Biden's Family Considers Potential Exit Strategy from 2024 Campaign

CharlieH

image.png

President Joe Biden's family has initiated discussions on how he might end his re-election bid, according to sources close to the conversations.

The discussions emphasize that any decision to withdraw would be made on Biden’s terms and with a well-thought-out plan. The goal is to ensure the Democratic Party is well-positioned to defeat former President Donald Trump, while honoring Biden's five decades of public service.

Biden's family has considered the impact on his health, family, and national stability as key factors in these discussions.

As reported by mainstream media

2024-07-20

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Only staff can see this message

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

image.png

President Joe Biden's family has initiated discussions on how he might end his re-election bid, according to sources close to the conversations.

The discussions emphasize that any decision to withdraw would be made on Biden’s terms and with a well-thought-out plan. The goal is to ensure the Democratic Party is well-positioned to defeat former President Donald Trump, while honoring Biden's five decades of public service.

Biden's family has considered the impact on his health, family, and national stability as key factors in these discussions.

2024-07-20

news-logo-btm.jpg

Perhaps some of this topic text is now moot!

As reported MSM 30 minutes ago: 

'President Biden vowed on Friday to return to the campaign trail next week, maintaining his public defiance even as people close to the president said they believe he has begun to waver privately about whether to stay in the race against former President Donald J. Trump'.

Biden to Resume Campaigning as More Democrats Urge Him to Quit: Live Updates - The New York Times (archive.md)

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

One wonders if it's the finale to a long term initiative to get Harris into the W H. Biden didn't become doolally overnight.

I've long suspected the plan is to get him re elected and then stand down for Harris.

They can only keep pretending he's OK for a while before everyone sees he's not fit for purpose.

So they keep letting dribs and drabs of info out there.

Just as well Harris is so awful, or the plan might work.

• Confused 1

As reported by msm looking for ratings I will wait till president Biden lets us know,personally I’d like a Harris and that guy (a real republican)Adam kinzenger that ticket would be hard to beat the women would be good with it .the real republicans would be good with it especially thinking Adam would help keep the dems in check and it would inject some youth into the race 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

If I was a small retail shop or diner and Biden withdrew without endorsing Kamala, I'd be buying a lot of plywood for the windows.  There's gonna be a run on it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

image.png

2024-07-20

news-logo-btm.jpg

As reported on Al Jazeera this morning, Biden is not withdrawing, but is planning more campaigning.

• Haha 1

Biden has said he isn't going anywhere. They keep reporting this stuff as they hoped to make it true. The only evidence i have seen is that Kamala was recently on the campaign trail where the press caught up with her in an ice cream shop. She discussed a variety of flavors with some small children. Sound familiar?

i am not making this up either. lol sort of sad,

Edited by Cryingdick

26 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Biden has said he isn't going anywhere. They keep reporting this stuff as they hoped to make it true. The only evidence i have seen is that Kamala was recently on the campaign trail where the press caught up with her in an ice cream shop. She discussed a variety of flavors with some small children. Sound familiar?

i am not making this up either. lol sort of sad,

How sweet!  She appears to be competing with Leticia James and Al Bragg in who can obtain the biggest waistline and still button their pantsuit.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What's said is that you find this typical kind of political activity incompatible with being a politician. Did you expect her to discuss the finer points of tax policy with kids? And if she had ignored the kids or tried to discuss political issues with them, it's a safe bet that she would have been lambasted by certain parties for being obtuse and unfeeling.

What i am getting at is that it is what Joe was sort of known for. All he  ever did was take softball questions about ice cream. So now that you have called me sad I feel it sort of sad i have to spell it all out for you as if you were a 8 year old kid at an ice cream shop.

It's like Deja vu all over again.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

So now that you have called me sad I feel it sort of sad i have to spell it all out for you as if you were a 8 year old kid at an ice cream shop.

blue maga for you. 

31 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

What i am getting at is that it is what Joe was sort of known for. All he  ever did was take softball questions about ice cream. So now that you have called me sad I feel it sort of sad i have to spell it all out for you as if you were a 8 year old kid at an ice cream shop.

It's like Deja vu all over again.

All Joe Biden "ever did was take  softball questions about ice cream."

That's all he did. I found one case where he took questions about ice cream. 

https://nypost.com/2021/05/27/press-slammed-for-asking-biden-questions-about-his-ice-cream/

Trumping it up much?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They have to fake that he's not withdrawing until the last minute.

It would be weird if they didn't.

what's weird is you thinking this is a good idea. saying they have to continue lying. 

All democrats want to beat the maga fascists and the Project 2025

i see you updated your talking point. how nouveau. 

Edited by stoner
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

what's weird is you thinking this is a good idea. saying they have to continue lying. 

i see you updated your talking point. how nouveau. 

What's weird is that you don't understand the basics of politics.

If he didn't say he was still in it that would be exactly the same as announcing his withdrawal BEFORE the exact time he intends to formally withdraw with the new plan in place which is still being negotiated. So you want him to be an incompetent politician. That's nuts dude.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

U.S. President Joe Biden has reportedly notified Campaign Officials of his Decision to Withdraw from the ongoing Presidential Race, with an Official Announcement coming sometime before Sunday.

Say it's not so. We need Biden as the candidate to get Trump elected.

However, not all is lost- if it's Harris Trump is still likely to win. I can only hope for a Harris/ Clinton team to be sure of a Trump victory.

I'll take that bet.

It's a troll move to mention Clinton.

Zero percent of that -- or are you that misinformed that you think there is?

It will probably be a Harris ticket with a very attractive VP choice.

With that ticket there will be no longer be two dotards. Only the dotard Trump will remain. 

The Trump campaign has been running against Biden for years now.

They're being black swanned.

• Haha 1

Democrats at a democratic convention won't be picking a republican and other than being pro democracy and anti maga fascist Kinzinger is a conservative so he doesn't reflect democratic party values. They will be picking another moderate democrat (Harris is a moderate) such as Mark Kelly or Josh Shapiro. 

This conversation was reminiscent of this... Three Stooges Clipart: Free Downloadable Images

One wonders if it's the finale to a long term initiative to get Harris into the W H. Biden didn't become doolally overnight.

I've long suspected the plan is to get him re elected and then stand down for Harris.

They can only keep pretending he's OK for a while before everyone sees he's not fit for purpose.

So they keep letting dribs and drabs of info out there.

Just as well Harris is so awful, or the plan might work.

One wonders translates into only you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What's weird is that you don't understand the basics of politics.

If he didn't say he was still in it that would be exactly the same as announcing his withdrawal BEFORE the exact time he intends to formally withdraw with the new plan in place which is still being negotiated. So you want him to be an incompetent politician. That's nuts dude.

it appears you know less than i do. he IS incompetent. on clear display for the whole world to see. 

the dems are spent. you know my position on it all very well. what i think should happen. unless that happens best bet is to start planning for 2028 with AOC. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

U.S. President Joe Biden has reportedly notified Campaign Officials of his Decision to Withdraw from the ongoing Presidential Race, with an Official Announcement coming sometime before Sunday.

Say it's not so. We need Biden as the candidate to get Trump elected.

However, not all is lost- if it's Harris Trump is still likely to win. I can only hope for a Harris/ Clinton team to be sure of a Trump victory.

I'll take that bet.

It's a troll move to mention Clinton.

Zero percent of that -- or are you that misinformed that you think there is?

It will probably be a Harris ticket with a very attractive VP choice.

With that ticket there will be no longer be two dotards. Only the dotard Trump will remain. 

The Trump campaign has been running against Biden for years now.

They're being black swanned.

clearly you have shown you are super informed over the last year or so backing biden and his mental health. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden will withdrawal right after the Netanyahu visit.

They have to fake that he's not withdrawing until the last minute.

It would be weird if they didn't. 

It's not determined yet if he will endorse Harris or have an open process.

If it's going to be an open process there will be a plan to make it orderly.

All democrats want to beat the maga fascists and the Project 2025 to end real elections in the U.S. and have Russia style show elections instead with one party maga state (or Reich as they previously published) so people will be surprised at the level of party unity once this gets started.

This election is a binary choice between democracy and autocracy.

People that want a government like Hungary and Russia will choose Trump. 

That's hilarious.

You talk about 'they' deciding when the president will step down. Clearly you dont think or care if Biden is in control.

Democracy is officially over in the  US.

Oh for goodness sake you silly old fool, make a decision!

Time is not on your or your party's side. Burbling away and wasting it does not help. You have had a good run in politics, umpteen years in the Senate, 8 years as Vice President. A term as President; recognise reality, the USA faces a real existential threat to it's democracy, and you are not longer the man to beat it.

The election is now for the Democrats to lose, and my giddy aunt, don't they seem determined to do so!

I know that the UK Tory Party "way of doing things" is thoroughly discredited, but there is something to be said for "the men in grey suits" dropping in for a drink and spelling the facts out to a failing leader!

Edited by herfiehandbag