What visa type.

If tourist visa it was used when you were stamped in.

You have temporary permission of stay.

Overstaying 7 days would be 3500b

You pay on departure at airport.

Not a big deal however you will have overstay stamp in pp

To avoid that you could attend immigration and application for extension will be denied and granted 7 days to leave. 

It's not an extension. 

It's a get out of dodge.

Assume you have used 30 day extension.

Obviously you need stay VERY low when enter overstay. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...and, more ominously, arrest.

Have now edited my post with the suggestion that he lies low during the week in question.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What visa type.

If tourist visa it was used when you were stamped in.

You have temporary permission of stay.

Overstaying 7 days would be 3500b

You pay on departure at airport.

Not a big deal however you will have overstay stamp in pp

To avoid that you could attend immigration and application for extension will be denied and granted 7 days to leave. 

It's not an extension. 

It's a get out of dodge.

Assume you have used 30 day extension.

Obviously you need stay VERY low when enter overstay. 

1 year retirement     after reading the responses will leave Thailand by the 19th   thanks

Edited by charleskerins
nm
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Have now edited my post with the suggestion that he lies low during the week in question.

I omitted one option in my first post.

He could (maybe) do border bounce for another 30 day visa exempt entry.

OP is thin on information 

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

Please what?    All what time?     forget about it.

You had one year (according to you) to organize departure within your current permission of stay.

Irresponsible 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...and, more ominously, arrest.

Theoretically, can they see an overstay and show up at the registered address on the TM30? Seems possible. All it would take is for the computer to flag people living in the area.

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Theoretically, can they see an overstay and show up at the registered address on the TM30? Seems possible. All it would take is for the computer to flag people living in the area.

What!

When did you ever read of immigration doing what you outlined.

Your post has zero credibility 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Visa expires on 9/19/24  what are the ramifications if I overstay one week?

thanks

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

1 year retirement     after reading the responses will leave Thailand by the 19th   thanks

According to your OP your permission to stay is until September 19th, you have plenty of time to renew it or do a border bounce, I’m baffled as to why anyone would consider an overstay considering the circumstance!? Not to mention that you’ve been a member on this forum for enough time to understand that having a little wherewithal can go a long ways considering such matters. Or did I miss something here?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, novacova said:

According to your OP your permission to stay is until September 19th, you have plenty of time to renew it or do a border bounce, I’m baffled as to why anyone would consider an overstay considering the circumstance!? Not to mention that you’ve been a member on this forum for enough time to understand that having a little wherewithal can go a long ways considering such matters. Or did I miss something here?

Well all I asked for were the ramifications .Did I need to outline that going to the US would be much more convenient and inexpensive for me if i left after the 19th ? I know about the border bounce not that easy in my present circumstances.  When I saw that the overstay would be stamped in my passport that is what I needed to know . I don't want any hassle when I return so I will leave on the 19th .   thank you all for your responses and expertise 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You had one year (according to you) to organize departure within your current permission of stay.

Irresponsible 

You're  quite judgmental   - I didn't ask about organizing my departure   i asked about the ramifications if I DELAYED my departure.    My departure is organized   I have two different dates to choose form hence the ramifications question .Thank you for your assistance .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I didn't ask about organizing my departure   i asked about the ramifications if I DELAYED my departure.

And I outlined options in first reply.

So you stay in Thailand on annual extension and are not aware of overstay penalties. 

"Delayed my departure" is cute way of saying go into overstay knowingly 

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I'm sure that it is possible, if they put their minds to it.

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm sure that it is possible, if they put their minds to it.

Well, you can do anything until you are caught. Ignoring risks is not a good life choice in my opinion.

• Agree 1