Thaksin to deliver special address at ‘Dinner Talk – Vision for Thailand 2024’ event

image.jpeg
In related news, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to deliver a special address on August 22 at the “Dinner Talk: Vision for Thailand 2024” event.

By Pattaya Mail

BANGKOK, Thailand – The flagship policy of distributing 10,000 baht via digital wallets, initially promoted by the Pheu Thai Party under the Srettha government, and now under the leadership of Paetongtarn Shinawatra, has faced rumors of potential cancellation. However, recent reports suggest that the project will move forward with adjustments focusing on supporting vulnerable groups.

Deputy Finance Minister Julapan Amornwiwat on August 21 confirmed that the digital wallet initiative is still viable and progressing, although specific details have not yet been disclosed. He assured that a formal announcement will be made once the process is finalized.

According to an insider source, the project will begin by distributing cash directly to vulnerable groups who have previously registered for assistance. This will be part of a broader allocation of 122 billion baht, as recently approved by the parliament. Instead of the initial plan to use digital wallet technology, the funds will be distributed as a one-time cash payment of 10,000 baht through the State Welfare Card program.

Full story: PATTAYA MAIL 2024-08-22

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This will be part of a broader allocation of 122 billion baht, as recently approved by the parliament. Instead of the initial plan to use digital wallet technology, the funds will be distributed as a one-time cash payment of 10,000 baht through the State Welfare Card program.

Wow, how the goal posts have moved from everyone over 16 years of age.

• Like 1

In related news, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to deliver a special address on August 22 at the “Dinner Talk: Vision for Thailand 2024” event.

Just in-case anyone was wondering who is actually in charge.

Does this man not realise he is making his niece look a laughing stock.

What will world leaders think when they speak one on one with her and she has an ear-piece connected to daddy for the reply she should make.

“Dinner Talk: Vision for Thailand 2024”

Must be a short-sighted "vision", it's well into August.

This Digital Wallet is deader than RFK Jr's. pet bear.

Just bury it already, or drop it off in Lumpini Park.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Just in-case anyone was wondering who is actually in charge.

Does this man not realise he is making his niece look a laughing stock.

What will world leaders think when they speak one on one with her and she has an ear-piece connected to daddy for the reply she should make.

What niece ???? 😳

The political scene in Thailand is just amazing so the guy who left the country for 15 years cause he stole billions of dollars flies back in his expensive jet golf stream. His sister leaves the country a day before her sentencing for corruption. He never spends a whole 24 hours in jail he gets a total parole, his daughter is now the Prime Minister L O L and this is that’s the beginning. I wanna know whatever happened to the Red Bull kid.  And I almost forgot big joke has been on the take from the beginning. He’s a joke. TIT.

• Thanks 1

He's said far too much already. After all these years he has still not learned to control his big mouth. If he's not careful the hierarchy will have had enough, and he will be on his way to Dubai, again, probably accompanied by the PM, his daughter.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, paddypower said:

from the annals of (US political) history: '' I am NOT a crook''.

I hate to post as a possible 'Spelling policeman', paddypower, but I must point out that you seem to have made a small spelling error, which is important:

Your use of the word 'annals' in this context, has only one letter, 'n'!

21 hours ago, Bundooman said:

I hate to post as a possible 'Spelling policeman', paddypower, but I must point out that you seem to have made a small spelling error, which is important:

Your use of the word 'annals' in this context, has only one letter, 'n'!

you must be the life and soul of any parties you manage to slip into, unnoticed 🙂                                                           Oxford dictionary of English quote '

• used in titles of learned journals.
    plural noun: Annals
    "Annals of Internal Medicine" end quote

Its good to see him stepping back. 

Do you reckon anybody over at the Pataya Mail noticed the headline has SFA to do with the "news" story?

Edited by n00dle

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

Going to be lots and lots of unhappy people.

I think the people are the last thing on this governments mind. A coup by any name requires no votes.

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

I think the people are the last thing on this governments mind. A coup by any name requires no votes.

You don't mean a military coup, do you? The generals have been sidelined. Prawit out of the coalition and Prayuth into a more prestigious long term position.