Da Nang Hotels

Wanted to take a weeks brake  (with partner)  so after much faltering/wavering and general don't know ---decided on Da Nang----- anyone recommend a hotel--about a 3-4 star.

Done Vietnam a few times --but never  Da Nang. -- Thanks for any help.....:w00t:

Mods could not find a travel section ---so move this if you wish.

7 hours ago, FriscoKid said:

Agoda never fails. Tons of reviews there too. Best booking prices available for Asia I’ve found. 

Yes I agree Friscokid---I use them a lot-- but its nice to have a recommendation from someone that has stayed somewhere---

In Pattaya I found  (from asking) beach front swim-pool gym rooftop restaurant ---1,000 baht a night any time of year.

Just by asking here.

But thanks for the post

I always get somewhere near the beach (under 200m).

The beach at Da Nang is amazing, sand is clean, sea is clear.

Worth a walk or two along and at least one swim every day.

IMG_20190704_122208.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

Posted (edited)

Thanks mate----So which one did you stay at last time ---or best one IYO......

Great Picture...............

Edited by oxo1947

I've stayed at The Sail, Flower Boutique Hotel, Salmalia Boutique Hotel & Spa & finally Nesta.

The Sail is an ok 2-3* hotel 200m from the beach, overpriced for what it is. Breakfast is appalling, eat out.

Flower Boutique Hotel is 100m from the Sail, I stayed one night to check it out for friends, unbelievably cheap at about 300 baht/night, the best room is the one on the top floor which opens onto the pool.  Rooms are OK, staff are a bit anal, they are used to their customers being cheap charlies and treat everyone accordingly. No breakfast here.

Salmalia Boutique Hotel is excellent, again breakfast not recommended.

Nesta Hotel is right on the Seafront, big Highland (Starbucks type) Coffee shop on the front.  Best rooms are garden access rooms where the pool is.

However, having stayed in Da Nang a lot, I would go to Hoi An instead, 30 minutes more in the taxi, specifically An Bang (everywhere else is horrible) and stay at Shala Boutique Hotel 2-3* at about 900 THB/night, nice pool, nice rooms, no bar, don't take breakfast there.

Or the Watermark Beachside Hotel, about 2,500 THB/night, breakfast is excellent and they serve cocktails in the pool, only about 9 rooms, or The Shoreline Stay opposite, the hotels are practically identical.  All these hotels are on a sandy lane 3m wide down to the beach not suitable for cars.  Great dining & bar options in An Bang.

37 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Thanks mate----So which one did you stay at last time ---or best one IYO......

Great Picture...............

Can't remember, I just choose from Airbnb, by area (close to beach) that I like.

Here's one I'd be happy with.....

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/733893444591231016?adults=2&location=Da Nang%2C Vietnam&search_mode=regular_search&check_in=2024-08-28&check_out=2024-08-31&source_impression_id=p3_1723425871_P3SwIEOMSbIy75RP&previous_page_section_name=1001

Edited by BritManToo

Posted (edited)

.I've stayed at The Sail, Flower Boutique Hotel, Salmalia Boutique Hotel & Spa & finally Nesta.....JB

Thanks for the feed back JB...I had thought about Hoi An however (taking the wife) she will want to do markets big time---so I thought Da Nang as first choice.

Thanks again for the info..............

..:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can't remember, I just choose from Airbnb, by area (close to beach).

Here's one I'd be happy with..

Thanks again Britman---will look at Ai rB&B ,actually  I have never done one......

There are books from Lonely Planet on all countries. Vietnam is on the bucket list next year, and I have the book. It shows many things you can doo all over a country, including hotels, food and sights.

• Sad 1

oxo ....  if you don't get any recommendations just scan through Agoda ... get something near the beach and not too far from the town center.  Hundreds to choose from ...

Some thai friends stayed in one hotel not far from the beach and they said the hotel was great ...   I'll get the name and post it shortly ...

Edited by steven100
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

.I've stayed at The Sail, Flower Boutique Hotel, Salmalia Boutique Hotel & Spa & finally Nesta.....JB

Thanks for the feed back JB...I had thought about Hoi An however (taking the wife) she will want to do markets big time---so I thought Da Nang as first choice.

Thanks again for the info..............

..:coffee1:

You wife will enjoy the shopping in Hoi An old town, especially in the evening with all the lanterns.  Aim to get there about 5pm.  Well worth a day trip from Da Nang.

If you want a special meal, book a table at Morning Glory Signature, ask for a table upstairs on the balcony.

There are a couple of markets in Da Nang, they are full of knock-off adidas, nike etc.  Not a nice experience, I don't recommend browsing there, watch out for the rats.  It is however the best place for her to have a dress made to order.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Some thai friends stayed in one hotel not far from the beach and they said the hotel was great ...   I'll get the name and post it shortly ..

Thanks Steven.................:clap2:

35 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You wife will enjoy the shopping in Hoi An old town, especially in the evening with all the lanterns.  Aim to get there about 5pm.  Well worth a day trip from Da Nang.

I thought Hoi An was the worst example of a tourist trap I've ever seen, all coffee shops and souvenir shops, with shoulder to shoulder Chinese tourists. I only managed 90 minutes before I caught the bus out.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought Hoi An was the worst example of a tourist trap I've ever seen, all coffee shops and souvenir shops, with shoulder to shoulder Chinese tourists. I only managed 90 minutes before I caught the bus out.

That's a shame, I loved it, lots of great restaurants & souvenirs.  For sure it is a tourist trap, but enjoyable.