Dashcam Footage Captures Motorcycle Cutting Off Car, Resulting in Fatal Collision

webfact

8 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

First thing I put in any car I buy, both front and back cameras, even did the same for my Big Bike, but that's gone now. I also have a Garmin Mini with a suction mount for when I rent a car, because there is no way I am going to trust other drivers, especially here in Thailand, they lie soon as they get out of their cars after an accident. I could upload dangerous and suicidal behavior daily, its insane what this cesspool society allows to happen on its roadways, sidewalks, Zebra crossings. For a tourist-centric country, it fails miserably in the safety of its citizens and guests that travel within it's borders.

Hardly worth staying really !

21 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:
9 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

First thing I put in any car I buy, both front and back cameras, even did the same for my Big Bike, but that's gone now. I also have a Garmin Mini with a suction mount for when I rent a car, because there is no way I am going to trust other drivers, especially here in Thailand, they lie soon as they get out of their cars after an accident. I could upload dangerous and suicidal behavior daily, its insane what this cesspool society allows to happen on its roadways, sidewalks, Zebra crossings. For a tourist-centric country, it fails miserably in the safety of its citizens and guests that travel within it's borders.

Hardly worth staying really !

You mean, because one facet of life in Thailand is found disagreeable you think that supersedes all the positive aspects and still results in a net-negative?... so someone with an negative observation should leave ????...   :whistling:

lordgrinz' post is quite right - the behavior on roads here is ridiculous...  I disagree with the use of the term "cesspool society"... the ops negative bias has cast a shadow over his judgement of society on a whole - somewhat bigotted, IMO... though it can be said a greater proportion of those on the roads in Thailand are more dangerous and do more idiotic stuff than in many of our home countries. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

When the railway road was completed there were traffic lights in all directions along it's entire length, within one month they were switched to flashing Yellow for the railway road and flashing red for the crossings which meant priority for the railway road, within another 3 months they were switched off all together!!

White stop lines have been there the whole time.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Was the dash-cam car going too quickly for the visibility ? Or is that just a result of the camera field of view ? 

Yes, that happens when using a wide-angle lens on the camera.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, JoePai said:

Beginning to sound ?  If you have ever driven in Thailand you would know it's been a necessity for years

Only for 20 years... my vehicle is so old it most certainly did not come with them. 

Not sure, but was the car on the wrong side of the road, there appears to be a stop sign line on the left, also, car seemed to be speeding.. I'm sure there are some eager to correct me. Please do.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If not your fault don’t accept the findings of a lowly police-man at the scene - they are not adequately trained & will make their decision based on emotion & bias - the path of least resistance.

You gave in too easily in accepting fault - especially if you have cam footage which shows you were stationary in a legal u-turn lane. 

I did not have a camera then.  I spent years and thousands of baht on lawyers' fees as the Thannachart Insurance agent was totally all at sea.  I eventually paid off the 'victims' so I could get on with my life.  The cop extracted 15K from my wife (I learned later) or he 'would make my next year's visa very difficult.'

There are some readers on this site who have wondered why my comments seem anti-police from time to time.

6 minutes ago, mikebell said:

some readers on this site who have wondered why my comments seem anti-police from time to time.

Anti-police comment...... Totally justified mate. 

It's the only complaint I have about Thailand, it's the only time you'll here me moan. 

Useless cops. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I heard today that the CEO, Neils Colov from Pattaya People, his youngest son died riding his motorbike on the railway road yesterday. 

From the video the bike was going too fast, should have slowed down.

He was tavelling east/west, so the bike had right of way. 

When I'm going through that intersection, everyone has right of way. 

One of my wifes workers & his new wife that had not been married very long were killed when  truck drove at speed through a stop sign, they have since installed lights but even red lights dont stop them, they just dont care and do not like stopping, Thailand needs police on the roads as well as hefty fines etc to try to get all the pathetic drivers/ridrs to either follow road rules or be locked up.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BobBKK said:

It looks like half a dozen of one and six of the other? Car was too fast, bike too fast, one of them, not sure which, should be at a 'give way' junction. No helmet = death.

Car Cams tend to make it look like you are driving much faster than you actually are. Good idea to buy one that has GPS so your speed is shown.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

though it can be said a greater proportion of those on the roads in Thailand are more dangerous and do more idiotic stuff than in many of our home countries. 

And it can be said that a greater proportion of that greater proportion, in proportion to their own numbers, are farang. When out on the bike I try to avoid them. I feel safer with the Thais.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1