Cheap Charlie?

10 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

He then asked "do you get any meat with the that?".  The employee replied no.  I presume the employee thought he was talking about something like a steak?  The old dude then stared at the employee  and said "that's too much".   He then shook his head and walked out.  I thought to myself there was no need to behave like this. 

How is that rude? :cheesy:

Thais say pang mahk. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This was a mild case of a foreigner behaving rudely but I believe it will reflect on many of us foreingers in the eyes of Thai people

Huh? Only if farangs start yelling abuse or throwing punches. 

4 hours ago, brianburi said:

wow, you are fluid,  any more lingo tips we should know........

"Kee nok" is a good one for sniping posts like yours.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

If just makes some of us foreigners look like cheap charlies when many of us are not? If read what i said it would have been better just say no thank you and politely walk out. He did not do that.I guess you had to be there.  The guy was about 300 pounds with a beach ball gut.  Had this weird way of looking at people.  

One fat dude said the price was too high and you think 70m Thais will hate farangs because of it? I would like to know where you get these silly ideas from. 

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

and your point of this pointless topic is ?

Do topics need to have a point?

Just passing the time with a little conversation.

We are not sending our best people!

Boorish behavior more than Cheap Charlie.

The business made its offer clearly. Take it or leave it.

If you don't want it, shut your piehole.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

People can't talk now? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I use CA prices as a reference to see how much I save by staying in LOS for most of the year.  Therefore, a salad buffet for $5.55 at a Sizzler is a bargain. Also, I do not take it for granted that I can stay in LOS for as long as I want.  Year to year things change in many areas so I always have a backup plan to go back home. 

On that, CA ... just saw a YT short, chickie noting LA petrol, $7-$8 gal.   I thought nah, BS ... nope.  That's just silly, especially for a country with so much oil.  Along with record windfall profits.   I know CA is probably one of the most expensive (added taxes) but that really is a silly price.

Let's say $7.50 = ฿270 = ฿72 per liter

Also saw where they charge $.40-$.60 for kWh to charge at fast charger for EV.

Again, use $.50 = ฿18 and  2X+ what they charge here / TH.  ฿5.5-฿6.5-฿7.5-฿8.5/kWh

Add the solar & BEV are silly priced in the USA.

On topic ... CC really don't have much to cry about here.  Even ฿60 more for that buffet, as stated early, I could make a hell of a chicken salad sandwich, that would be ฿100-150 at an foreigner managed bar/restaurant.  And if grilled red/green peppers (not cheap) and fake crab salad is on the buffet, then not too bad at all.

Edited by KhunLA

16 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This was a mild case of a foreigner behaving rudely but I believe it will reflect on many of us foreingers in the eyes of Thai people.  At the time the majority of diners were Thai

Godly creatures that they are.

10 hours ago, brianburi said:

wow, you are fluid,  any more lingo tips we should know........

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

"Kee nok" is a good one for sniping posts like yours.

Should have pulled him up on his use of the word 'fluid' instead of 'fluent'......

• Sad 1

The problem should also be taken the other way round.

With all the locals openly cheating foreigners with absurd prices, people tend to get fed up with the Thainess.

Of course, on the other side, far to many falangs in Thailand are rude, mouthy, loud, arrogant and think they rule the world.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

On that, CA ... just saw a YT short, chickie noting LA petrol, $7-$8 gal.   I thought nah, BS ... nope.  That's just silly, especially for a country with so much oil.  Along with record windfall profits.   I know CA is probably one of the most expensive (added taxes) but that really is a silly price.

Let's say $7.50 = ฿270 = ฿72 per liter

Also saw where they charge $.40-$.60 for kWh to charge at fast charger for EV.

Again, use $.50 = ฿18 and  2X+ what they charge here / TH.  ฿5.5-฿6.5-฿7.5-฿8.5/kWh

Add the solar & BEV are silly priced in the USA.

On topic ... CC really don't have much to cry about here.  Even ฿60 more for that buffet, as stated early, I could make a hell of a chicken salad sandwich, that would be ฿100-150 at an foreigner managed bar/restaurant.  And if grilled red/green peppers (not cheap) and fake crab salad is on the buffet, then not too bad at all.

I heard that McDonald's in California is a $20 meal now (around 700 baht).

Edited by JimTripper

9 hours ago, Keeps said:

Should have pulled him up on his use of the word 'fluid' instead of 'fluent'......

I missed that. Perhaps I have had enough of being the syntax and spelling police for morons.

On 7/31/2024 at 8:22 AM, Lacessit said:

I missed that. Perhaps I have had enough of being the syntax and spelling police for morons.

On 7/30/2024 at 10:44 PM, Keeps said:

Clearly that went right over your heed.......

• Confused 1

On 7/31/2024 at 8:22 AM, Lacessit said:

Nothing wrong with my spelling,  'fluid' is spelled correctly.

As for your previous, snipers have their uses..... certainty more so than 'know it all'  Mr Thailand's parading their fluent Tinglish on this forum......

2 minutes ago, brianburi said:

Nothing wrong with my spelling,  'fluid' is spelled correctly.

As for your previous, snipers have their uses..... certainty more so than 'know it all'  Mr Thailand's parading their fluent Tinglish on this forum......

Yes, fluid is spelled correctly. "certainly" is not. Perhaps you don't understand what syntax is.

"the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language".

Calling me a know-it-all is ad hominem argument, and underlines your sniping credentials.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Yes, fluid is spelled correctly. "certainly" is not. Perhaps you don't understand what syntax is.

"the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language".

Calling me a know-it-all is ad hominem argument, and underlines your sniping credentials.

Nothing wrong with my credentials,  they were hard earned. 

Though my syntax can get a little wobbly after a Leo or two.

Certainly was a typo,  not uncommon here

Perhaps look at 'malapropisms' some time......

On 7/30/2024 at 8:40 PM, Jingthing said:

Are you saying that in a American accent?