What's your no 1 issue with the world?

White, upper class, "well" educated males who are so arrogant they believe they can ignore the rules, regulations and laws that make society tick along........and they have a totally misplaced sense of confidence/ability that what they think must always be right....based on the fact that if they are thinking it then it must right.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

White, upper class, "well" educated males who are so arrogant they believe they can ignore the rules, regulations and laws that make society tick along........and they have a totally misplaced sense of confidence/ability that what they think must always be right....based on the fact that if they are thinking it then it must right.

Yes, they exist. And how about "lower class"? And how about females?

There are lots of arrogant people who ignore the rules everywhere.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

My Number One issue with the world in Social-Media-Related Ghetto-Culture that has, and continues, to take over and warp our world.

If this issue can be properly addressed and rectified or ameliorated, then....

We might have a shot at survival past 2030.

If not...then...

NOT.

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Stupid people, who think they are smart.

Yes, happens at any age.

Problem is, cuz of Dunning-Kreuger effect you can never be sure it isn't you that is the stupid one.

But for me it isn't a problem with the world.

Can just say "You might be right" and "See you later".

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only is if is illegal to refer to someone as "fat", but it isn't.

Same same, not much different:

Giorgia Meloni: Journalist told to pay damages for mocking Italian PM's height (bbc.com)

Not the same, at all, as calling a fat person "fat".   Perhaps you didn't read the article fully. 

Mass tourism.

Something needs to be done.

China and India, combinded population of nearly 3 billion people who are now actively travelling (although most very cheaply) - you can't have a scenario where they can just inflict enviromental damage to some of the most beautiful places in the world. 

For sure, those citizens have a rite to go visit the world, but there also needs to be some form of boundaries so you don't face an ecological crisis, the actual destinations decimated and sanitized. 

Thailand once a beautiful place, full of culture is now just a face to tourism - predominatly Chinese tourists. 

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Too many economic asylum seekers hell bent on turning the world into one gigantic sh*thole.

I arrived here from the UK 3 months ago.

It is true that I am an economic asylum seeker. The cost of living crisis is crippling, Rents, food, energy.

I could have survived there, but I would have been cold, bored and miserable, I can live very well here. I came here for a better life.

It does not mean I want to turn it into a gigantic hole.
Do you?

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I arrived here from the UK 3 months ago.

It is true that I am an economic asylum seeker. The cost of living crisis is crippling, Rents, food, energy.

I could have survived there, but I would have been cold, bored and miserable, I can live very well here. I came here for a better life.

It does not mean I want to turn it into a gigantic hole.
Do you?

Is Thailand supporting you, feeding you, paying for your hotel accomodation and giving you spending money? Are you insisting Thailand change it's culture and laws to suit you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DonniePeverley said:

Mass tourism.

Thailand once a beautiful place, full of culture is now just a face to tourism - predominatly Chinese tourists

I live in Nimman, Chiang Mai, which is among the most Chinese-touristed places in Thailand. I like 'em. They are big fans of Lanna handicraft and food and create a lot of jobs. I was eating at what I call a $10 breakfast place today and it was 95% Chinese clientele. I talked to some of them and avocado toast is something they dream about on vacation. 

They may at one time have rampaged at a shrimp buffet, but mostly I see middle class couples who love Thailand and Thai culture as a cheap and close getaway the same way that Yanks love Mexico and Aussies love Bali. Maybe Chinese tourists who love Chiang Mai are diff from the Phuket/Pattaya ones.

Otherwise, I have no problem with the world as it is. I am grateful for every day.

I am def of the anyone but Trump persuasion, but if he gets back in, it's because women, the young, and black people have let me down (and hardly for the first time).

It's on them, I'll feel bad for them, but it won't affect my life, short or mid-term, at all.

I expect he'll crash the dollar and my pad thai will cost maybe 10% more, which I can afford even if it costs me double. I def feel a little bad for the semi-skint Trump lovers here who can't wait -and beg and pray every day- to get devaluation-reamed by him. Enjoy! 

I'm def medium-lefty, but I think the fear of a permanent authoritarian takeover by his incompetent thieves is paranoid. He will over-reach and a massive backlash will ensue.

The country always corrects itself. These days, that angst-ridden correction is someone else's headache, not mine.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, I know.

He'll prob crash the Aussie dollar too. Your meat on a stick dates dates will go up in price too.

Maybe you and your 1,500 girlfriends you claim to have had here can just share one.

I was reading an old thread where you claimed to have an IQ of 185.

Google says that's one in 137 million. What are you doing here with us all day, every day, Elon?

• Haha 1

Just now, Prubangboy said:

Another day of blanked out contrarianism from you, well matched with your dim-witted fantasies.

Come on man. My golf handicap is 6 no wait 8 :cheesy:

8 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I said he was too stupid to be Hitler.

It's that kind of arguing over nothing, pretending to be a sharp sceptic when you're basically a bobble headed doll here just remind people that you're here, that make you complete dead weight.

Can we hear more about your 185 IQ? Your 1,500 girlfriends?

You are getting desperate. 1500 gfs :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

You never said you had 1,500 GF's and an IQ of 185?

Are you running away again now like you always do when you are questioned, even lightly?

1500 gfs. Nice story. Plucked out of somewhere.

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Are you joking?? This is satire. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Mass tourism.

Something needs to be done.

China and India, combinded population of nearly 3 billion people who are now actively travelling (although most very cheaply) - you can't have a scenario where they can just inflict enviromental damage to some of the most beautiful places in the world. 

For sure, those citizens have a rite to go visit the world, but there also needs to be some form of boundaries so you don't face an ecological crisis, the actual destinations decimated and sanitized. 

Thailand once a beautiful place, full of culture is now just a face to tourism - predominatly Chinese tourists. 

Nothing wrong with tourists, at least they leave.

Illegal immigrants are the problem, especially Muslims and Africans.

• Sad 3

Attention whores on the Internet.
These days, the computer has become a central entertainment device in most homes. It's a shame such a powerful tool for information, communication, and entertainment has to get overrun with people whose personal self-worth is based on getting 'likes' from complete strangers. For some of these, it doesn't even have to be 'likes.' Any response, even negative ones, reinforces their self-worth.

Current events in the Middle East don't affect my life here in Thailand. Even the political nonsense going on in the US today will really have very little effect on the rest of my life (Hey, we've only got a few more years, right?)

What does affect my day-to-day life here is the Internet. It's a shame to see it getting clogged up with nonsense just because some people need to have others react to them, regardless if it's a positive or negative reaction... just so there is SOME reaction to them. It's graffiti. 'Hey, Mom! Look at meeee!'

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

Too many economic asylum seekers hell bent on turning the world into one gigantic sh*thole.

Too few (like 1.1%) of the world's population, hell-bent on getting richer, not helping their fellow man and turning the world into one gigantic sh*thole.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Agree 1