 % too many managers, and about 25 % too few workers.

I was working in the NHS during that last Labour government, and all Gordon did for us was waste 6 billion quid on more mangers and fancy buildings.

• Sad 1

I think - and in all seriousness correct me if I am wrong - I have seen your posts elsewhere, which take  a pro-Russian stance, or at least anti-West stance in the Ukraine war.

A lot of posters I have on ignore think I'm pro Russia. Nothing based on reality about that. I'm merely trying to inject some reality into the situation, and I despise warmongering western leaders only too happy for other people to die.

I think Thailand has it right, not taking sides, as it's none of their business.

17 hours ago, Pickwick said:

Again your sentence doesn't tally. You claim 'modern day liberals' - then write 'for decades'. How far are we going back for modern day liberals? I don't even know who you are talking about anyway (honestly).

Would not most people consider everything post WW2 to be modern day? It's certainly when the age of loony liberals that like to spend other people's money on idiotic schemes began.

Personally I think it began when ordinary people were able to afford a car, thanks to fossil fuel and Henry Ford's assembly line factory method of making them cheaply. For the first time in history, ordinary people were enabled to travel wherever they chose, even if a great distance away.

It's been a great ride for us ordinary folk, but now it seems the liberals want to take that freedom away from us.

Dark times lie ahead IMO.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's certainly when the age of loony liberals that like to spend other people's money on idiotic schemes began.

Oh! You mean the Rwanda scheme, the half built HS2, Brexit checks, banning on shore wind-farms.....that kind of thing?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you are saying that that is not true and the OP is wrong?

It is categorically wrong to say that Starmer is going to 'let 100,000 illegal aliens remain in the UK'.

There is a backlog created by the previous government. Labour have now begun to process this backlog. Full stop.

I say this with sincerity but I cannot fathom how someone can equate dealing with a backlog created by the previous government with 'letting 100,000 illegal aliens remain in the UK'. Unless, of course, if you have an anti-labour agenda. 

That does not make it any less wrong, however.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Oh! You mean the Rwanda scheme, the half built HS2, Brexit checks, banning on shore wind-farms.....that kind of thing?

The Rwanda scheme is just Australia's policy transferred to Britain, and it works, so is not a loony idea at all. No idea what HS2 is.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Rwanda scheme is just Australia's policy transferred to Britain, and it works, so is not a loony idea at all. No idea what HS2 is.

The Australian asylum scheme has cost taxpayers around £5.2 billion since 2013

The Australian Government has sent 3,127 people people to these detention centres since 2013, according to the Refugee Council of Australia.

This has come at a cost to Australian taxpayer of AUS$9.5billion, which is over £5.2billion, and works out to £1.6million per detainee.

For the same price, the Australian government could have sent each detainee to London’s Eton College for 33 years.

Excellent value for money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

It is categorically wrong to say that Starmer is going to 'let 100,000 illegal aliens remain in the UK'.

There is a backlog created by the previous government. Labour have now begun to process this backlog. Full stop.

I say this with sincerity but I cannot fathom how someone can equate dealing with a backlog created by the previous government with 'letting 100,000 illegal aliens remain in the UK'. Unless, of course, if you have an anti-labour agenda. 

That does not make it any less wrong, however.

I'd never have let them in in the first place, but water under the bridge and all that. The Tories were just as bad as New Labour ( haven't heard that term for a while now ) IMO and Starmer will be worse IMO.

Somewhat sad to see a country that once enforced Pax Britannica around the world reduced to such a pathetic ending.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1