The Tim Walz thread.

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The left have gone made. They want high unemployment, high inflation, open borders, weird woke stuff and cowards who run away from press conferences and service.

An Australian criticizing America.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The left have gone made. They want high unemployment, high inflation, open borders, weird woke stuff and cowards who run away from press conferences and service.

Regurgitating the same lie over and over makes you a liar weird. 30 pages and you have added nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

At least he actually went to Iraq with his unit- unlike Walz. You may not remember, but Iraq was very much an insurgency type conflict -there WERE no cushy behind-the-lines jobs. 

I have to credit JD Vance for going to Iraq.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

2019 inflation lower

2019 unemployment lower

More secure border

Less wars

No weird woke stuff

Facts

Walz had nothing to do with it, Forget which thead you are in? 31 pages and counting

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

This sleazy Swift boating attempt obviously has no basis in facts.

The only question I have is how the Harris-Walz ticket should respond, if at all.

Responding to such garbage translates to taking the garbage seriously.

Also Walz is not at the top of the ticket and Harris is not a dotard like Trump (who appears like he may not make it through a term). I'm having a hard time imagining anyone changing their vote from Harris to Trump based on this smear.

Worst 2 ever. Democrats should replace them. No good qualities just baggage.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This will not go down well with veterans who deployed to any combat zone. One can be a Democrat, Republican or Independent but in a foxhole (literal or not) we were all soldiers, Marines, sailors or airmen. There was always trust that my life depends on you and your life depends on me so will rely upon each to survive and accomplish the mission. One never lies or embellishes about his or her service in a combat zone.  We had a term for those who evade combat deployments without a legitimate reason.  That term is chicken hawk.  A chicken hawk is boastufl and brave until the bullets start flying.  Yes, Donald (shin splints) Trump probably fits the definition. Gov Walz needs to look into the camera and explain exactly when he submitted his Army National Guard retirement application. If his application was submitted before the Minnesota Army National Guard received a warning order for a possible Iraq deploment then issue over. Otherwise he has some explaining to do.  None of this would matter except for one line he said that was released by the Harris-Walz campaign:   "Just like the weapons I carried in a war zone".   At one time he was actually deployed overseas.  It was Italy.  I do not believe Italy has  been a war zone for over 80 years. 

Issue over. Walz submitted his retirement paperwork in 2004.

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump dodged the draft during Vietnam.

Perhaps that news never reached Australia.

Trump like many others had a physical deferment granted to him... I didn't... so what?  I and my brothers who served in Vietnam were better off not having physical deferrals with us for whatever the reason.   Who is to question one man's physical well being... certainly not you... did you serve?  If so you would understand this.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JustMyOpinion said:

Fact check... what source are you using for this... it is NOT TRUE

Walz retired in May 2005.

How long do *you* think the retirement paperwork takes in DoD? Five minutes?

Five days?

*You* can tell us when Walz submitted his retirement papers, using a legit source.

If you can't, the story is over.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JustMyOpinion said:

Trump like many others had a physical deferment granted to him... I didn't... so what?  I and my brothers who served in Vietnam were better off not having physical deferrals with us for whatever the reason.   Who is to question one man's physical well being... certainly not you... did you serve?  If so you would understand this.  

Trump's physical deferment was bogus. He got a family friend to sign off on bone spurs.

Trump let someone else go to Vietnam in his place.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JustMyOpinion said:

Trump did. It was based on corruption. He didn't actually have bone spurs. Nobody is questioning health based deferments per se if they are valid. Trump's was not. On top of that I personally supported Vietnam draft dodgers. I thank Canada for taking in so many. But being a president who was a draft dodger and acting like he wasn't and acting like he had a real health reason for deferment is yet another indication of his garbage low character.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Vance went to a war zone

Walz ran away like a coward

Walz had tampon machines placed in boys toilets

Facts

Not a fact. Pure laziness and supposition on your part. He did over 20 years and decided to leave. There could be all sorts of reasons people leave the army after 20 years. I love these keyboard warriors throwing around terms like stolen valour - outrageous. 

The tampon thing was overall positive in that it gave women access to tampons - whether he had a role in placing them in men's toilets or if it was some politically correct thing done by a government department who knows but hardly a big deal of the bigger picture of benefits for the women of having easy access to a health product.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

17 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

As did Biden  . And Clinton. And Cheney.

I will not vote for any of those people in this election.

How about you?

Are you still confused about Tim Walz retiring from the military long before his unit's deployment?

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:
12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Tell me about Donald Trump's military record compared with Tim Walz.

He was the Commander and Chief for four years

ouch. 

isn't it commander in chief though ? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I will not vote for any of those people in this election.

How about you?

Are you still confused about Tim Walz retiring from the military long before his unit's deployment?

If you have the timeline of Walz' retirement processing, I would love to see it. Even better to compare it to the timing of his unit being both officially and unofficially tasked to go overseas. Not sure about the US, but in Canada it is very rare to retire at the 24 year mark. 25 is much more common as benefits kick in at that point. But I am not sure, as I said.

Aside from that, there is no question that Walz lied about his service on multiple occasions, and let others lie about it without correcting them. He wants to gain some cred for having served in combat and use that as a political advantage. He never served in combat, never carried a weapon in a combat zone, never served in Iraq or Afghanistan. Yet claims to all of those have been made. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1