Walz Criticized Over Military Service Claims- ABC News

Hanaguma

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Numerous examples of Walz exaggerating, or not correcting people who spread inaccurate information about his service. For example, he was introduced on CSPAN as follows;

"Enlisted in the Army National Guard at 17 and retired 24 years later as Command Sergeant Major," she said of Walz, "and served with his battalion in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan."

Walz nodded in agreement at that statement, despite the fact that -- according to military records and his own admission -although he served in Operation Enduring Freedom in Italy, he never served in Afghanistan.

The man BS's about his service for political gain. It's shameful.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/walz-previously-faced-criticism-characterized-military-service-records/story?id=112833386

Are you still on that.............🤣

Get a life, chap, it's been done and dusted........😆

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Not if ABC is getting on the game it isn't.  

Like I said, guys who misrepresent their service is a sore point for me.  If you don't care, feel free not to toss in your two bahts' worth. 

You are having a larf..............🤣

In fact, it is you who are misrepresenting his service, I have listened to a few respected military chaps who condemn people like you, and I agree, you should back off, as you are confused....:coffee1:

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not if ABC is getting on the game it isn't.  

Like I said, guys who misrepresent their service is a sore point for me.  If you don't care, feel free not to toss in your two bahts' worth. 

What about draft dodgers?

• Thanks 2

Just now, transam said:

Oh, is that an American term, never heard it where I come from, are you a Walt......?   😝

It is British military slang, which is widely used on civvy street as well.

In fact, I would say that most educated adult Brits know what a Walt is.

Am I a Walt?

As an ex member of the British army, who served in 2 theaters of war, I find that question very offensive.

Is that how you usually talk to veterans, questioning their service while hiding behind a keyboard?

Remind me again, where did you serve Trannie?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

What about draft dodgers?

If you mean guys like Trump or Biden or Cheney or Clinton.... not a fan. But at least none of them lied about serving, or exaggerated what they did while in the military.  They didn't abandon their unit when the going was getting tough, like Walz did. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

It is British military slang, which is widely used on civvy street as well.

In fact, I would say that most educated adult Brits know what a Walt is.

Am I a Walt?

As an ex member of the British army, who served in 2 theaters of war, I find that question very offensive.

Is that how you usually talk to veterans, questioning their service while hiding behind a keyboard?

Remind me again, where did you serve Trannie?

You find everything offensive, probably your age, but I did served in The Fox & Hounds.....😁

To be honest, reading here, I am not surprised you are a Walt, a Disney character, probably Goofy....🤭

3 minutes ago, transam said:

You find everything offensive, probably your age, but I did served in The Fox & Hounds.....😁

To be honest, reading here, I am not surprised you are a Walt, a Disney character, probably Goofy....🤭

So are you going to answer my question or run and hide AGAIN.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

So are you going to answer my question or run and hide AGAIN.

I have questioned your service, where....?  :huh:

I think you are confused, but in your case it is probably normal. 🤭

It takes "All Sorts"....😁

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Vance is not the topic.  He was a Marine,  served in Iraq, and actually completed his enlistment contract.  Unlike Walz.

What was his munitions' expertise....?   🤔

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Anyone claiming a 24 year vet didn't serve long enough is out of their mind.

True, if he served 24 years in the regular Army. He didn't. He was National Guard- one weekend a month and summer training.  Guardsmen also all keep their civilian jobs and civilian lives.  He also committed to serving until 2007 when he signed a 6 year enlistment contract in 2001. He had the option to retire at that time, but did not. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

True, if he served 24 years in the regular Army. He didn't. He was National Guard- one weekend a month and summer training.  Guardsmen also all keep their civilian jobs and civilian lives.  He also committed to serving until 2007 when he signed a 6 year enlistment contract in 2001. He had the option to retire at that time, but did not. 

What was Vance munitions expertise...?

I want to know because he was proud of it.....🤔

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not ideal. But as has been discussed ad nauseum he was in that position when he retired but he wasn't confirmed in the position. So nothing. The Afghanistan thing isn't good but he is simply nodding and gets the benefit of the doubt. If you see him loud and proud stating he served in Afghanistan when he didn't that is a thing. It is worth noting Vance was in an interview discussed recently where he seemed to agree with some fairly sexist comments but he gets a pass as the actual statement wasn't made by him. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Sad 1

Just now, marin said:

Its brainwashed die hard Trump fans like you that are going to make it easier for Harris. Your whole premise is based on BS and negativity just again like Trump. Americans want a brighter future and a way forward. Not what you and your fellow Trump supporters want. 

:clap2:....... Absolutely........:thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

Some other troll posts and replies have been removed.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

OK, enough of the b-b-but Trump.    I played along a little, but enough. If you want to talk about Trump and the military, feel free to start your own discussion.

What was Vance, the bloke you support, army munitions expertise....?

You must know.......🤔

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, transam said:

What was Vance, the bloke you support, army munitions expertise....?

You must know.......🤔

Why is it relevant?  AFAIK, Marine basic training includes basic safety and handling of explosives, from grenades to land mines to Claymores.  Also extensive weapons training, to a higher level than the regular Army or the Guard. 

Now, back to Walz and his decision to leave his unit in the lurch before a major deployment...