Kamala Harris Running Mate Update: Jim Clyburn Names Three Governors as Potential VP Picks

Social Media

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Do you actually know what an incel is? Your comment is ridiculous!

Thanks for the incisive comment. Whether an “incel” is actually getting any or not is beside the point; I’m referring to a core of stupidness wrapped in some false sense of male supremacy; think Josh Hawley (and his obsession with “manhood”), Brett Cavanaugh (blackout rapist), Tucker Carlson (testicle tanning?), and the like. I’ll admit that I’m generalizing, but there’s a clear trend. FYI, there’s plenty of help available, via group therapy and otherwise, for men who have issues with their masculinity.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I used to like Pete until the airlines took the tens of billions of dollars in Covid relief money and started jacking up airfares at unprecedented levels post-covid. I thought he really failed at standing up to the airlines and I kind of lost faith in him at this point.

I like all three of the pics that Clyburn points out, and I think it would be a real mistake for her to select another woman. We don't need a two woman ticket, one woman is enough. 

Does that go for men, too? Are two men one too many?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Many despise JD but in a way his life and my life are similar:

1. I was  dirt poor and grew up in CA

2. Met my father when I was 8 and he died when I was 16,   Never knew the man

3. Mother had multiiple husbands that I never knew

4. Had to make adult decisions on behalf of my siblings

5. Only option after I barely finishded high school was the Army Recuriter.

6. Army service gave me a chance for college and a better life

7. I have lived in Kentucky and JD is from the Bluegrass state.  I have seen similar towns where he grew up. 

I have read the book and saw the movie Hillbilly Elegy and I can relate to JD Vance. I do not agree with all of positions but I wiill vote for Trump because Vance is on the ticket.  He overcame a lot and acheived success in life. I can't relate to any other POTUS or VPOTUS candidate. 

Trump has chosen Vance because Vance will sign off on the whole of Project 2025 and do anything and everything Trump demands of him.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump has chosen Vance because Vance will sign off on the whole of Project 2025 and do anything and everything Trump demands of him.

How do you know that? Did Donald and Vance confirm thsi to you? 

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

That was quick!!!!

Donald Trump Losing to Kamala Harris in Three National Polls

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-leads-trump-three-national-polls-1928451

For now.  Let's see how the Trump vs Harris debate goes. Also, will Harris make a campaign stop in Ohio or even Kentucky?  The west coase and east coast are in the bag gor Harris and whoever her VP is but how does she play in "flyover" country?  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

File this as Done Deal 

https://thehill.com/homenews/4787327-kamala-harris-campaign-secures-enough-delegates-democratic-nomination/

Harris campaign secures enough delegates for Democratic nomination

Trump needing unity, not going to happen ever.

Funny how she amassed enough delegates to secure the nomination, when not a single vote was cast for her.

So who's the threat to democracy?

32 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

How do you know that? Did Donald and Vance confirm thsi to you? 

Yes, our leftie friends are very adept at mind reading.

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

Funny how she amassed enough delegates to secure the nomination, when not a single vote was cast for her.

So who's the threat to democracy?

The fastest primary in history!  

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

It's not so difficult, if you take the vote in the Obama mansion in an invitation only meeting.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Thanks for the incisive comment. Whether an “incel” is actually getting any or not is beside the point; I’m referring to a core of stupidness wrapped in some false sense of male supremacy; think Josh Hawley (and his obsession with “manhood”), Brett Cavanaugh (blackout rapist), Tucker Carlson (testicle tanning?), and the like. I’ll admit that I’m generalizing, but there’s a clear trend. FYI, there’s plenty of help available, via group therapy and otherwise, for men who have issues with their masculinity.

You need a media break with that comment. Glad I never heard of 2 of 3 of your examples. 

8 hours ago, Social Media said:

In a significant political development, Representative Jim Clyburn, a prominent figure credited with helping President Joe Biden secure his victory in 2020, has outlined three potential running mates for Vice President Kamala Harris.

Shouldn't we wait until Kamala is nominated before we start talking about a running mate?

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I mean seriously, if the US elect this idiot woman the first US woman president then it just shows the quality of American women ! Surely there must be more intelligent women in the states than this rambling fool. 

Amy Klobuchar has the qualities, but her Senate term ends this cycle, so it would be a very risky decision to run for president.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Social Media said:

With these three governors—Shapiro, Beshear, and Cooper—being identified as top contenders, Harris will have to make a strategic choice that not only complements her candidacy but also addresses the broader electoral challenges posed by a potential rematch against Donald Trump.

Don't care. I'm not voting for anybody as much as I'm voting against Trump. And I'm a single issue voter. Dollar devaluation. Trump's for it, so he's my enemy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What else would you expect from someone claiming to be from one of the most inbred areas in the US? Does he know who his father is?

image.thumb.png.7ab6ae24ef31faddca86c1b902243cc5.png

Edited by gargamon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

I tend to agree, but at the same time an all-woman ticket (with Whitmer) would generate a lot of excitement and headlines, and Whitmer would deliver Michigan and Wisconsin, allowing Harris to focus on the Black vote in Georgia and North Carolina. Plus, it would be a great foil to the J. D. Vance pick. The white boy incels who seem to make up the bulk of the Republican leadership these days would have a hard time responding, beyond the schoolboy name-calling that is really their only strategy.

Unfortunately there are too many closet racists with misogynistic tendencies in Amerika to make a Harris-Whitmer ticket viable.

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Vance’s 180 about face on Trump tells us all any of us need to know.

Some just don’t want to know it.

Others have also done the 180.  Never a Trump guy (even in 2016).  But some see it this way:  Better of Two Evils.  The same might be true in November.  Spent 20 years as a Police Officer in So Cal and never a fan of Harris even when she was the CA Attorney General.  It looked like she was always looking for the next office to run for.  But I could be wrong and maybe she will make a great President. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, placnx said:

Unfortunately there are too many closet racists with misogynistic tendencies in Amerika to make a Harris-Whitmer ticket viable.

Are you talking about some Democrats? 

2 hours ago, tgw said:

but did you ask yourself the question whether a person would make a good president just because you can relate ?

yes I did.  I could never relate to Kamala Harris Joe Biden or Donald Trump. At least Vance understands what it feels like to be poor and what one has to do get out of poverty. He did that andf so did I.  He did more at 39 then I did at 50.  He grew up with no connections and no one to bail him out when he could pay tuition. But he found a way to to to Ohio State and then Law School. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Several analysts remarked that it would be better for there to be a mini-primary to affirm Harris or select someone else as the nominee. This would keep voters from thinking that the grassroots is being ignored in the choice of Biden's replacement.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's obvious.

You made this about the one Jew in the running.

You didn't even look at the conflict positions on others such as Beshear.

You're not fooling anyone and neither are the pro Hamas protesters. 

Your rhetoric about how you hate pride is empty virtue signalling. 

This actually relates to a previous point I made about the "progressive" wing of the democratic party NEEDING to suck it up buttercup if there is to be any chance of beating the maga fascists.

If they can't or won't, it's already over.

Well Doug Emhoff, the now Second Gentlemen and potential First Gentleman was born Jewish.  So the Democratic Candidate for President has a Jewish Husband. This could mean something or it could mean nothing if Mr. Emhoff is no longer a practicing member of the Jewish faith. 

13 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Are you talking about some Democrats? 

The independents are where the most non-committed votes reside, but the racist part could also include some traditional Republicans who might cross over.

Edited by placnx

10 minutes ago, placnx said:

Several analysts remarked that it would be better for there to be a mini-primary to affirm Harris or select someone else as the nominee. This would keep voters from thinking that the grassroots is being ignored in the choice of Biden's replacement.

Which, in fact is what is happening. The overlords of the DNC are making the decisions and the grassroots can go fvck itself. They made their views clear when Kamala was so roundly rejected in 2020. They had a chance to see her in action and said "no".

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

yes I did.  I could never relate to Kamala Harris Joe Biden or Donald Trump. At least Vance understands what it feels like to be poor and what one has to do get out of poverty. He did that andf so did I.  He did more at 39 then I did at 50.  He grew up with no connections and no one to bail him out when he could pay tuition. But he found a way to to to Ohio State and then Law School. 

How many times have you listened to an interview with him defending Trump

Mini me choice.

Deplorable is a step up.

I do agree his rise frompoverty is amazing 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Which, in fact is what is happening. The overlords of the DNC are making the decisions and the grassroots can go fvck itself. They made their views clear when Kamala was so roundly rejected in 2020. They had a chance to see her in action and said "no".

On the upside it’s not the Heritage Foundation, the NRA or any of the Billionaires backing the Billionaire who says he’s looking out for the working class.

• Like 1