Found it at last....something that cures constipation for me!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I use Macrogol occasionally if I get constipated, it is very effective for me. Quite inexpensive, the equivalent of 250 baht for 30 sachets in Australia. No doubt there are local equivalents in Thailand.

Macrogol, also known as polyethylene glycol (PEG), is generally considered to be non-toxic.  It is widely used in a variety of products, including laxatives, cosmetics, and medications.

Macrogol is a commonly used laxative that works by drawing water into the intestines, which helps to soften stools and promote bowel movements .I t is considered to be a safe and effective treatment for constipation.

Of course, such compounds are anathema to the Big Pharma conspiracy theorists, who would excommunicate me with bell, book and candle.

What they don't know is without Big Pharma I would not be here. Accordingly, I disregard their daft, fact-free opinions.

IMG20240722194501.jpg

Thanks, and I'm pretty sure I have taken this or its equivalent in the past and interestingly enough it says: – "Macrogol, also known as polyethylene glycol, is used as a medication to treat constipation in children and adults. It is taken by mouth. Benefits usually occur within three days. Generally it is only recommended for up to two weeks". 

As I said previously nothing has worked in the past, and I doubt I would have waited three days to get a result. In addition I've tried all of the fibre products on the market, including making my own by grinding up linseeds and various other seeds, as well as trying oats, oat bran, psyllium and psyllium husks – – and the list goes on.

However if it works for you Lacessit, then more power to your elbow and for now I'm so glad that I found one that works for me and would appear to be perfectly safe.

And I echo your thoughts about the Big Pharma conspiracy theorists as so much of what they write and believe is absolute nonsense and I say this with having two medical folk in my family and three friends who are doctors.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I use Macrogol occasionally if I get constipated, it is very effective for me. Quite inexpensive, the equivalent of 250 baht for 30 sachets in Australia. No doubt there are local equivalents in Thailand.

Macrogol, also known as polyethylene glycol (PEG), is generally considered to be non-toxic.  It is widely used in a variety of products, including laxatives, cosmetics, and medications.

Macrogol is a commonly used laxative that works by drawing water into the intestines, which helps to soften stools and promote bowel movements .I t is considered to be a safe and effective treatment for constipation.

Of course, such compounds are anathema to the Big Pharma conspiracy theorists, who would excommunicate me with bell, book and candle.

What they don't know is without Big Pharma I would not be here. Accordingly, I disregard their daft, fact-free opinions.

IMG20240722194501.jpg

Macrogol is sold under the brand name Forlax.

Most pharmacies have it.

A box has 20 or 30 sachets, price is about 13 B/sachet.

Very effective  (high doses can even be used to clean the colon for a colonoscopy).

Works within 1 day. Depending on how constipated you are,  take 1, 2 or 3 sachets per day. The limitation to 2 weeks is very, very cautious.

If it's clinically relevant constipation (i.e. no stool or winds for 4 or 5 days,  bloated, painful abdomen, diminished bowel sounds), 6 or more sachets may help, (if there is no other reason for the constipation than a "slow digestion"  - if in doubt, see a doctor)

OP's stuff is more natural (which,  hopefully,  is a good thing)

Edited by Lorry
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lorry said:

Macrogol is sold under the brand name Forlax.

Most pharmacies have it.

A box has 20 or 30 sachets, price is about 13 B/sachet.

Very effective  (high doses can even be used to clean the colon for a colonoscopy).

Works within 1 day. Depending on how constipated you are,  take 1, 2 or 3 sachets per day. The limitation to 2 weeks is very, very cautious.

If it's clinically relevant constipation (i.e. no stool or winds for 4 or 5 days,  bloated, painful abdomen, diminished bowel sounds), 6 or more sachets may help, (if there is no other reason for the constipation than a "slow digestion"  - if in doubt, see a doctor)

OP's stuff is more natural (which,  hopefully,  is a good thing)

How does he know it's a good thing unless he knows what is in it?

IIRC there was some herbal remedy in Australia which poisoned half a dozen people because one of the ingredients, cordyceps, had gone bad somehow.

Foxglove is the source of digitalis, a heart medication. I very much doubt it would be wise to start ingesting dried foxglove powder, in preference to a pharmaceutical of known strength and quality.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That is why I wrote "hopefully" it's a good thing. 

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I and another poster listed the ingredients in it and I am happy to take it knowing what they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been taking MCT oil to stave off hunger in the mornings as I now don't have breakfast... Anyhow, just a little too much MCT oil loosens me up rapidly. It's coconut oil with the LCT removed, helps with reduction of calories and can be abused to inspire full and quick follow through! 

Just a heads up, for those eating oats for a higher fiber food, make sure you drink a lot of water with them.  As they suck up a lot of moisture (think oatmeal) while in the digestive system, and that moisture is needed to help things move along a bit smoother.  Without the water intake, you could be complicating things with oats in your diet.

4 hours ago, john donson said:

have you heard of  GINGER ?  no side effects

Yes and I eat it regularly (crystallized ginger). Thanks as you have just reminded me that I am almost out of it!

3 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

I've been taking MCT oil to stave off hunger in the mornings as I now don't have breakfast... Anyhow, just a little too much MCT oil loosens me up rapidly. It's coconut oil with the LCT removed, helps with reduction of calories and can be abused to inspire full and quick follow through! 

I have tried that, but it had no effect unfortunately. Also I wanted to keep an eye on my triglyceride levels so it was easy to wean myself off it.