Unlimited visa exempt entries - but Non-ImmO holders may have to pay 2000 extra for b.runs

I spoke to a visa run company yesterday (1CV)

They told me that if you hold a Non-imm O visa and are doing a border bounce from Pattaya to Cambodia, you may have to pay an extra 2000 "fee" to immigration officers at the border

It doesn't matter if you are using one of your valid multi-entries, or your Non-immO visa is expiring and you want to use a visa exempt.

This happened to me a few years ago, when doing one of my multi-entries on a non-imm O.
1CV warned me it could happen when I talked to them yesterday.

So be prepared, budget for and pack an extra 2000 baht, or ask the visa run service to call ahead and check for you.

• Confused 5

I'd use Nong Khai for a switch to 60-day, and any of the Friendship Bridges for a Non-O-ME border-bounce. 

Maybe Koh Kong doesn't do this, and can use a Cambodian eVisa there, but still have the "must stay overnight" fee to deal with - or just spend the night.

• Like 1

The Satun border about 2hrs from Hat Yai has been okay for me on my Non O multi. I was there last month again. 

I've never had to pay to do a border hop on the same day BUT they did charge me 1300 baht when I was on Visa exempt to come back the same day.

Has anyone been there recently on Visa Exempt is that still the case?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

I'd use Nong Khai for a switch to 60-day, and any of the Friendship Bridges for a Non-O-ME border-bounce. 

Maybe Koh Kong doesn't do this, and can use a Cambodian eVisa there, but still have the "must stay overnight" fee to deal with - or just spend the night.

At Chom Chong the last time someone did a same day bounce so no overnight stay, the fee was 300 baht, earlier this year.

This of course may have changed..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There are three categories now, with the holders of non imm O getting 90 day entry being the most expensive, at around 1,500 to 2,000 baht extra. That's in Ranong. 

• Like 2

if i hold an multiple non-o going to the border and they ask for 2000 bribe, ill recorded and report them let see how long they last

ITA.

Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC)

Election Commission of Thailand.

Office of the Ombudsman

Edited by jacey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This topic is discussed in article in "Pattaya Mail" pointing to increase in cost along with if not done with border bounce company may preclude same day bounce. 

Link for anyone who might want to read it: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/hidden-costs-may-now-apply-to-thai-border-runs-468791

There are also reports that holders of multiple entry non-immigrant visas, for example those with “O” three months’ family visas which cannot be renewed inside Thailand, are being charged up to 2,000 baht at land borders as an unpublicized service fee.

• Like 2