Anyone having a problem with Wise/Bangkok Bank?

For the last 5 years I have been sending money here during the first week of the month. Wise gives me the date it will deposit and it always arrives just after 2pm. Every time. 

Yesterday..Monday...2 pm...no money...I checked with Wise..no problem. The web site shows a normal transfer. Same as before. All details the same.

I downloaded the receipt and went to Bkk bank. No help there. Told to check again on Wednesdays as it takes 3 days for transfers...BS...never before.

It is just me...or???

1 hour ago, JohnOFphon said:

For the last 5 years I have been sending money here during the first week of the month. Wise gives me the date it will deposit and it always arrives just after 2pm. Every time. 

Yesterday..Monday...2 pm...no money...I checked with Wise..no problem. The web site shows a normal transfer. Same as before. All details the same.

I downloaded the receipt and went to Bkk bank. No help there. Told to check again on Wednesdays as it takes 3 days for transfers...BS...never before.

It is just me...or???

The 3 day answer, is just a preprogrammed answer that all support personal for banks give the customer. You were lucky they did not say 3-7 days. 😉 

Usually, you can call Wise support and get good help. They can tell you if the money is transferred to Bangkok Bank. If so, you call the bank again and tell them to put the money in your account. Works for me.

17 minutes ago, Tom100 said:

Me too. Transfers take much longer.

Their BS explanation is attached.

wise.JPG

I have received the same message for the last 3 months.  I have been tracking my last couple of transfers.  The money comes out of my US account within a day with a note saying that it is transferred to Wise.  Five days later I get an email from Wise that they have received my money.  On day 6 I get another email from Wise stating that they sent it to my Bangkok Bank account.  Finally on day 7 the money is in my Thai account.  Before it never took more than 24 hours.

Edited by statman78
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, freeworld said:

Maybe they are hanging onto your tranfer a little longer and trying to make up some of their foreign exchange losses due to the recent turmoil in the markets.

That was my first thought as Ouch! Just got my monthly Wire Transfer. By the way, I used Wise for years, in part because they gave a better exchange rate than the bank but an internal Wise change screwed things up with my US bank. Went to monthly Wire Transfer. BKK gives lower exchange rate, plus the 200 baht charge. My USA bank charges nothing so it has worked out the same, about $17.00 USD on $2200.00 transfer.

A month or so ago I had a similar experience.  Wise advised that I would receive money about 2pm  the next day (I use long stay in Thailand as reason so they will use Bangkok bank and not their other partner bank). The next morning I received the usual email the the transfer on its way (transfer was from my US account to Bangkok bank account).  Around  2 pm no deposit.  Next morning I contacted Bangkok Bank (no response) and Wise (they said to give it 3 days then contact them if it had not arrived).    I did arrive at 2pm - a day late - delay appears to have been with Bangkok Bank.

Edited by soisanuk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

It is just me...or???

Bangkok Bank a few days ago had transfer issues nothing was transferred or paid until 24 hours later after 2:00 p.m. I'm sure it's been transferred by now

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve successfully used WISE to transfer from my US bank to Bangkok Bank dozens of times in the past and have seen a small variance in deposit times, but never experienced an unresolved issue. I have since gone to wire transfers directly from US (Schwab) to BKK Bank as I find it easier to deal with just the two entities. I use fewer transactions in larger amounts with less cost in fees and fewer moving parts of which to keep track.

Checking Asean today someone did post they also having problem.

I did go to your reference and watch. The generic answer I get at times is my bank hasnt forward but in my case I have a family member and in checking on the average request made by wise is processed in 24 hours. 

Just a while back I made a transfered 5 days later I requested another from same account the request 5 days ago was taken out 4 days earlier Wise had confirmed receiving but submitting second transaction was knock back they hadnt received funds from first was contradiction of their own message so transaction went to pending. The video stated having problems with Thai banks but no explanation of why and certain no answer as to why Banks is processing after 2 pm.

Wise has a limit if you are below that amount no waiting within second but if even a hundred dollor high not there is a wait of a day or more and now Thai bank hold your money to process but they wont or cant lower amount. What is the real answer just stirring the pot a bit

Yes...unacceptably SLOW nowadays. 

Your money's taking a little longer to get to us. When you set up your transfer, we estimated that your money would get to us today. But this time, it’s taking a little longer to arrive.

After 6 years using TransferWise/Wise...since the beginning of this year, ACH transfers which formerly took a day or 2, now take a full week. They do tell me that my money is taking longer than usual to get to them, which is BS because while they're telling that lie...the money has already been withdrawn from my US bank. 

It ultimately arrives in my Bangkok Bank acct 6 or 7 days later and at the rate I bought in at, so all's well which ends well...as I'm never in any need or rush for the funds...but it's ridiculous. At least they are charging more for much slower service🤣

• Agree 1

Same as soisanuk...deposit came just after 2pm yesterday...day late...I too think the issue was with Bkk bank...but...never mind...day late once every 5 years...oh well...😆

• Like 2

On 8/6/2024 at 9:18 AM, Moonlover said:

Perhaps the O/P and others who have noticed a slow down in payouts should visit and read Wise's Q2 blog which does explain why this has been happening. 

https://wise.com/gb/blog/q2-2024-mission-update-speed

Clearly the USD complainers on this thread have overlooked the relevant explanatory statement contained in this Mission Update. So please indulge me while I spell it out in full for their benefit:

Fewer transfers from USD were instant this quarter because we've updated our security measures to avoid speeding up transfers which could be fraudulent. However, this has caught more transfers, which reduced the total number being processed instantly.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

My simple $US250 to Baht transfer has been delayed many days and today they said my transfer rate is not guaranteed ...because of their delays. 

I have done monthly transfers for many years and 2024 transfers are the slowest. 5 days to transfer $250 is pathetic.

wise2.JPG.e6816b030ff869c60d25dbf29d87473f.JPG

On 8/6/2024 at 3:38 PM, fulhamster said:

I use Wise to send funds to BKK bank.

If I transfer on day 1, it will take until day 4 for the transfer to show in my account -- although it will be dated as of day 2.

Transfer day 1, arrived day 2 at 14.05pm, as usual.

A few months ago I found my transfer was taking much longer, but I was getting messages from Wise about my bank account. I didn't understand them. Finally, I deleted my U.S. bank account and then registered it anew. This brought up a screen about a new transfer service Wise had started using, which needed direct access to the account. Haven't had a problem since then. I have, since then, had to send Wise a copy of the ID page of my passport, no big deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/6/2024 at 7:55 AM, JohnOFphon said:

It is just me...or???

No. Same to me. Money said to be paid out/sent yesterday but not on the account until sometime today.

They gave a very general "might take 1 to 2 working days..." note yesterday.

Not a big problem for me yet but I hate surprises with anything money.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Agree 1

Similar issue with my normal UK bank to Wise to BBk transfer as noted by other posters.

Sent my usual 65k on Monday prior to 9am Thai time and advised to  expect receipt at 14.13 same day (including email confirmation). With usual caveat of 'may take up to 2 working days....' whereas advised day of receipt has always been the actual date of receipt for a number of years with similar transfers (retirement purposes).

Not received on the Monday but did land on Tuesday at around 14.00. Delay of no concern to me but does suggest a change in BBk account credit actions, temporary or otherwise.