Pattaya review by stickman Aug 18, 2024

rocket2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

That was officially confirmed.

I think some time ago Stickboy interviewed Stickman or something like that.

Stickboys website does not exist anymore, so I guess the record is gone. 

That all came to an end during Covid, when Stickboy left the Country, for a while.

He is still on twitter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Walking street seems more about people looking around and seeing the outside.  Fridays seems to be a lot of couples not so many single guys.  The single guys I see are the ones that are in groups.  

Stoney's  and teh bars at the start of EWalking st seem to always be busy as  well as the restaurants

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Years and years of Fat, Ugly, Cheap, Drunk, Old, Lonely snidey comments, while giving himself a free pass.

And never let the chance go by to remind people that you were here in 1998, as though that is something to brag about.

🙄

No to the first para, but I was also here in 97 if that makes a difference. Not bragging just stating a fact.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

No to the first para, but I was also here in 97 if that makes a difference. Not bragging just stating a fact.

87 for me, but I have always understood that Pattaya was changing long before I arrived, unlike Stickman, and others that believe that Pattaya did not exist until they turned up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

😁 No your not a bragger ,you never have been,you SaintDomingo will always be remembered as a Saint on this forum

You are an absolute blessing ,bless you my friend , bless you and may you have many more Christmas 's .

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many appear to do almost everything alone, which is all fine and well but it also strikes me as sad and a recipe for misery 

Aaah, that explains the behaviour of some here. 

Nothing worse than reading a positive article then see an angry, miserable comment. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aaah, that explains the behaviour of some here. 

Nothing worse than reading a positive article then see an angry, miserable comment. 

They are stuck in bedsitters laying on their beds in Pattaya, alone in small rooms 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, it is what it is said:

i think many choose to be alone because, whether they are prepared to admit it or not, they intrinsically know they are in a pretty dire and humiliating situation when the only way they can get someone to give them any attention is to pay them. whatever way they dress it up they will have a friend or lover or, in their minds a gf, only as long as they keep paying. what must that do to someone's self esteem? some can rise above this feeling, many can't, so choose to be alone. it is very sad and i would guess many are not very happy.

And to some, they just order another beer and get on with the lifestyle they have slipped into and are actually reasonably content.  Only aggravation is being looked down on by those who were actually foolish enough to marry their bargirl and like to occupy some moral high ground. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And to some, they just order another beer and get on with the lifestyle they have slipped into and are actually reasonably content.  Only aggravation is being looked down on by those who were actually foolish enough to marry their bargirl and like to occupy some moral high ground. 

What a RUBBISH statement......

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, mstevens said:

The OP has few posts. Is it in fact Stickman posting to generate interest? Surprised this thread is even allowed as it simply drives traffic to that site.

I am no stickman.  Just thought he had some good observations. 

Disappointed in the conversation on here though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As I'm neither alone or married to a service girl so I have no dog in this fight.

But got to agree....

• Thumbs Up 1

Last I heard of Stickman was some guy with the name of an Ayn Rand character was denouncing him with all sorts of stuff I didn't get, didn't sound interesting either, no loss.  That was in the '00 decade.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most won't really care, but the same will apply to you when older if you want someone younger, get the money ready

A false scenario promoted by people who are envious of the older gentlemen who have the ability to elicit the interest of  attractive women. If someone has a solid personality, and social skills, the only obstacle is self doubt. It's the losers who  dress shabbily with their soiled clothes and poor grooming and an inability to converse effectively with women, who trot out the money excuse for their inability to attract anything other than flies.   They need to stop offering excuses and to look in the mirror and at their comportment. 

I had a elderly neighbor in my condo. Always turned out sharply, a man's man, but blessed with a genuine warm smile and good sense of humor. Even at the age of 75, he was never bereft of companionship. He didn't have to pay for sex, but he was generous,  inviting a lady out for a meal or sunset cocktail. They would reciprocate by cooking for him, taking him to appointments and even sewing buttons on his shirts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Last I heard of Stickman was some guy with the name of an Ayn Rand character was denouncing him with all sorts of stuff I didn't get, didn't sound interesting either, no loss.  That was in the '00 decade.

Oh something with the name of Galt, I think. Wasn't there a lawsuit? Was it really that long ago? I feel so old now. Then again, I remember when Patong had 2 way traffic, and the Ocean Plaza on Bangla. 

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Was in a place 2 days ago near Nana and the BF was 5,000!  

My information is the Japanese and Korean mostly are raising the rates big time.

They have the money and it is probably cheaper then their countries so they are willing to pay.

Crazy.

Let them pay....and we have the right to say no.  Not sure what the issue is.  Money # 1 in Thailand.  Get use to it.  I was at Nana three weeks ago and found some treats for 1K.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

What a surprise...another negative article from Stickman about Patts....his jealousy knows no bounds.  Time to come up with something else Stickboy.

Well, if I recall, he did compliment Pattaya's beautiful, clean beach . . .

On 8/20/2024 at 5:10 AM, scubascuba3 said:

He's just observing things we know already. One interesting thing:

"If I was to use one word to describe many retirees in Pattaya, it would be “loner”. Many appear to do almost everything alone, which is all fine and well but it also strikes me as sad and a recipe for misery. A lack of friendship and sense of community is not good for one’s general happiness"

It's true social interaction is important otherwise you'll go ting tong

Your penis hurt me.

18 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

A false scenario promoted by people who are envious of the older gentlemen who have the ability to elicit the interest of  attractive women. If someone has a solid personality, and social skills, the only obstacle is self doubt. It's the losers who  dress shabbily with their soiled clothes and poor grooming and an inability to converse effectively with women, who trot out the money excuse for their inability to attract anything other than flies.   They need to stop offering excuses and to look in the mirror and at their comportment. 

I had a elderly neighbor in my condo. Always turned out sharply, a man's man, but blessed with a genuine warm smile and good sense of humor. Even at the age of 75, he was never bereft of companionship. He didn't have to pay for sex, but he was generous,  inviting a lady out for a meal or sunset cocktail. They would reciprocate by cooking for him, taking him to appointments and even sewing buttons on his shirts. 

You're talking about old birds at your age, you can keep them, many men want younger women

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You're talking about old birds at your age, you can keep them, many men want younger women

They were ladies. Looked to me in their 30's with some in their 40's. One was  the assistant branch manager of my bank branch. She was single and a university graduate.  A fit, late 30 ish. She was always well turned out. She was looking for stability and a bit of fun. Another was a mid 40's widow with her own inherited money, and the last one I believe was early 40's and had never married because she had cared for her parents. She was a municipal bureaucrat.  The man was  in his 70's. That's an age difference of 30- 35 years,  and  impressive, at least it was to me. He wanted to be able to have a conversation with them beyond  "You want to make boom boom, and then we go eating"?    I hope I can be as cool as that when I get to that stage of my life. The guy wore proper shoes and long pants when he went to immigration or the bank branch.  No flip flops for him that exposed long yellow toenails.  Women notice details like that.  I remember his lessons well.

Regular Thais turn  themselves neatly. Their clothes are clean and usually ironed. They take pride in their appearance and it is a form of respect to others to dress neatly. It's subtle cues like this that make a difference.

• Like 2