Thaksin Says He's Too Old to Run for PM Again at 75

40 minutes ago, jvs said:

So what is a good age to retire from politics?

I hope you did not suffer too much because of this age thing with President Joe Biden.

(can you read between the lines)?

A good age to retire is when you realise that someone can do the things you you want done better than you. 

"I hope you did not suffer too much because of this age thing with President Joe Biden. "

I appreciate your concern about my suffering. but the amount  of suffering remains to be determined  in November.

"(can you read between the lines)? "

Whether I can reed between the lines is dependent  on the writing and not my reading skills.   

3 hours ago, watchcat said:

Didn't he also declared some 10-15 years ago while he ws a fugitive that he should never come back to poliics, still he tried to hold  his puppet sister by the lines (in vaine though) perhaps wrong material?  And now he'll try with his daughter.

He hasn't come back to politics - he's a public figure and a person of interest to the media - who frequently make things up for sheeple like you.

As for him supporting his sister or his daughter in their chosen career path - are you saying you wouldn't support yours?

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

He hasn't come back to politics - he's a public figure and a person of interest to the media - who frequently make things up for sheeple like you.

As for him supporting his sister or his daughter in their chosen career path - are you saying you wouldn't support yours?

If I had his money, they wouldn't have to work, ever.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jippytum said:

After his spell in the dessert he prefers to have puppets like the current PM To do his bidding

desert-a dry arid area  

dessert- a sweet treat after a meal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am sure this thread will deteriorate into a food fight between those pro Thaksin and those against. Personally I don't know enough about Thai politics to have an opinion one way or another, 

But being from the Us and having gone through this age  issue with biden. I find it refreshing  to see a politician with a pragmatic view on the age issue,  .   

Really, there are pro Thaksin farangs?

Almost like saying there are pro feces consuming people around.

Back room  boss  for sure,I think he is still on monitor or parole once that is done the brown evenlopes continue he will be fine.He escaped  prison and now is free to roam alittle. Next in line the sister or the red bull man,I,am free very soon too

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am sure this thread will deteriorate into a food fight between those pro Thaksin and those against. Personally I don't know enough about Thai politics to have an opinion one way or another, 

But being from the Us and having gone through this age  issue with biden. I find it refreshing  to see a politician with a pragmatic view on the age issue,  .   

At least, he's said he's to old,but he's  certainly alert. If he did run he would not be as much as a puppet as sadly USA, presidents are. 

Political leaders in this world are psychopaths or narcissists, and every time one goes there is a que of maniacs waiting to get on the gravy train, controlled by corporations, arms manufacturers and banks. 

• Like 1

I would take him any day compared to Anutin. At least when worked and live here under his leadership he supported the foreigners and their investments. Sure he got caught out in the end and should be out of the political arena, but better still than the foreign hater Anutin. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Well done OP you've triggered the Mr T obsessives to regurgitate their unsourced drivel.

Enjoy your retirement Mr T. Sit back and remember the landslides that resulted in you becoming the democratically elected P.M. during the good years.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That doesn’t stop him being in the background barking out his orders to those in government they are his lapdogs they do as they are told . We have ready seen his antics since the day of his arrival back to Thailand 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jcmj said:

I would take him any day compared to Anutin. At least when worked and live here under his leadership he supported the foreigners and their investments. Sure he got caught out in the end and should be out of the political arena, but better still than the foreign hater Anutin. 

I kind of agree with this although what he did up country with his war on drugs.. that's pretty much crimes against humanity.

You had drug dealers calling the cops on one another and cops raining gunfire down on innocent families without any sort of due process. Thousands dead and yet look where the situation is now?

Thaksin is a pathological liar and devious on top of it. Don't believe a thing he says. He believes the country belongs to him. If he makes to 105, he will still want power.

• Thanks 1

The Chinese gangster is a convicted felon thus ineligible for political office. 

Of course, statements like these demonstrate he shows no remorse nor contrition for his actions, and sees himself well above the law. 

Such statements are divisive, and deliberately made to antagonize his old enemies and opponents . 

• Agree 1

He's just gonna do an 'Obama' run everything from behind the scenes although I have serious doubts the reds can cling on to power. They're doing such a horrible job Prayut's earlier years were better.

I see reds having lost it all to mfp. The only people clinging on are those that have some sort of direct vested interest. The only reason they're in power is because of (ill)legal wrangling

• Agree 1

On 7/27/2024 at 9:33 AM, Hunz Kittisak said:

I thought Yingluck was supposed to return to offer birthday wishes?

Never say never Khun Thaksin. Donald Trump is even older and he’ll be the next POTUS

In your dreams, he will lose again and he will be a wiser man for it.

• Confused 1

Taksin is no friend of farang despite the west sheltering and harboring the fugitive. UAE as well but...and own in the UK football club. We can't even own half a rai land. Seriously, screw this guy

• Agree 2