Thai PM Srettha Axed Over Controversial Cabinet Appointment

Anyone fancy meeting up for breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, afternoon beer, dinner and nighttime beer every day for the next few days?  I reckon around Victory Monument in Bangers should be the best place...  Ought to be quiet and peaceful...  Just like 2006 and 2014...

image.png.e17f66b9a62de6af860cdc07e25178f0.png

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Amazing Thailand. So they disbanded MFP, remove the PM, probably elections again without MFP - then guess who is going back into power? 🤦‍♀️

No doubt this was planned, and sadly they'll get away with it.

Doubt there is an election anytime soon, Pheu Thai knows they would get their ass thoroughly beaten by People’s Party.  Now, in a year or 3, after the Thaksin machine is really up and running, greasing the wheels as it were - well, that is a different story.

2 minutes ago, george said:

And now? Coup?

Politics abhors a power vacuum......so someone sat in their General's free, paid for by the tax payer mansion, must be pondering....is it their turn?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Maybe if you would have been here longer than since late July you would know. Look it up yourself. Everybody who has been with the topic knows what I'm talking about, you fool.

Seems to be, you don't even know where you are talking about as you can't remember as you said.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Nah, the coalition will pick a new PM... no election required.

Try but PM has to approved by the MPs and Peoples Party have the largest number so it will be interesting 

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

it's been a while since i've seen the old tanks.

bob.

I saw 11 of 'em on transporters in Khon Kaen about a week ago on the ring road.

56 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Does it make any difference to expats residing here who is in power 

Answers on the back of a postage stamp 🤔

It probably does. Whether it's good or bad is another matter. 

• Agree 1

An urgent meeting among leaders of coalition partners has been called for at Thaksin Shinawatra mansion, the Manson of the Shining Moon, on Wednesday evening after PM Srettha was removed from power by the Charter Court

https://x.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1823693361833975959

Edited by anchadian

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

An urgent meeting among leaders of coalition partners has been called for at Thaksin Shinawatra mansion, the Manson of the Shining Moon, on Wednesday evening after PM Srettha was removed from power by the Charter Court

https://x.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1823693361833975959

Could be pure coincidence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeandDow said:

I am a foreigner and i don't agree with you so dont speak for ALL foreigner

so, did you read the interview or you going by your gut and his pretty face?

39 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Am I correct in thinking that Pita would have been on that list, if the MFP had not been disbanded and Pita banned for 10 years by the Constitutional Court?

Seems planned.

The MFP weren't part of the ruling coalition, so wouldn't have had a say in who was chosen.  They would have taken part in the subsequent vote though, and no doubt will under their new name, but still have fewer seats than the combined coalition parties.

I wonder what would have happened though if all their MPs had moved to one of the coalition parties when MFP was disbanded, making it the largest single party in the coalition, and forced their pick for PM on it?  They could have all jumped ship to the new PP at the next elections.  That would have stirred the pot.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Heading.....?????

Anticlockwise heading sort-of northeast, at the junction highlighted towards the right-hand side of the picture attached. They seemed to be coming from northbound Highway 2. Wrong direction?

Screenshot2024-08-14192439.png.36c57d290a0adfd89727e5120ef658ad.png

Edited by MartinL

Just now, MartinL said:

Anticlockwise heading sort-of northeast, at the junction highlighted towards the right-hand side of the picture attached. They seemed to be coming from northbound Highway 2. 

Screenshot2024-08-14192439.png.36c57d290a0adfd89727e5120ef658ad.png

DISAPPOINTED......hoping for south west....never mind...555