Is Vance a major liability?

Lacessit

50 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Oh, I thought you have me on ignore...typical leftist, the truth means nothing. 

I peek occasionally. You really hate it when I return serve, because leftist as an insult has as much flair as a collapsed souffle.

Try to think of something witty and original. I can wait a few years.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Hence, why you were easily brainwashed into being a Trump & Putin fanboy........:wacko:

the opposite, you watched same 4 UK tv channels and read same UK newspapers all you life, so only get what youre told

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

the opposite, you watched same 4 UK tv channels and read same UK newspapers all you life, so only get what youre told

More guesswork, is that what these commie sites teach you.....?

Why don't you go by facts, your hero Putin's friends........

Trump

China

N.Korea

Iran

Belarus

Syria

Now even a dim-whit can see the connection.........:crazy:,,,,,,,,,,,,,🤣

:offtopic2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, transam said:

More guesswork, is that what these commie sites teach you.....?

Why don't you go by facts, your hero Putin's friends........

Trump

China

N.Korea

Iran

Belarus

Syria

Now even a dim-whit can see the connection.........:crazy:,,,,,,,,,,,,,🤣

:offtopic2:

you are British, you are in your 70's, i am guessing you haven't been here more than 10 years, so that means a good 35+years watching the same 4 tv channels and reading the same daily UK newspapers, no doubt you watch bbc world here and unless you have any special  tv box you are limited to the bbc and a few US msm channels.

dont know much about Kim, do you? does anyone, 
dont know much about Xi, do you...... where does your info come from

did you listen to Trumps interview with Musk? i doubt it, i also doubt  will get any coverage because the msm cant edit it to suit their narrative, it was a live event and directly on X.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There are quite a few examples of men with a wife and kids becoming gay. Likewise, women in a marriage becoming lesbians.

Extract from Quora, name withheld:

I'm a 62 year old gay man but I didn't come out until I was 52. I was married to a wonderful woman whom I still very much care about and we had four children. Two were born to us and two we adopted. We both came from a very conservative Christian tradition, Churches of Christ.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's a slippery slope for Vance if he then gets stuck into the LGBT community, and something in his past comes to light.

It can and does happen of course, it is a spectrum, people swing both ways or discover later they're gay. But what interests me is how Thiel's mentorship of Vance came about, if Vance comes out in a few years that he's gay that's not my concern.

Vance clearly is hardline pro-family, I'm not sure he's anti LGBT, he' just pro family. Sometimes being pro-family can come across as anti LGBT.

Edited by Cameroni

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

It can and does happen of course, it is a spectrum, people swing both ways or discover later they're gay. But what interests me is how Thiel's mentorship of Vance came about, if Vance comes out in a few years that he's gay that's not my concern.

Vance clearly is hardline pro-family, I'm not sure he's anti LGBT, he' just pro family. Sometimes being pro-family can come across as anti LGBT.

Walz can hardly be described as anti-family, with two children. Plus free school lunches, and financial support for disadvantaged children.

The difference is, he could not possibly make the gaffe about childless cat ladies, he's nothing if not inclusive.

If Vance is not anti- LGBT, he sailed awfully close to the wind with the comment.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Walz can hardly be described as anti-family, with two children. Plus free school lunches, and financial support for disadvantaged children.

The difference is, he could not possibly make the gaffe about childless cat ladies, he's nothing if not inclusive.

If Vance is not anti- LGBT, he sailed awfully close to the wind with the comment.

Just because you have children does not make one "pro family". Whilst Walz has a good record generally on that he did not act very decisively to implement safety in the 2020 riots and law and order is also a topic families value highly.

What Vance said was not a "gaffe". He was right, a lot of the Democrat leadership, Kamala Harris, Buttigieg and others, do not have children. I do not see how them making laws that affect families will be attracive to voters who, well, do have families.

One other thing I don' like about Walz is that he is another apologist for Israel. Though I am aware that Trump is a nightmare in this regard.

Edited by Cameroni

59 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

you are British, you are in your 70's, i am guessing you haven't been here more than 10 years, so that means a good 35+years watching the same 4 tv channels and reading the same daily UK newspapers, no doubt you watch bbc world here and unless you have any special  tv box you are limited to the bbc and a few US msm channels.

dont know much about Kim, do you? does anyone, 
dont know much about Xi, do you...... where does your info come from

did you listen to Trumps interview with Musk? i doubt it, i also doubt  will get any coverage because the msm cant edit it to suit their narrative, it was a live event and directly on X.

More, more and even more guesswork that is wrong, it's no wonder you are a Putinite........🙄

You stick to your commie agenda, you are happy there, strange you don't live in a commie country, eh...........🤭

27 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Just because you have children does not make one "pro family". Whilst Walz has a good record generally on that he did not act very decisively to implement safety in the 2020 riots and law and order is also a topic families value highly.

What Vance said was not a "gaffe". He was right, a lot of the Democrat leadership, Kamala Harris, Buttigieg and others, do not have children. I do not see how them making laws that affect families will be attracive to voters who, well, do have families.

One other thing I don' like about Walz is that he is another apologist for Israel. Though I am aware that Trump is a nightmare in this regard.

Put me down as someone who thinks Israel has a right to exist. It's difficult to make peace with someone who proclaims they want you all dead and gone.

I guess my attitude is colored by achievement. 44 million Jews have produced over 200 Nobel Prize winners, in what I call the hard sciences. In contrast, 1.4 billion Muslims have produced just two.

Given the Arab world used to be the centre of the world in terms of learning, something went badly askew.

Sorry, off topic.

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Put me down as someone who thinks Israel has a right to exist. It's difficult to make peace with someone who proclaims they want you all dead and gone.

I guess my attitude is colored by achievement. 44 million Jews have produced over 200 Nobel Prize winners, in what I call the hard sciences. In contrast, 1.4 billion Muslims have produced just two.

Given the Arab world used to be the centre of the world in terms of learning, something went badly askew.

Sorry, off topic.

No worries, I just don't see it as an achievement to kill 15000 children. That weighs a bit more heavy for me than a few nobel prizes, which say more about the German and American education systems than anything else.

But as you say, off topic.

56 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Walz provided free lunches for kids in school. You can't get more family friendly than that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Walz provided free lunches for kids in school. You can't get more family friendly than that.

That was a good thing to do. He should get credit for that.

9 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No worries, I just don't see it as an achievement to kill 15000 children. That weighs a bit more heavy for me than a few nobel prizes, which say more about the German and American education systems than anything else.

But as you say, off topic.

I don't see taking 1400 hostages as an achievement either, which started the whole bloody mess.

Over 200 is not a few.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't see taking 1400 hostages as an achievement either, which started the whole bloody mess.

Over 200 is not a few.

Few people would defend the hostage taking, but whilst I would love to discuss how this mess started way before then, when Israelis flooded into Palestine in the 1940s and 1950s, this is may not be the place to do that. I don't want to disrupt your thread.

214 of 965 or so is around 20%, so 80% of  Nobel prizes went to non-jews. But I can assure you that religion had little to do with it, and the excellence of the German, American and British education systems had everything to do with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Few people would defend the hostage taking, but whilst I would love to discuss how this mess started way before then, when Israelis flooded into Palestine in the 1940s and 1950s, this is may not be the place to do that. I don't want to disrupt your thread.

214 of 965 or so is around 20%, so 80% of  Nobel prizes went to non-jews. But I can assure you that religion had little to do with it, and the excellence of the German, American and British education systems had everything to do with it.

You may be right about the excellence of the various education systems. That does not explain how you get 20% of Nobel Prizes coming out of a population of 44 million people worldwide. To me, it says Jews are pretty smart people. IMO we should value smart over dumb.

IIRC, the state of Israel was established in 1948 by United Nations mandate. The Arab nations all swore to destroy it. It has taken a good shellacking by the Israeli army to change the minds of some of them.

Certainly, 15000 children is tragic. When you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind.

Back on topic, can you tell me what Vance's stance on Gaza is, or is he just echoing Trump?

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Free lunches while the public schools in Minnesota drop from 7th in the country to 18th in county. Stolen valor Walz defiantly has his priorities in order.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Free lunches while the public schools in Minnesota drop from 7th in the country to 18th in county. Stolen valor Walz defiantly has his priorities in order.

Sad that you don't........🙄

Still harping on about something that has got you, Vance or Trump, nowhere...........:clap2:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Workers allege ‘nightmare’ conditions at Kentucky startup JD Vance helped fund

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-jd-vance/index.html

That's hilarious. 

I imagine the guys stolen valor Walz abandoned when he was supposed to go to Iraq had it a bit tougher than the crybabies CNN dug up to attack Vance, some of them did not come home. 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. 

I imagine the guys stolen valor Walz abandoned when he was supposed to go to Iraq had it a bit tougher than the crybabies CNN dug up to attack Vance, some of them did not come home. 

Oh dear, dramatise or what......🙄

Chap, you are stooping extremely low to protect a convicted felon fruitcake with that sort of post.

In fact, you are taking the p_ss out of the fallen. 

Give it a rest, you are looking stupid and disrespectful.... 🤔

• Thanks 1

What is this "stolen valor" garbage? AFAICT, Vance spent most of his time in Iraq behind a desk writing press reports, then bailed after one tour of duty, ending as a corporal. Walz did 24 years and finished as a master sergeant or command master sergeant, take your pick.

Another example of Vance throwing sh!t, hoping some will stick. He'd do better sucking up to the female vote he has alienated.

sadiehawkins.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

I don't see him as a liability, but he's not the help that Trump needs.

What help do you think Trump needs? The options are limited in addressing cognitive decline.

IMo Haley would have been a much better pick, even though she a shapeshifter just like Vance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right about the excellence of the various education systems. That does not explain how you get 20% of Nobel Prizes coming out of a population of 44 million people worldwide. To me, it says Jews are pretty smart people. IMO we should value smart over dumb.

IIRC, the state of Israel was established in 1948 by United Nations mandate. The Arab nations all swore to destroy it. It has taken a good shellacking by the Israeli army to change the minds of some of them.

Certainly, 15000 children is tragic. When you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind.

Back on topic, can you tell me what Vance's stance on Gaza is, or is he just echoing Trump?

I could not agree more that we should value smart over dumb. Indeed that is why I'm surprised we do not have the smartest people in the relevant political posts but seemingly random lawyers in every country. Why is John Mearsheimer not US Foreign Secretary? Why is Douglas Diamond not head of the Fed?

I am very grateful to all of the Jewish Nobel laureates who contributed key discoveries to mankind, but I think them being German, British or American had more to do with their achievements than being Jewish, because they benefitted from, at their respective times, the best educational systems in those countries. You will note that for decades now Israel has had its own educational system, and it has produced extremely few nobel laureates, which rather belies the fact that the past Nobel achievements were due to Jewsh genius rather than factors I refer to above. 

Anway, like you say, back on topic, as a Christian Taleban Vance's support for Israel has no limits, much like his boss. It is fair to say he is rabidly anti-Palestinian. He does not support more aid for UKraine and is anti-China. So yes,pretty much an echo of Trump.

These two could end the war in Ukraine, but cause two new ones in the ME and Taiwan.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I could not agree more that we should value smart over dumb. Indeed that is why I'm surprised we do not have the smartest people in the relevant political posts but seemingly random lawyers in every country. Why is John Mearsheimer not US Foreign Secretary? Why is Douglas Diamond not head of the Fed?

I am very grateful to all of the Jewish Nobel laureates who contributed key discoveries to mankind, but I think them being German, British or American had more to do with their achievements than being Jewish, because they benefitted from, at their respective times, the best educational systems in those countries. You will note that for decades now Israel has had its own educational system, and it has produced extremely few nobel laureates, which rather belies the fact that the past Nobel achievements were due to Jewsh genius rather than factors I refer to above. 

Anway, like you say, back on topic, as a Christian Taleban Vance's support for Israel has no limits, much like his boss. It is fair to say he is rabidly anti-Palestinian. He does not support more aid for UKraine and is anti-China. So yes,pretty much an echo of Trump.

These two could end the war in Ukraine, but cause two new ones in the ME and Taiwan.

It's inevitable the Japanese, Chinese and Koreans should start crowding out Jews in terms of Nobel Prizes, they have the numbers and some pretty smart people too. In fact, South Korea has the highest percentage of scientists/researchers, IIRC 1.2 %. The world average is 0.5%. It's also worth pointing out Israel's focus is on survival, and has developed weaponry even America is copying. You don't get Nobel prizes for armaments, even if Alfred Nobel invented dynamite.

The only way I can see Trump and Vance could end the war in Ukraine is to reach agreement with Putin on what he can keep from his illegal invasion, which will have as much validity as the agreement Chamberlain had with Hitler.

Please don't get me started on lawyers.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

What help do you think Trump needs? The options are limited in addressing cognitive decline.

IMo Haley would have been a much better pick, even though she a shapeshifter just like Vance.

If Trump loses I foresee a big change in the GOP away from maga  it would be bad for her future ambitions to be associated with it. And in case maga does win, she can always pretend to support it later on.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If Trump loses I foresee a big change in the GOP away from maga  it would be bad for her future ambitions to be associated with it. And in case maga does win, she can always pretend to support it later on.

I can remember in Australia a split in the Labor Party on religious grounds back in the fifties. The Democratic Labor Party ( DLP )  coalesced around Catholic hardliners. They played havoc with the Labor vote by splitting it. The schism cost Labor a chance at government for more than 20 years.

Perhaps history will repeat itself with the GOP, because MAGA is very like a religion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's inevitable the Japanese, Chinese and Koreans should start crowding out Jews in terms of Nobel Prizes, they have the numbers and some pretty smart people too. In fact, South Korea has the highest percentage of scientists/researchers, IIRC 1.2 %. The world average is 0.5%. It's also worth pointing out Israel's focus is on survival, and has developed weaponry even America is copying. You don't get Nobel prizes for armaments, even if Alfred Nobel invented dynamite.

The only way I can see Trump and Vance could end the war in Ukraine is to reach agreement with Putin on what he can keep from his illegal invasion, which will have as much validity as the agreement Chamberlain had with Hitler.

Please don't get me started on lawyers.

Yes, in theory South Koreans, Chinese and Japanese should be outperforming everyone in terms of Nobel, as they score higher on IQ tests, but that may come in the future. South Koreans in particular seem terrifyingly smart, but Japanese too. Yes, survival for Israel is a focus, but they also have normal universities where the subjects forming the Nobel categories are taught. However, you will find very few nobel laureates from Israeli universities, which does not fit with their supposed super intelligence.

I think Trump has a good rapport with Putin, and being the prime backer of Ukraine, they can tell them "if you don't sign this we'll pull the plug".  It should be fairly straight forward, yes Putin will keep some of the land, but he's going to be highly pragmatic, as always, because this war, as you rightly pointed out is extremely costly for Russia and they cannot afford it indefinitely. Though clearly longer than Ukraine.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Thumbs Up 1