Do you hold hands with your paid companion?

19 hours ago, Celsius said:

You are dating (paying) your much younger gf.

You want the world to know how cool you are and you want to show your trophy.

So, you hold hands in the shopping mall and BTS.

Ridiculous or not?

Here we go again.

Some self-righteous, puffing important foreigner know-it-all has decided yet again that he/she is self-promoted to become the older man/younger companion police ageist-checker!

What on earth has it got to do with you? Your repressive beliefs are of no interest to the majority of posters on this forum.

However, I recognise your right to have these prim, repressed and virtuous views, but am prepared to give you some alternative advice, old man, which is:

Don't be so intimidated by beautiful young women, whatever their profession, nor underestimate the desires or needs of men, regardless of age, to be attracted to these lovely sirens. It's their choice, not yours, Maybe go and try it out for yourself? Forget mummy's advice about 'dirty' women', go dip your wick! - Lap the lips

If Ladyboys, boys, the burnt plum or animals are your thing - go for it. Just don't try to impress normal people that their lives are your responsibility.

There's a good chappie!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

At the mall with my lady of 15 yrs. If we happen to walk behind an old foreigner with lilac holding hands my lady lightly touches my hand as a joke. She thinks it's funny.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yagoda said:

I lost both my hands rescuing my current girlfriend from a salty during my bogan days, so I just stick a stump in her pants or under her dress.

did you ever get limp stump ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Something meaningful. Wow.

Why is it so difficult for some people to accept that there are also happy couples with a big age difference? 

Only because you can't comprehend it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

We're talking of clients/prostitutes here, not "happy couples" in the normal sense.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jayboy said:

We're talking of clients/prostitutes here, not "happy couples" in the normal sense.

Speak for yourself. I had a "happy couple" experience, and paid less for it than the the non hooker western woman ripped me for. Lasted 8 years, which was 3 years longer than the "non hooker" relationship. Of course the non hooker was a hag from hell, and the hooker was a nice person, which helped. It only ended when she got engaged to a rich guy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lots of guys get no attention and no tender touch at all from any female back home.

When they arrive here, and sit in a bar, and a smiling girl pours them a beer and maybe touches him a little, that is already so much more than what he got at home. He is happy, even without any sex (at least for a while).

What's wrong with that? He gets the girlfriend experience. And that is a lot more than sex. He feels loved.

Is it true love? Probably not. Does it still feel good. Yes, it does!

And it's not only the guys who just arrived. I am almost 30 years in Thailand. And obviously I am not so young and handsome anymore. Do I like it when girls smile at me? Sure. Do I like it when a cute girl in a bar comes to me, tells me she is happy to see me, and ask me for a drink? Yes, I do.

Obviously, I could think about that maybe she doesn't do this only because I am such a great guy. But why should I? I just enjoy the moment with a nice girl who makes me feel good.

You make some very good points and one would need a heart of stone not to recognize the joy that some of these relationships bring.But self awareness is always useful.

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Don't be so intimidated by beautiful young women, whatever their profession, nor underestimate the desires or needs of men

The reality is that the generously built foreigners with tattoos and ugly regional accents one sees trundling around Pattaya are not 99% of the time accompanied by beautiful young women.They tend to be accompanied - often holding hands - by ladies who (let's be chivalrous, no need to elaborate). Suffice it to say not visions of loveliness and youth.

There are of course many beautiful young women from poor backgrounds often with intelligence and charm  who start off in the bar world.But they never last long because they get snapped up extremely quickly by better prospects than the typical Pattaya client.As a general proposition the exceptionally gifted girl tends to rise rapidly in the social scale and has done in every society and throughout history.Furthermore they very quickly come to understand their worth.

21 hours ago, Celsius said:

Ridiculous or not?

Not ridiculous.

The purchase agreement includes a handholding stipulation, which may or may not be exercised at the discretion of the principle parties. Simple as that.

Actually, having been married to an American woman who passed away from illness and then married a Thai, both now of about 20 years and living within different societies, I notice that both are exactly the same!  My American wife was just a few years younger but never worked really after we were married until just before her death as child was grown and gone so she wanted something else to keep her busy...same as with current wife who is much younger but did work as the owner of a restaurant and chef there but only for a couple of years.  Both wives treated me the same and do hope it was out of love, and not just for sustanance.  Living in many different countries with one wife and then in this country with my current one seems that society is pretty much the same among westerners and Thailand in married life.  I am not sure how others get along with their spouses but both worlds to me are so similar it is difficult to separate one from the other in getting along in life.  As a couple, in both marriages, the same problems and the same satisfaction to  those problems existed.   Women and men I tend to think are pretty much the same around the world.  Different religions I do realize also make some differences

in the interactions among any couple especially of a westerner to a Muslim or to an Asian but basically my life has been

fairly easy to be happy and hope that my wives felt or feel the same.   I sometimes wonder though why so many think that we are all so different with foreign born wives?  Guess it comes down to choosing one and why we did so.  Only hope all are as happy as me.

19 minutes ago, jayboy said:

You make some very good points and one would need a heart of stone not to recognize the joy that some of these relationships bring.But self awareness is always useful.

We all know that gifts help to make any girl and woman happy.

And we give them gift so that they are happy and make us happy. Win/win.

Some are only satisfied with a ring and diamonds, others accept cash. 

a-young-girl-with-gorgeous-wavy-hair-bri

21 hours ago, Celsius said:

Ridiculous or not?

Rather see an old geezer holding hands with a fit young girlfriend than sitting on a park bench in the west yarning with his ancient cronies about the weather.

• Agree 1

OK, a little bit of time avail le so, I’ll ponder. It is mostly a memory now but from my first visit to Thailand the girls always treated me as the “boyfriend” and would introduce me as such. Yep younger, yep holding hands. And now the girl is 26 years younger and we still hold hands even being married some years. One of the best ties with Thailand.

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Wrong...opposite way...the lady,s hanging onto her customer in case he does a runner :whistling:

Yep....and all the way to the departure gate !

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Grown adults should not hold hands no matter if it is your wife, girlfriend or someone rented - it is pathetic.

Hand holding is for young teenage kids. Whenever I see adults doing it I just feel cringe, it is horrible.

Oh dear how sad....:sad:... It's called affection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

Ridiculous or not?

To show everybody that you're walking with a prostitute who satisfied hundreds of men before (3 or more in even one night?) See other men smiling at you? Expecting at least some STDs? 

How stupid men must be to show their poor desire by holding hand the prey?

Disgusting.

But obviously there is a demand for it. See Trump and his prostitutes.

All unsatisfied men who have to pay for a short moment of satisfaction.

Pathetic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, newbee2022 said:

To show everybody that you're walking with a prostitute who satisfied hundreds of men before (3 or more in even one night?) See other men smiling at you? Expecting at least some STDs? 

How stupid men must be to show their poor desire by holding hand the prey?

Disgusting.

But obviously there is a demand for it. See Trump and his prostitutes.

All unsatisfied men who have to pay for a short moment of satisfaction.

Pathetic.

I think you might be in the minority!  

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm going down South again and converting. You bleeding heart Christians and your 'woman's rights'.

Y'all really screwed the pooch there ... DUMB ASSES

No idea what you are on about.Are you saying women should have no rights?

21 minutes ago, jvs said:

No idea what you are on about.Are you saying women should have no rights?

Never heard of comedy :coffee1:

You did see the post I was replying to, since it was yours.

Edited by KhunLA

On 8/21/2024 at 10:21 AM, Celsius said:

Ridiculous or not?

Strange question.

Only answer could be along the lines of 'sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes maybe' when out and about with the Thai lady to whom I've been married since 1990.

Certainly neither of us are remotely interested in looking 'cool'. Couldn't care less.