Jomtien Immigration busy?

Wongkitlo

I did my 90 day last Wednesday morning and was in and out in less than an hour. Waiting in an air conditioned room is a big bonus. It is low season now.

Edited by champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

I did my 90 day last Wednesday morning and was in and out in less than an hour. Waiting in an air conditioned room is a big bonus. It is low season now.

Great. Thanks

1 hour ago, champers said:

Is their online 90 day report site down? I know Chanthaburi just refuses to do them any more saying "website down all over Thailand."

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Is their online 90 day report site down? I know Chanthaburi just refuses to do them any more saying "website down all over Thailand."

Mine worked fine today - Jomtien Imm

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

Can't speak for this year but I was there last year in late August and it was eerily quiet.

That is as maybe, but even with the 60 day visa exempt, I am expecting it to be packed at the end of the year. I seem to hear of people leaving the West to come live here all the time now. 

There should be a sweet spot right now as all the people arriving 30 day visa exempt before 15 July would have already done their 30 day extension, while people arriving after 15 July got 60 days visa exempt so an extension is not due until September

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, champers said:

How long it took for a 90 day report is not really an indicator of how busy Jomtien is though. 90 day reports have their own counter and do not have to queue with everyone else going for TM30, Residence certificates, re-entry permits and extensions

Edited by Pattaya57

I was there last week to get a re-entry permit. I rolled up around 3:00 and there was no queue at the ticketing desk. Desk 2 was busy,as always, but that's because they make people wait for 20-30 minutes after they've seen the IO to get their stamped passport back. It was moderately busy, about what the place is designed for, so no problem getting a seat. I just read a magazine for 20 minutes and then the guy brought around the stamped passports and that was it. No problems or drama at all, if only it was always like that.

Thanks for the replies. Went yesterday for tm30 and residence certificate. Arrived 10.30 am. Not busy at all. The new system seems to work a lot better. They did not even ask me why I was submitting tm30 late. 

20 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Thanks for the replies. Went yesterday for tm30 and residence certificate. Arrived 10.30 am. Not busy at all. The new system seems to work a lot better. They did not even ask me why I was submitting tm30 late. 

No mention of a fine for late submittal either?

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No mention of a fine for late submittal either?

I arrived airport 6th May and went wife's home. On 13th till 17th I stayed in a hotel. 19th went to immigration.  Either they took into account the hotel stay or just do not care so much atm. I was ready for them to ask why I had not come when I arrived in Thailand but they didn't. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I arrived airport 6th May and went wife's home. On 13th till 17th I stayed in a hotel. 19th went to immigration.  Either they took into account the hotel stay or just do not care so much atm. I was ready for them to ask why I had not come when I arrived in Thailand but they didn't. 

I had been made to feel they were very keen to collect those 2000 baht fines. Perhaps their last record was, as you say, the hotel and that was as close as they looked. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I had been made to feel they were very keen to collect those 2000 baht fines. Perhaps their last record was, as you say, the hotel and that was as close as they looked. 

Yes. I was worried. I have a non-o ME so had little intention of dealing with them but then needed a residency certificate for motorcycle licence

• Agree 1