Everybody is born and dies the same way

11 hours ago, susanlea said:

Fish often contains mercury and parasites. Eggs are way better. 4 eggs a day is good.

I am guessing you wouldn't say that after your triple heart bypass.

You don't think it'll happen to you, until it does.

• Sad 1

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Are you suggesting eggs are unhealthy? If so you need to do some reading and educate yourself. One of the best foods on the planet.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Are you suggesting eggs are unhealthy? If so you need to do some reading and educate yourself. One of the best foods on the planet.

I'll listen to the conventional wisdom of doctors, thanks.

You can "play doctor" yourself, probably getting crappy information online.

I don't think 4 eggs a day is healthy, no.

Edited by FruitPudding

4 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Depending on your health and activity level. 

Do not need to eat 4 yokes everyday, but the egg white is great to cover your need for protein. 

Alot of the old school advises when it comes to diet, is best known as old school today. 

It is a bit more complex and complicated than give fat and cholesterol the blaim for hearth diseases.

Lifestyle diseases, drinking, bad diets full of sugar, processed food, poor sleep pattern,  and inactivity is the main reasons for bad health. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

It's the opposite.

The information online has surpassed information that most doctors possess, which is more limited and usually more outdated. 

Keep in mind some doctors were trained 30 years ago and maybe never keep up with anything and maybe are too busy working 80 hours a week to update their knowledge.

And also keep in mind that doctors are not trained on nutrition, but pharmaceutical intervention. 

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

It's the opposite.

The information online has surpassed information that most doctors possess, which is more limited and usually more outdated. 

Keep in mind some doctors were trained 30 years ago and maybe never keep up with anything and maybe are too busy working 80 hours a week to update their knowledge.

And also keep in mind that doctors are not trained on nutrition, but pharmaceutical intervention. 

Well, up to you.

You think that doctors aren't aware of scientific research?

Maybe they aren't watching the latest fad YouTuber - who isn't a real doctor - pushing carnivore or something.

And most influences are just jumping on the latest fad for likes and subscribes. 

But it'll be the doctor's you go to to save your life. 

Okay, gimme a laugh. What diet do you think is healthy?

On 7/11/2024 at 1:17 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Clinging onto stuff that you'll never use again...  perhaps. 

Clinging onto stuff that offers no cosmetic improvement or personal value to your life... perhaos.

We could go as far as, whats the point in decorating our house?, we can't take that with us... Whats the point in ornaments ?...   they serve no practical value. 

This binary concept that inanimate objects are 'junk'...   is flawed.. 

Our belongings fall on a spectrum of individual value from the utterly useless and pointless, through to the highly valued and useful items... 

... some folk have no need for a car - and thus argue a car is not needed, while others find a car essential...  

The same can be said of a nice house full of items someone else may consider junk...   but they find enjoyable to have around.

Just because something is not 'needed' does not mean it is not benifitial to have around as we may need it at some point, or may find solace in keeping it...   

Watches are a perfect example - completely unnecessary in todays world...

I had a lovely watch, purchased at a key moment in my life - later on I figured I didn't need it and sold it for a profit. 

I regret selling it on and would have taken a degree of happiness in passing that watch to my Son.

Thus: I'll now look at getting another watch, something my Son can have when I pass, something that he will take sentimental value from.

This perhaps leads me on to the main point - some people find no sentimental value in belongings, they call it junk. 

But, life is to be enjoyed, and if a person takes value from items, then it has contributed to their enjoyment.

Thats not to say that without such items their life is not enjoyable, this would be a binary fallacy, but life can be complimented by many things we have and do.

You're comparing apples with oranges. There's a big difference between treasured and/or useful items and 'junk'. And by junk I mean unused stuff that fills up garages, loft spaces, spare rooms (sometimes even known as junk rooms) and sheds. 

I've kept very little junk in my life, I've been far too mobile for that and yet I have enjoyed my life to the full. 

The 2 items that I have kept the longest are my Leatherman multitool and my yoga mat (now used for my daily Qigong practice)

'Life is really simple and yet we insist on making it complicated'. Confucius 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Which doctors? On average they live shorter lives. :coffee1:

What is crappy info online? Science can be read online. 

I take no meds whatsoever. I eat eggs, meat, fish, salt, chocolate, blueberries, peanuts, almonds.

I'm stronger and fitter now than 10 years ago. Very few doctors could keep up with me.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Well, up to you.

You think that doctors aren't aware of scientific research?

Maybe they aren't watching the latest fad YouTuber - who isn't a real doctor - pushing carnivore or something.

And most influences are just jumping on the latest fad for likes and subscribes. 

But it'll be the doctor's you go to to save your life. 

Okay, gimme a laugh. What diet do you think is healthy?

No, I will not give health advice because there is too much conflicting information out there.

But it doesn't mean your doctor knows either. 

Right now, I'm eating a lot of eggs, but I will not advise anyone else to do the same because I'm not sure if there's a downside to it. 

Edited by save the frogs

10 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I treid carnivore. I did lose all my excess weight, but I had constipation issues. Not enough fiber? Not enough magnesium? 

Started eating fruit (for fiber and magnesium, potassium, etc...), but gained too much weight.

Not cutting out most fruit, except for very low carb fruit -- ie avocados, coconut, blackberries, raspberries, maybe grapefruit.

I'm experimenting. Not 100% sure I know what I'm doing. But I don't trust most doctors to tell me what to eat. 

33 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I treid carnivore. I did lose all my excess weight, but I had constipation issues. Not enough fiber? Not enough magnesium? 

Started eating fruit (for fiber and magnesium, potassium, etc...), but gained too much weight.

Not cutting out most fruit, except for very low carb fruit -- ie avocados, coconut, blackberries, raspberries, maybe grapefruit.

I'm experimenting. Not 100% sure I know what I'm doing. But I don't trust most doctors to tell me what to eat. 

Try fish, nuts and eggs.

49 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

avocados and coconuts are high in fat, not ideal if trying to lose weight 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

links for everything, means nothing, you're fat, I'm not

Scientitic studies. Your diet is probably crap. You just ride a bike cause you got nothing else to do.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Scientitic studies. Your diet is probably crap. You just ride a bike cause you got nothing else to do.

my diet is great plus lots of exercise, you just eat rubbish and try and work it off in the gym, waste of time

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

my diet is great plus lots of exercise, you just eat rubbish and try and work it off in the gym, waste of time

Gym is for building strength. Riding a bike is a waste of time.

Just now, save the frogs said:

I don't even know that means.

Sorry, I don't speak Norwegian. 

He rides 50km to 100km 3 times a week then uses p4p. Claims to have the best life. Sounds really lonely.

On 7/10/2024 at 3:09 PM, susanlea said:

Born naked with nothing. When you die you don't get to take stuff with you. So why do people accumulate so much junk? 99% of everything you own is junk.

Why ? Because it's the life you lead and enjoy between birth and death that matters...that's why...

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

He rides 50km to 100km 3 times a week then uses p4p. Claims to have the best life. Sounds really lonely.

I am not totally anti p4p.

There's pros and cons to being married.

Marriage = a lot of compromises. You may not be able to live in the place you want to live because you may need to move where your wife wants to live.

So I won't pass judgment on the p4p crowd. 

Cycling is good. Apart from I don't like the risk of being hit by a bus. 

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

I am not totally anti p4p.

There's pros and cons to being married.

Marriage = a lot of compromises. You may not be able to live in the place you want to live because you may need to move where your wife wants to live.

So I won't pass judgment on the p4p crowd. 

Cycling is good. Apart from I don't like the risk of being hit by a bus. 

He claims his life is superior. That is the funny part. Different people like different things.

• Haha 1

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Where you overweight before? Or have you always been a healthy weight?

He rides 50 to 100km 3 times a week. If he stopped riding he would get fat on the same diet. So he is kind of stuck with that hobby.