" Jump to content

Thai AirAsia Seeks Government Aid Amidst Falling Travel Demand

snoop1130

My flights last month were packed, every seat taken, maybe they need to look at other costs as it can't all be tax on fuel being the problem????

• Like 1

HINT: if you want more business, have a better product and competent staff.

I fly Air Asia all the time and like it, but they do screw up from time to time. 3 months ago they changed a flight to two hours earlier, so I missed it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

When you engage in shameless gouging and practice an ugly form of corporate greed, there are consequences, and sometimes when all is right in the world the public just simply says no, I don't think so. No I'm not going there, no I'm not going to pay triple, that's not going to happen, and instead of buying your ticket they just simply turn around and walk in another direction.

You can't then turn around and ask the government for assistance, you have to simply accept responsibility for failed corporate policy. Or accept the failure that you created. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, ronster said:

Planes are always full on flights I have been on , but more people might travel if they didn't triple and quadruple their price at times !!

AirAsia should raise prices.  

The least expensive airline I've ever flown, if one has the wherewithal to actually plan travel.

Flying KUL-BKK in a lie flat seat for 520 THB next week.  That includes fast track immigration in KUL, 40 kg of checked bags, 14 kg of carry-on, and priority boarding.  Doesn't get much better than that.  

56 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

AirAsia should raise prices.  

The least expensive airline I've ever flown, if one has the wherewithal to actually plan travel.

Flying KUL-BKK in a lie flat seat for 520 THB next week.  That includes fast track immigration in KUL, 40 kg of checked bags, 14 kg of carry-on, and priority boarding.  Doesn't get much better than that.  

I checked that flight for start November from bkk return with 20kg baggage in economy and it was around 5300bht which is cheap . Baggage is around 900 bht each way , that is on the air Asia site.