Trump picks J.D. Vance as running mate for VP at Republican convention

webfact

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

I find it fascinating that you a foreigner and a supporter of Russias criminal war are the most prolific poster on this thread why is that?we will all learn a lot more about Mr Vance as the days go on.I know they will hold him to his quotes on the Republican attempt to set women back 50 years and strip them from dominion over their own body’s furthermore we fought a horrific civil war over (states rights) it’s just another example of trumps ignorance 

God love ya, Tug. You never fail to disappoint. You also never fail to bring up non-sequiters and irrelevant points in a discussion.  If you think they add any gravitas or weight to your erroneous assertions, you are sadly mistaken. 

Please tell us how letting the 50 states each decide their abortion laws will "set women back 50 years".  

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

God love ya, Tug. You never fail to disappoint. You also never fail to bring up non-sequiters and irrelevant points in a discussion.  If you think they add any gravitas or weight to your erroneous assertions, you are sadly mistaken. 

Please tell us how letting the 50 states each decide their abortion laws will "set women back 50 years".  

It’s that thingy of allowing them to make a choice if they want to start a family it should and was federally protected now any state legislatures can decide for (themselves)if another person has the right to decide to start a family trump is responsible and has bragged about it he will be held to account for it and so he should.you know this but insist on defending trump curious that……

Edited by Tug
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It's the all American success story. Rising from the ashes like a phoenix to reclaim past glory. Like you say, only in America. What a great country!

Not sure about the "coward" comment though. A dude who can stand up within seconds of nearly being murdered, and still have the presence and strength to reassure his followers, is no coward.  

The Secret Service has lots of explaining to allow Trump exposed twice. 

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, Vance is such a 'christo-fascist" that he married a Hindu woman.   

You have a hard time giving up the aggressive and dangerous rhetoric of the left. All the labels you use simply showcase why so much political violence comes from the left.  

His wife is very pretty.

I know her parents are from India but I haven't read about her religion.

You know for sure she is Hindu or just assuming?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His wife is very pretty.

I know her parents are from India but I haven't read about her religion.

You know for sure she is Hindu or just assuming?

According to Wikipedia she is a practising Hindu.  Make what you want of the source though.

By all accounts a very happy family - 3 kids, look totally comfortable in public together.  Usha is whip smart- also a Yale law school grad, clerked for two Supreme Court justices, etc.  An asset to her husband for sure. 

Usha and JD Vance with their three children. They welcomed their first child in 2017. Their daughter Mirabel was born in December 2021

Edited by Hanaguma
  • Like 2

Just now, Hanaguma said:

According to Wikipedia she is a practising Hindu.  Make what you want of the source though.

By all accounts a very happy family - 3 kids, look totally comfortable in public together.  Usha is whip smart- also a Yale law school grad, clerked for two Supreme Court justices, etc.  An asset to her husband for sure. 

I agree. I have nothing against Usha.

I can separate his family from his political position now as maga fascist number two. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It's the all American success story. Rising from the ashes like a phoenix to reclaim past glory. Like you say, only in America. What a great country!

Not sure about the "coward" comment though. A dude who can stand up within seconds of nearly being murdered, and still have the presence and strength to reassure his followers, is no coward.  

Trump used bone spurs in his feet, as his excuse to get out of military service. They didn't seem to hamper his ability to win championships on his own golf courses.

IMO his ongoing pathology probably fuelled his reaction. Too angry to be scared.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trump used bone spurs in his feet, as his excuse to get out of military service. They didn't seem to hamper his ability to win championships on his own golf courses.

IMO his ongoing pathology probably fuelled his reaction. Too angry to be scared.

...yes, and Biden used a student deferment (5 times) and "asthma as a child" to escape the draft.  One thing the two men have in common.  

Glad you can admit that Trump is a champion golfer though. That makes Biden's pathetic boasts at the debate even more laughable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A true bottom of the barrel pic, and a superfreak of a human being. It would have made sense for Trump to pick somebody a little bit centrist, instead he goes for an extremist, who absolutely abhors anything resembling the truth. Just like Trump. Plus, he is a total nut. 

Vance told ABC News in August 2016 that, although Trump successfully “diagnoses the problems” people are facing, he didn’t see Trump “offering many solutions.” In an October 2016 interview with journalist Charlie Rose, Vance said he was a “never-Trump guy.”

In another 2016 interview about his book, Vance told a reporter that, although his background would have made him a natural Trump supporter, “the reason, ultimately, that I am not … is because I think that (Trump) is the most-raw expression of a massive finger pointed at other people.” He condemned the former president as “an idiot,” and messaged a friend that he vacillated between thinking that Trump was a “cynical <deleted>” and “America’s Hitler.” A former marine, Vance also implied that the reason the Biden administration wanted to “to go and fight Vladmir Putin” was that Putin “didn’t believe in transgender rights.” In an interview with Jim Hoft, the founder of far-right blog the Gateway Pundit, Vance echoed a conspiracy theory pushed by Tucker Carlson, implying that Joe Biden was purposely attempting to flood the heartland with fentanyl to “punish people who didn’t vote for him.”

Feel good now that you have gotten that all out of your system? Lots of 'money quotes' from 8 years ago, before Trump was even elected, before anyone had any idea how he would govern or whether he would even win the election.  Now, if we can get back to the present day? Because if all you have against Vance is that he has not been a Trumper since he was in diapers, then you got nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Good job avoiding the actual important part of your post, which was the draft dodging accusation.  

Now tell us all about Joe 'Six Handicap' Biden....

Biden couldn't break 100 some 10 years ago. He couldn't walk 1 hole now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novacova said:

Mindless bash head against the wall rhetoric 

The emojis make it hard to calculate the P/RW ratio.

That's Pejorative/Real Words.  I don't know where the emojis go...

• Love It 1