Hot-Tempered Neighbour Slaps Teenager For Unfriending Him On Facebook

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Posted a clip online of assault against her mother is enough to arrest and prosecute. I hear about this happening a lot, and not much is ever done until it escalates and someones dead. Disrespect for women here runs rampant and it's glorified on daily lakorns. It's a fathers job, if he's actually around,  to teach respect for women, but in a culture that looks at women as inferior, this point will never get across and this will go on and on.

With many of these cases..the police regard these as Civil cases..and therefore do nothing.

However....offer the cops a fee and it's very likely they'll act...but that depends on the size of the fee.

• Agree 2

You don't have to pay anything more than taking care of them after you're married. Extortion only works if you let it happen. It's still a choice we make if you fall in love. And it's still a choice if you want to stay with anyone who's manipulating you. No woman alive is worth anything unless they are a faithful, loving, caring, and trustworthy partner. The rest just give the others a bad name.

Thai teen attacked by neighbour after unfriending on Facebook
by Sarishti Arora

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Pixabay from pexels.com

A 14 year old girl was attacked by a neighbour at her home after unfriending them on Facebook. The incident has raised concerns about the safety and well-being of the minors involved.

The attack occurred after the girl’s aunt requested help from activist Kan Chom Phalang. The neighbour, angered by the girl unfriending them on Facebook, stormed into the house and assaulted her.

This neighbour had previously sent threatening messages to the girl’s sister through her and even attacked the sister twice for not helping sell kratom juice.

Kan Chom Phalang expressed his disbelief at the situation.

“This is absurd. The neighbour has no right to assault her for unfriending them on Facebook.”

On the latest development, Kan Chom Phalang accompanied the victim to meet with the superintendent of Bang Phli Police Station. The family reported the matter on July 18, and the police assured full cooperation in the case.

Physical assaults

However, the girl’s family revealed that they had faced threats and harassment from the neighbour before. The girl’s aunt explained that the neighbour had been aggressive towards her sister for not selling kratom juice, leading to physical assaults within the house.

The attack on the 14 year old girl happened while she was still in her school uniform. The neighbour, after committing the act, threatened the entire family and had a companion film the incident, later sharing the footage publicly.

Bang Phli Police Station superintendent confirmed that they are investigating the case and have identified the perpetrator. The police are also coordinating with professionals to ensure the safety and well-being of the girl during this process.

The girl’s father initially decided not to pursue the case further but her mother, who works in Chon Buri, insisted on seeking justice upon learning about the assault.

The police have considered the legal implications of the assault. The attack, which occurred at 7am, constitutes trespassing and physical assault. The severity of the assault charge depends on the medical assessment of the injury, which the girl has not undergone yet.

Police are relying on the video evidence to proceed with the case.

Drug-related offences

The police assured the family that they would protect the victim and have increased patrols in the area. They also noted that the perpetrator has no outstanding warrants but has a history of drug-related offences, the superintendent mentioned.

“We will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of the victim and bring the perpetrator to justice.”

The issue of kratom juice sales has also been highlighted. The police have been working to eliminate the sale of kratom juice in the area, which has affected students negatively.

The family of the victim hopes that the authorities will take strict action against the neighbour to prevent further incidents.

The girl’s mother is expected to provide additional statements to the police, which will help clarify the situation further. The police are determined to proceed with the case, ensuring that the legal process is followed thoroughly, reported Khaosod.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-24

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Not condoning the slap attack, but what was the age and sex of the perb that has previous drug offences ? Was it another teenage girl ? or an adult male ? No details in this story. .................:coffee1:

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Not condoning the slap attack, but what was the age and sex of the perb that has previous drug offences ? Was it another teenage girl ? or an adult male ? No details in this story. .................:coffee1:

Not sure where I read it, but the the person who slapped the lass as well as her sister on previous occasions is a 40 ish year old male neighbour.

Reporting details are flaky at the best of times.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

You don't have to pay anything more than taking care of them after you're married. Extortion only works if you let it happen. It's still a choice we make if you fall in love. And it's still a choice if you want to stay with anyone who's manipulating you. No woman alive is worth anything unless they are a faithful, loving, caring, and trustworthy partner. The rest just give the others a bad name.

I'm not saying anything about the practice just that it doesn't give the impression that this is a culture that doesn't value women, indeed the opposite. Contrast that with India where the family needs to the pay the man to marry the women. That tells me the women are burden that need to be gotten rid of.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Posted a clip online of assault against her mother is enough to arrest and prosecute. I hear about this happening a lot, and not much is ever done until it escalates and someones dead.

i was threatened with a long ratchet handle, had it on cctv and wife took video. called the police and when they came they took the thai guy to watch the video in the 7/11 but i was not allowed to see it. i said i wanted to press charges. on the way into the police station my wife heard the cops tell the thai guy to press charges against me.

does anyone here believe there is justice in thailand anymore?

• Sad 2

Just watch a couple days of local news and you see there is something wrong with these people.  Must be how they are wired because it doesn't take much to set them off.  Land of Smiles - hardly.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This neighbour had previously sent threatening messages to the girl’s sister through her and even attacked the sister twice for not helping sell kratom juice.

Time the police moved him on somewhere else.

• Agree 1

He looks like a full grown man, he smells like an adult, but it appears that he's only 13! He is stunted, he never grew up and never developed emotionally. I have a manchild living next door who does whatever he wants, says whatever he wants, and acts out whenever he wants. 

Okay I guess it's time to take things into my own hands, let me round up the neighbors and show him that his tactics have an expiration date. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

IMHO Facebook is a big part of the problem.

I have only 21 friends on Facebook and I know them.

OTOH Facebook does not appear to think that is enough and is telling me that another 200 or 300 people want to be my friend.

I used to delete them from wanting to ne my friend, but Facebook filled the space for those who want to be my friend quicker than I could delete them. I have no idea who they are or why they want to be my friend.

Nowadays I simply ignore the requests, but Facebook keeps filling the slots up again.