Record Visitor Numbers Boost Phuket’s Tourism Industry

webfact

I don't know where they are staying around Nai Harn and Rawai is really quiet, last night around 6 pm my wife went to Homepro in Chalong she made a video to show me how quiet it was even the outside market, 

At 7-30 am this morning along Rawai beach road and the Amazon coffee shop quiet, 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Leading the influx were tourists from Russia, with approximately 63,500 visitors

A "visitor" means someone who comes and then goes. Not sure how correct that term is here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leading the influx were tourists from Russia, with approximately 63,500 visitors, making them the largest group of international travelers.

Chinese tourists were the second-largest group, contributing around 46,700 visitors. Additionally, there was a significant presence of tourists from India

This story will bring out the Phuket haters and racists out like moths to a flame.

• Sad 1

Phuket experienced a remarkable increase in visitor arrivals in April 2024, according to figures released this week. Leading the influx were tourists from Russia, with approximately 63,500 visitors, making them the largest group of international travelers.

Chinese tourists were the second-largest group, contributing around 46,700 visitors. Additionally, there was a significant presence of tourists from India

quality tourists welcomed with open arms. the two top visitors are from countries who have dreams of conquering other nations. sounds like ww2 alliances and the thais in the middle. when a pediatric hospital was recently bombed in kiyv all the thai gvt expressed was shock while welcoming tourists from this country with a grandiose smile. i wonder what the thai gvt will express when xi invades taiwan  🤡

• Agree 1

This puff piece is about tourism in April.  Yes, it was a bit crowded in Phuket in April, but there were a lot of people here from Bangkok.  Now in July, it is a ghost town.  It is hard to find tourists in Rawai, Chalong and Wichit.  A vendor at Homepro Chalong told me that HP is turning down/off their air con because they aren't making any profit.   Central Festival is crowded, but vendors have told me that the tourists are just window shopping in the aircon and eating at the food courts.  I saw a few Chinese women at Villa Market yesterday and they were buying instant noodles and chips, local expats were buying much more food.  My neighbor's mother visited from Russia for a month, she stayed in the house and babysat the grandchildren.   These are the tourists I have been seeing in Phuket.   I suppose Patong is busy, as I hear about the Taxi and Tuk Tuk drivers getting in trouble.  I have never seen it this quiet during the off season except curing Covid.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket experienced a remarkable increase in visitor arrivals in April 2024, according to figures released this week. Leading the influx were tourists from Russia, with approximately 63,500 visitors, making them the largest group of international travelers.

Family coming to meet their brothers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

This puff piece is about tourism in April.  Yes, it was a bit crowded in Phuket in April, but there were a lot of people here from Bangkok.  Now in July, it is a ghost town.  It is hard to find tourists in Rawai, Chalong and Wichit.  A vendor at Homepro Chalong told me that HP is turning down/off their air con because they aren't making any profit.   Central Festival is crowded, but vendors have told me that the tourists are just window shopping in the aircon and eating at the food courts.  I saw a few Chinese women at Villa Market yesterday and they were buying instant noodles and chips, local expats were buying much more food.  My neighbor's mother visited from Russia for a month, she stayed in the house and babysat the grandchildren.   These are the tourists I have been seeing in Phuket.   I suppose Patong is busy, as I hear about the Taxi and Tuk Tuk drivers getting in trouble.  I have never seen it this quiet during the off season except curing Covid.  

According to booking.com Top 5 countries

11.21% of the demand is from Saudi Arabia

Isn’t it always busy in April for the Thai New Year? I guess with everything being so slow now they have to look at the past figures to show how well they are doing. 

• Agree 2