CNN’s John King Says Democrats Fear Trump On Track For Blowout 330 Electoral Vote Win

20 hours ago, impulse said:

You can't shame me.  I'm in good company.  Only 61% of voters think that Biden won legitimately. 

As early as December, 2020, 126 congressmen and 18 states agreed with Paxton of Texas that there was enough voting irregularities to delay the confirmation until they could be litigated.

Overall, 61% of Americans say Biden did legitimately win enough votes to win the presidency, and 38% believe that he did not. Among registered voters who say they cast a ballot for Trump in 2020, 75% say they have doubts about Biden’s legitimacy.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-think-2020-election-illegitimate/index.html

MonmouthSurvey.jpg.02336e487474295f128acb74a22fc431.jpg

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/documents/monmouthpoll_us_062023.pdf/

It's quite possible to run a country where 30% disagree with the majority.  But you can't run a legitimate country when 30-38% think the election was stolen.  That's a recipe for disaster.

What you have here is an excellent example of the Big Lie theory working, sadly, quite well.  First used by the Nazis and dusted off by Trump, it's very simple.  Tell a big lie long enough and often enough and, eventually, a certain percentage of the population will come to believe the Big Lie to be true.   And, Trump told a whopper of a Big Lie with his loud and long and frequent false claim that the 2020 election was stolen. 

Obviously, that 75% figure of those believing the Big Lie that were Trump voters in 2020 were also predisposed to want to believe the Big Lie.   My guy didn't win, Trump must be right, the election must have been stolen, I feel much better knowing my guy did win and I didn't choose the loser.  Phew!

Investigated to death with no evidence found to support Trump's Big Lie, nevertheless a certain percentage of the population has come to believe the Big Lie.  Theory proven, once again, sadly.  It didn't help that with the 2020 election we had the perfect storm of massive mail-in voting for the first time, massive voter ignorance as to how election day and mail-in ballots are counted on election night and the following days, and massive lying about the election by the sitting president.  

As for the thread itself, we have a good example of yet another reason to ditch the cursed Electoral College.  In the tread's blurb and title, we have 'landslide'  and 'blowout' both being used to describe what might be the 2024 election result.  The fact that one candidate might win 330 electoral votes and thus have a 'landslide' 'blowout' victory gives a very false impression of the election, itself, and the will of the actual American voters. 

In 2024, Trump will likely lose the popular vote yet again--he did by 7 million in 2020 and he is now a convicted felon--but if he wins 330 Electoral College votes suddenly he's won a 'landslide' victory--when nothing could be further from the truth.   How have you won a 'landslide' victory when the actual voters have rejected you for the third time?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not just the senate but the house too which the democratic party should be able to take back with a strong presidential ticket.

Bad year for Democrats in the Senate. Definite Gop takeover. The House 50/50 but not nearly as important

30 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Just a footnote from history ... it has been 20 years since a Republican Presidential nominee has won the popular vote in the USA. PBS Newshour cited poll says 81% of registered US citizens say they plan to vote in November. Hope so, one that would be a terrific turnout and will be a definite voice whether the USA will turn to authoritarianism in frustration/anger within the working middle class. I maintain a small hope for this turnout because the majority of US voters lean toward the policies of the Democrat Party ... anti "Project 2025" stated policy proposals.

The popular vote is irrelevant. Just the one usual lopsided win in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia gives you 7 million extra votes over the other candidate

Edited by nattaya09
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tommyincambodia said:

Trump Won’t Win

I cannot believe that Trump will come close to winning and surely, I don't believe the stupid polls. Use your logic. Biden is going to win by a landslide for several reasons. 1. Every local state and re-do federal elections put Democrats over Republicans by a large margin since 2020. 2. The American women are pissed about Roe vs Wade and are going to come out in abundance for Biden. 3. Ignore the bull<deleted> about the black vote. Eighty-one % of black men are registered Democratic and their black girlfriends, and relatives are going to drag the men to the polls by Their "you know what". 4. The Latinos are also going to come out in droves since the Hump wants to incarcerate and deport their relatives. 5. Don't forget the gay vote. 6. How about all the student loan forgiveness especially in the battleground states. 7. The armed forces and their relatives won’t vote for the coward. 8. The students whose student death he got rid of will vote for Biden. 9. Seventy-three % of CEOS that deal internationally have expressed deep concern. 10. Project 2025 is a blueprint to replace the constitution with a Christian Nationalist government and the majority of people will not go for it. So, that leaves the Evilgelicals, some of whom will not vote for a convicted felon, and the rest are just part of the cult and the illiterate <deleted> Christian White supremacist. NOT ENOUGH!!!!

I'll try to remember to get back to you on that after November 5.

7. The armed forces and their relatives won’t vote for the coward.

Hmmm. If that is the case, then why would they vote for Mr "student deferment" Biden?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/16/fact-check-biden-received-multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

Biden received five student draft deferments and a medical exemption

• Love It 1

America is broken but anyone who thinks Trump is the answer will find out the very hard way that they are wrong if the planet is unlucky enough for him to win. 
Wake up people he is a narcissistic, wannabe dictator with no one’s interest at heart than his own. 

…… and what’s with the tampon on the ear?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 7/18/2024 at 10:14 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I don't want her; (Mrs. Obama) !

If she is elected, or if Trump is re-elected...

I will leave the USA in protest !!!

And, never return !!!

GOOD, very good.

As long as you don't end up where I live........

39 minutes ago, blazes said:

GOOD, very good.

As long as you don't end up where I live........

Just joking.

I am not in the USA.

I am here with you, if you are here in Thailand.

A new name to me being mentioned as possibly a better VP pick for Harris than Shapiro. 

Senator Mark Kelly of AZ. 

Great on paper.

Would bring swing state of Arizona.

Former military.

Former astronaut!

Married to the beloved guns violence victim Gabby Giffords so.he can talk about sensitive gun laws which is popular.

Not as charismatic as Shapiro and doesn’t bring the rust belt.

Edited by Jingthing

On 7/19/2024 at 6:41 AM, impulse said:

Overall, 61% of Americans say Biden did legitimately win enough votes to win the presidency, and 38% believe that he did not. Among registered voters who say they cast a ballot for Trump in 2020, 75% say they have doubts about Biden’s legitimacy.

I cannot understand the citizens of the USA. I presume every counting of votes is open for public. So many court cases, and not even ONE, where a possibility of fraude had to be accepted. Are all US voters then so stupid ?

Bye-the-way: I do not understand why a layer of representatives and a complex system of counties and states has to be in: why not one-head-one-vote, accumulated over the entire USA ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PuiPuiHarry said:

I cannot understand the citizens of the USA. I presume every counting of votes is open for public.

You started with a false presumption.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, theblether said:

There's no such thing as a popular vote in the USA. 

This is a game that childish and low IQ Democrats play. 

They forget that if it were a popular vote millions of disenfranchised Republicans in places such as California and New York would vote. 

People should not embarrass themselves by posting about this "popular vote" drivel. 

Hilarious.

You do realize that there are many other races on ballots during presidential election years, yeah? Also in some states like California ballot initiatives. Obviously popular vote doesn't determine presidential elections but if it was as meaningless as you say why is the fact that Biden overwhelming won the popular vote a key aspect of the maga fascist Big Lie that Trump actually won? They idiotically don't believe Biden could have gotten so many votes because Trump's rallies were so much bigger.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Hilarious.

You do realize that there are many other races on ballots during presidential election years, yeah? Also in some states like California ballot initiatives. Obviously popular vote doesn't determine presidential elections but if it was as meaningless as you say why is the fact that Biden overwhelming won the popular vote a key aspect of the maga fascist Big Lie that Trump actually won? They idiotically don't believe Biden could have gotten so many votes because Trump's rallies were so much bigger.

Nothing hilarious about it. Dems are currently panicking as they know the top of the ticket is vital to down ballot races. 

You know that too. Then again, as I was saying about childish and low IQ democrats.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Only four outcomes at this point: 

Biden stays in the race. 

Biden quits and Harris is anointed immediately. 

Biden quits and AN Other is anointed immediately. 

Biden quits and it's an open convention. 

AOC is saying that the idea of an open convention is nuts. One of her arguments is that the GOP could cause carnage by launching legal objections to late nominations. I find that hard to believe but equally she says that internal Democrat lawyers have expressed their uncertainty. I still find it hard to believe. 

Her other, more valid, issue is that she thinks the risk of disagreements spilling out into the open are too high as they most certainly would at the convention. Rachel Maddow mentioned that there's been a 31% reduction in voting intention for Democrats among African- American women. If that's 1/3rd correct, never mind half right, the election is over. To be honest, I don't believe that 31% figure either. 

But there's a school of thought that the risk of bypassing an African-American female VP, especially for a white male such as Newsom, would be a gift to the GOP. I believe that. The swing states are so tight there's no way the Democrats can alienate the A-A female vote. So, it has to be Biden - or anoint Harris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tommyincambodia said:

Trump Won’t Win

I cannot believe that Trump will come close to winning and surely, I don't believe the stupid polls. Use your logic. Biden is going to win by a landslide for several reasons. 1. Every local state and re-do federal elections put Democrats over Republicans by a large margin since 2020. 2. The American women are pissed about Roe vs Wade and are going to come out in abundance for Biden. 3. Ignore the bull<deleted> about the black vote. Eighty-one % of black men are registered Democratic and their black girlfriends, and relatives are going to drag the men to the polls by Their "you know what". 4. The Latinos are also going to come out in droves since the Hump wants to incarcerate and deport their relatives. 5. Don't forget the gay vote. 6. How about all the student loan forgiveness especially in the battleground states. 7. The armed forces and their relatives won’t vote for the coward. 8. The students whose student death he got rid of will vote for Biden. 9. Seventy-three % of CEOS that deal internationally have expressed deep concern. 10. Project 2025 is a blueprint to replace the constitution with a Christian Nationalist government and the majority of people will not go for it. So, that leaves the Evilgelicals, some of whom will not vote for a convicted felon, and the rest are just part of the cult and the illiterate <deleted> Christian White supremacist. NOT ENOUGH!!!!

I beg to differ.

Don’t see Biden pulling these types of crowds.

Meanwhile on Martha’s Vineyard he’s having a special meeting with his main handlers.  Once they have cleared out the remaining illegal aliens left behind from the previous purge.

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

Edited by G_Money

15 hours ago, Zack61 said:

America is broken but anyone who thinks Trump is the answer will find out the very hard way that they are wrong if the planet is unlucky enough for him to win. 
Wake up people he is a narcissistic, wannabe dictator with no one’s interest at heart than his own. 

…… and what’s with the tampon on the ear?

Perhaps, but Harris would be worse. If she wins, IMO it's over for the west as a civilisation.

You should get your eyes tested as you see things that are not there.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

8 hours ago, theblether said:

Only four outcomes at this point: 

Biden stays in the race. 

Biden quits and Harris is anointed immediately. 

Biden quits and AN Other is anointed immediately. 

Biden quits and it's an open convention. 

AOC is saying that the idea of an open convention is nuts. One of her arguments is that the GOP could cause carnage by launching legal objections to late nominations. I find that hard to believe but equally she says that internal Democrat lawyers have expressed their uncertainty. I still find it hard to believe. 

Her other, more valid, issue is that she thinks the risk of disagreements spilling out into the open are too high as they most certainly would at the convention. Rachel Maddow mentioned that there's been a 31% reduction in voting intention for Democrats among African- American women. If that's 1/3rd correct, never mind half right, the election is over. To be honest, I don't believe that 31% figure either. 

But there's a school of thought that the risk of bypassing an African-American female VP, especially for a white male such as Newsom, would be a gift to the GOP. I believe that. The swing states are so tight there's no way the Democrats can alienate the A-A female vote. So, it has to be Biden - or anoint Harris. 

That has to be 2 of the worst options in the history of the USA.

Vote for a guy with cottage cheese where his brain used to be

Vote for the most unpleasant woman since HRC to stand for POTUS.

I thought they already said it's going to be a closed convention. That would be the safest option, but also the most cowardly, IMO.

If they do hold a closed convention it means IMO that they are devoid of anything positive to offer, and are just trying to make it look like they are not already done as a party.

If it's closed, the advertising rate isn't going to be high, as only Dem fanatics will bother watching, IMO.

13 hours ago, PuiPuiHarry said:

Bye-the-way: I do not understand why a layer of representatives and a complex system of counties and states has to be in: why not one-head-one-vote, accumulated over the entire USA ?

Read the constitution.

14 hours ago, PuiPuiHarry said:

I cannot understand the citizens of the USA. I presume every counting of votes is open for public. So many court cases, and not even ONE, where a possibility of fraude had to be accepted. Are all US voters then so stupid ?

There is a movement to modify the cursed Electoral College, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.  States signing on to the Compact agree to award their Electoral College votes to the candidate that wins the 50 state popular vote.  

So far, 17 states and the District of Columbia have signed on.  To be activated, it needs enough states signing on to reach 270 Electoral College votes.  Currently, it is at 209 EC votes.  There is pending legislation in a number of states representing 50 EC votes.  Still a ways to go but something hopeful for those who believe presidential elections in the 21st century should be determined by popular vote, and not a relic from the 18th century.

There's no way Biden steps down without a rock solid personal guarantee his successor pardons Hunter after the California tax trial. 

Anyone who thinks Joe will risk leaving Hunter to fester in jail is wired to the moon. 

The problem for the Democrats is, Hunter's trial will descend into a corruption trial. Joe is inviting Kamala or a potential new Democrat president to strap a rotting albatross around their Presidency. 

Hunter has 30 witnesses against him in September. Even if Joe stands down the new nominee is going to walk straight into a rancid sh*tshow during election season. 

I wonder if American expats here realize that Trump is going to significantly weaken the dollar if he gets in again.

He has made it clear that he prefers a weak greenback.

Check the exchange rate from the Nov 2016 election timeframe and you'll see the dollar was buying over 35 baht. By the end of his term, the dollar was dipping below 30 and almost lost the 29 handle right around the January 6th insurrection.

Anybody care about their purchasing power? How's that pension going to work out for you when we are back down to 30 and below?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NJHOUSE said:

I wonder if American expats here realize that Trump is going to significantly weaken the dollar if he gets in again.

Check the exchange rate from the Nov 2016 election timeframe and you'll see the dollar was buying over 35 baht. By the end of his term, the dollar was dipping below 30 and almost lost the 29 handle right around the January 6th insurrectio

Anybody care about their purchasing power? How's that pension going to work out for you when we are back down to 30 and below?

You're absolutely right.

Musk and others are paying for this to pump up crypto.

But the maga fascists would jump off a cliff to obey dear leader now elevated to a deity for them 

3 hours ago, NJHOUSE said:

Check the exchange rate from the Nov 2016 election timeframe and you'll see the dollar was buying over 35 baht. By the end of his term, the dollar was dipping below 30 and almost lost the 29 handle right around the January 6th insurrection.

Anything of note happen in the last year of his Presidency? 

Hmm,  let me think. 

Reminds me of the old saying - there's three types of lies, lies, damned lies and statistics. 

Edited by theblether
  • Confused 1