Fined 1600 baht for not reporting TM30 (same address)

Below shows that it's the property owners responsibility to register farangs staying at their property. If the property owner cannot do it themselves then a signed proxy from the owner can be submitted by the farang.

The TM30 proxy form allows tenants or guests to register at the immigration office on behalf of the property owner, provided they have a signed proxy from the owner.

2 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I need entertainment..

If you want. In the past I was asked for money to transfer my stamps to my new passport. I refused to pay. And I didn't. You sound just like the person who would have paid.

Yeah, I'd pay. Specially if my Thai gf was w me.

I used to be like you, veins full of piss & vinegar, but it scared my gf so much I stopped.

Thais are scared of brown & green men/women.

One time I was invited to political meeting in Ban Phen. Hearing that my hotel owner asked me to move...

He said "It's never a good idea for farang to get into That politics". He was very scared. That opened my eyes.

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As has been stated MANY times in various threads.... always check with owner that a TM30 will be provided prior to renting. 

If they are legally obligated to do it many people won't bother asking.

26 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
Below shows that it's the property owners responsibility to register farangs staying at their property. If the property owner cannot do it themselves then a signed proxy from the owner can be submitted by the farang.

That’s not an official immigration website.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

That’s not an official immigration website.

Good enough for me. I don't see why a company would want to tell lies. They gain nothing.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Good enough for me. I don't see why a company would want to tell lies. They gain nothing.

Exactly. Not all Einstein's here.

Edited by JimTripper

12 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

If they are legally obligated to do it many people won't bother asking.

The topic of responsibility for TM30 has numerous threads.

Bottom line is that for dealing with immigration offices for things such as 30 day extension the io will hold the applicant responsible or simply sending you away without the extension. 

Just one thread here with the usual huff and puff.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320197-tm-30-question/

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it required? yes. Is it enforced? sometimes. You just never know! When I was extending my visa exempt at Lak Si IT-Square one of the guys sitting next to me got sent out because he didnt have it. In my case, I had it with me, but they never asked for it. Weird experience, but thats just how it is. Depends completely on the IO you get.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So many threads here on this one.

Some say you have to, others say you don't.

At the end of the day, it is down to the individual immigration officer and even whether he/she/it is going through menopause/period/hangover.

Why are people so against filling in a TM 30?

It only takes a few minutes to do it on-line.

Being pedantic and insisting that you are in the right does not help if they will not give you an extension or whatever.

We have a couple of foreign employees who are in and out of the country every month. Both on Non-B with BOI work permits.

They have been told by Immigration at Jomtien, that a TM-30 must be done every time they re-enter the country. 

Just to coroborate what has already been posted.

According to Immigration in Jomtien, the Thai person still has to deliver the online report in person, even if you are registering foreign guests online.

The whole system is farcical.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The topic of responsibility for TM30 has numerous threads.

Bottom line is that for dealing with immigration offices for things such as 30 day extension the io will hold the applicant responsible or simply sending you away without the extension. 

Just one thread here with the usual huff and puff.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320197-tm-30-question/

I was responding to another poster who wanted a reason why someone should not be fined. I gave a valid reason.

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I was responding to another poster who wanted a reason why someone should not be fined. I gave a valid reason.

From another thread cut/paste from @Liquorice 

"In a private residence, it's the responsibility of the House Master, owner or possessor to file a TM30.

The House Master, by definition, means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , ....

He is correct and as a result you as possessor can be held accountable 

• Agree 2

On 7/19/2024 at 11:37 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

Would this be another good reason to have a legit agent?

only if your a fecking moron with no intelligence at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Good enough for you, next time you are immigration show it to them if they are going to fine you even you  think you are correct, i can imagine what their reaction will be.

23 hours ago, Maestro said:

The tenant is the householder, ie the chief possessor of the dwelling in his capacity of tenant.

Source: Section 4 of the Immigration Act

Only applies if the householder leases to tenants/guests. As stated in the immigrations regs.  I think that is where the issue resides.  Some immigration interpret the householder (tenant) but fail to comprehend  the rest of the regulation.  I.e., A householder(tenant) rents a property with the intention of leasing the same property to another tenant is required to file the TM30 each time the property is leased.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Thread has moved way off topic with lots of wrong TM30 info related to tenants (eg. post directly above). OP never said he couldn't do a TM30, he incorrectly believed he didn't need to do a TM30 after coming back on Visa exempt.

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Thread has moved way off topic with lots of wrong TM30 info related to tenants (eg. post directly above). OP never said he couldn't do a TM30, he incorrectly believed he didn't need to do a TM30 after coming back on Visa exempt.

Please tell genius what is wrong with my post?

9 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Please tell genius what is wrong with my post?

Well you think only a tenant who then leases to another tenant can do a TM30 for the 2nd tenant. Absolute rubbish

As owner, I rent out a condo via an Estate agent. The lease has all my ID and Condo details required for a TM30 attached to the lease. So the tenant and I have 3 choices. 

(1) I do the TM30 for tenant

(2) Tenant does their own TM30

(3) Estate Agent does the TM30 for a 500 baht fee

We agreed to option (3) whereby I pay for the first TM30 and the tenant pays for any other TM30 needed during the lease (as I don't know his travel schedule)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Well you think only a tenant who then leases to another tenant can do a TM30 for the 2nd tenant. Absolute rubbish

Never stated that. If you are a householder (not the owner) and lease to another tenant immigration requires the householder to file.  If your a householder (not the owner) that doesn't lease to tenants no reason to file a TM30.   See how I politely explained without insulting your intelligence.

Below might help:

Who must report?

The requirement to report is the duty of the person in control of the premises where the non-immigrant foreigner is staying, not the foreigners themselves. Those reporting may be:
• the manager of a hotel, hostel or other similar premises;
• the owner, whether a natural or juristic person, of an apartment, condominium or house;
a person leasing premises used for habitation;
• the head of household as designated in a house registration book (tabien bahn) for occupants of their premises;
• a foreigner may be the person reporting, if that person is the owner of a condominium or of a house located on leased land.

Source: https://www.dejudomlaw.com/bangkok-post-article-tm30/

BTW - read you edit posted 25 minutes after your original post.  You are 100% correct as your example is in regards to the owner.  Read my original reply to another poster that upset you 🙂 It had nothing to do with the owner but everything to do with the householder (not the owner).  

Edited by atpeace
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2024 at 12:11 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Shakedown.

ive never done a tm30. It bit me one time when I got a new passport and needed to do something at the imm office. 

just another way to rob us. Never give in.

At the Nonthaburi office they won't give you an extension of stay without one. 

25 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

the next best option is the easy route chase the tenant up who needs a TM30 for whatever he requires it for.

Not even need to chase - they come to them with cash 🙂

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

From another thread cut/paste from @Liquorice 

"In a private residence, it's the responsibility of the House Master, owner or possessor to file a TM30.

The House Master, by definition, means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , ....

He is correct and as a result you as possessor can be held accountable 

This does not make sense to me unless the possessor is in possession of all the documents needed. It implies they are not really in possession of the residence, unless they are possessed (pun unintended).

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The does not make sense to me unless the possessor is in possession of all the documents needed. It implies they are not really in control of the residence.

Rental agreement should include all documents required for a TM30 (copies of owner Thai ID or foreigner passport + Condo/House Chanote)

Edited by Pattaya57

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

This does not make sense to me unless the possessor is in possession of all the documents needed.

My Thai partner owns apartments. 

She actually does the TM30 for the Tennants

Currently 2 are rented by farang.

She could just provide copy of Thai ID and blue book to Tennant.

In any event this thread is completely off topic from OP post.

Not clear from start however he eventually stated that he currently entered on visa exempt and wondered why he needed to make (provide)  a TM30.

Answer: Yes he does. 

20 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Rental agreement should include all documents required for a TM30 (copies of owner Thai ID or foreigner passport + Condo/House Chanote)

In a perfect world but you forget this is Thailand, nothing in the law to say that and even if it was it would be ignored.

On 7/19/2024 at 5:15 PM, teutonian said:

If there is an error or omission or fraud on the reporting form it would be criminal document fraud which I don’t want to engage in

Would also be criminal if you are not reporting the rental income to the tax office.   🙂

35 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

In a perfect world but you forget this is Thailand, nothing in the law to say that and even if it was it would be ignored.

Pretty simple then, don't sign a lease unless the TM30 required documents are included.

10 hours ago, moe666 said:

It is not up to the tenant tell that to immigration when your landlord doesn't do it.

With a rented dwelling, it is most practical for the householder to submit the TM.30 notification. It is he who knows when he arrives and whether a particular arrival requires the notification. It is also he who decides whom else he allows to stay with him at his place.