Thailand anticipates record 2.2 million Russian tourists in 2024

2 hours ago, siddv said:

Vlad P  is not happy. He's having to pay $60K USD to sign up new recruits to fight his war. Its just a matter of time before we see Russian crimps combing the beaches in Thailand for Russian draft dodgers. Perhaps a reward system (bounty) implemented to Thai mafia for each draft dodger captured and sent to the front to fight for the Motherland!!

This is exactly what is happening to Ukrainians. Europe is now thinking how to get rid of herds of unemployed Ukrainian refugees and send them back to Ukraine for Zelensky's war.

Haven't you seen yet how Ukrainians are trying to resist Zelensky's kidnapping gangs and burning military vehicles all over the country?

Btw there is no war draft in Russia.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Because some drink and make noise all night while you are trying to sleep. Can't close a door without slamming it in the middle of the night. General low class leery behaviour. Sitting around in the common areas eating and drinking. Some can be well mannered but that is apparently unusual.

Had two staying beside me recently in Phuket, they would leave there boom box/music player outside on balcony playing loud music while they were inside, made it very hard to sleep.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

"Thailand anticipates record 2.2 million Russian tourists in 2024'

Are they still dodging the draft?:whistling:

No the war is going great!

😁

Thanks to my contribution!

Screenshot_20240729-180726_Gallery.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The only reason they are coming is to escape from the madman Putin as they don’t want to be part of his war only problem is a lot of them are criminals yet Thailand is allowing them

in 

39 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

These Russian tourists are not "draft dodgers". The Russians being drafted are marginalized Russians from poorer communities who don't have the financial capability to travel internationally on long vacations.

Calling Russians "draft dodgers" is the height of ignorance when you're hiding behind your keyboard. The latest figures I got from a Russian tourist a few days ago was 400,000 Russian soldiers dead since February 2022.  

Its a lot more than that Russians are fed a load of lies 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kwaussie said:

Had two staying beside me recently in Phuket, they would leave there boom box/music player outside on balcony playing loud music while they were inside, made it very hard to sleep.

That is very rude. I wouldn't tolerate such behavior - just let them know that after 8PM no loud music, no boom boxes allowed. Doesn't matter what they think - be polite and firm. It works almost on all 2-legged creatures (except very pissed brits who played and sung Sex Pistols tunes - got the pictures, right?). 

Next - get phone # of nearest police station and call them. It is public disturbance, typically it is a crime.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

That is very rude. I wouldn't tolerate such behavior - just let them know that after 8PM no loud music, no boom boxes allowed. Doesn't matter what they think - be polite and firm. It works almost on all 2-legged creatures (except very pissed brits who played and sung Sex Pistols tunes - got the pictures, right?). 

Next - get phone # of nearest police station and call them. It is public disturbance, typically it is a crime.

Why not, the worst that could happen is that they viciously assault you.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Why not, the worst that could happen is that they viciously assault you.

nope, if they found the way to make enough money to arrive and stay in Phuket that means they are smart enough to stay away from conflicts. They might think that is OK to act in such way, that it is NORM. So do them a favor and explain IT IS NOT.

I saw very small lady convincing a bunch of drunk Koreans to leave swimming pool area late evening. And you all know Koreans are the most vicious bastards in the World. They could turn into berserk mode instantly. Yet she was nice and very kind. 10-something minutes and they left.

• Agree 1

More drunk drivers, more paper bag drinkers, extorsions, small shoplifting & thefts and more condos sold…their benefits to small mama papa businesses is minimal....

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

No problem with Russian quality Tourists coming to Thailand 

And spending or investing their money in Phuket or Pattaya

Please not to many in Hua Hin  as I enjoy my holidays there nice and quite 😊 

scratch that off your list

the plague is in full swing   large , loud, and obnoxious

Rents in Phuket will continue to rise thanks to the DTV and the Russian sub-economy that exists here now. Can't blame them. I would do the same thanks to the current world <deleted> show.

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

Nothing wrong with Russian women coming over 😀, all for it, but leave vlad and his mates back home.

Hear hear, if 10% are eligible women, thats 220,000, and if 10% come to Siem Reap to see the Temples, and if 1% of them are ready to bump uglies, thats an influx I can deal with.

Russian girls from the hinterlands are the same economic class as Isaan farm girls

Just now, Polaky said:

Nothing wrong with Russian women coming over 😀, all for it, but leave vlad and his mates back home.

Yes, such smiling, friendly, warm women. Not at all arrogant or stuck up with a major attitude.