Your Experience: Are Thai Women smarter than Thai Men?

Dear Folks,

This question has been plaguing me for ages.

Which sex, in Thailand, is the smarter sex?

Is it the men, with muscles?

Or, is it the softer sex, in Thailand, that is the smarter?

I know what I know, and I know the correct answer.

But, I do not want to color your replies just by prematurely voicing my view.

IMHO, outside of grad school, there is clearly just one sex that is, on average, remarkably more intelligent.

Maybe this is due to several factors.

Maybe it is the men who do not care enough about reading books, or about the importance of education.

So, outside of grad schools, and those studying the Natural Sciences at the premier unis in Thailand, which sex is the smarter sex?

How do you tell which is smarter?

What are your criteria for making judgments?

Does one sex, compared to the other, actually make sense when you talk to them, rather than to just grumble or grunt?

There are many ways to tell which sex is more intelligent in Thailand.

What is yours?

Personally, I find it is the women here who are much more intelligent and liberal in their dealings with Farang.

Has this been your experience, as well?

I know what I know.

I have been here a very long time.

I do not waste my time talking to those that I perceive as being less than they could be, if only they were not so troglodytic in nature.

And so, I do not waste my time talking to about 50-percent of the people I meet, for just this reason.

Thank the gods for the women, in Thailand...because....

Without the intelligent women of Thailand, most of us would not have remained here....

Don't you tink?

Best regards,

Gamma

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I've met loads of Thai women burdened with unsustainable debt. I've seen (to be fair can't say met) loads of Thai men who seem to be debt free and focused on lazing around enjoying themselves.

I've met many single moms burdened with raising a child in very difficult circumstances. Not many men.

It's tricky but I'd say that for myself I'm not in debt or raising a child alone and it's because I used my "intelligence"

So I'd reluctantly say the men are smarter.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

The women are harder working though, like everywhere, not just Thailand.

I cannot help but agree with you, in this.

The only caveat might be....

As I stated in the OP....

Profs and researchers in the Natural Sciences at top flight unis....

But, those guys are definitely outliers....

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Most women are smarter than most men, everywhere, not just TH.

I know that.

(also less muscular)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

I think the roots of the society here are from a matriarchal avenue and thus the woman is more likely the boss and smarter as well, they need to be.. And as my wife being the older sister, and having the responsibility to care for both parents and younger siblings, she needs to be the smartest. 

And when you see a Thai lady w/a farang, it is the Thai lady who has learned English and the farang man who thinks it is impossible and worthless to learn Thai. Even uneducated farm girls. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It depends on what is defined as intelligent.

So, then how do you find what is defined as intelligent?

Are you already a member of SETI?

image.png.9aa0faf8dc722f905f942f62c2a51ba5.png

42 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

...Even uneducated farm girls. 

When it comes to academic and professional qualifications, I have more letters after my name than in my name. However these 'uneducated farm girls' are often way too clever for me.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So, then how do you find what is defined as intelligent?

Are you already a member of SETI?

image.png.9aa0faf8dc722f905f942f62c2a51ba5.png

IMO an intelligent alien would not want to have any contact with us.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Small girls ply with puppets , boys with cars , toys etc ...

Women learn at a very young age that they will be able to get what they want by finding somebody who does it for them ...

As being physically less strong than men ,  women need to be manipulating , more clever ...

• Thumbs Up 2

This all comes down to one important thing in figuring out the answer this question - what is your definition of smart people.  There is a Korean drama series right now with this same question.  One thinks money is the answer, meaning whoever has the most money is smarter where the other thinks the answer is people and how each treats the other.  I am 77 have worked with people of every level of advanced education and have noticed that no matter how educated a person is, one cannot judge their character so does being smart have to do with character or money.  I know my opinion on that question for sure and base it on how I was raised by my parents.  I do find it interesting to read some of the answers on this forum and am somewhat disappointed but I accept that I too may be different from many others and who is correct or who can answer what is correct? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Well, I agree, that Thailand wouldn't entice many farang if it weren't for the women, but it certainly isn't for their intelligence.

They have a certain je ne sais que.....uhm, they are trollups.

That said, the women are cunning and deceitful, however, and (probably) more so than the men.

IMO you'd be cunning too, if your government support was a pension of 600 baht/month when you hit 60 yo.

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If that statement was true can someone please explain to me why the vast majority of inventions in the history of the world is credited to men. I’m not saying there isn't smart women but the above statement isn’t true. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Skeety65 said:

If that statement was true can someone please explain to me why the vast majority of inventions in the history of the world is credited to men. I’m not saying there isn't smart women but the above statement isn’t true. 

If that statement were true, can someone please explain to me why the vast majority of inventions in the history of the world are credited to men. I’m not saying there are not smart women, but the above statement isn’t true. 

My wife corrected that for you.....she is Thai and doesn't even speak English.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Skeety65 said:

It's to do with the Bell curve of IQ, men have a much wider spread than women, men are both more stupid and more intelligent.

• Agree 1

Stupid. Obsessed by brand products. Always funny to see some Isaan darkie decked like a Christmas tree with bags and clothing due to her new found Farang. Look and behave absolutely ridiculous in public. 

I would be ashamed.

• Like 1

Women much smarter. If I were setting a business up in Thailand I would hire only female employees. A large proportion of men seem to be very dull and have a stupid attitude. I never for instance go into a supermarket queue where the cashier is male. It takes males twice as long to check out a basket of goods as female. Perhaps it is not ability, but attitude.