Danish Expat Risks Prison in Thailand Over Lost Car Incident

a German friend of mine reported at the police station that he had been raped forcibly by a ladyboy instead of curing him, rewarding him, and jailing the ladyboy they started asking for money from him just to not expose his story

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

He has: 'Søren's initial court proceedings did not favour him. His unsatisfactory legal representation and language barriers worsened his predicament, leading to a conviction and the looming threat of prison."

So what was his conviction ? apart from Maybe a guilty verdict ? no sentencing has come yet. Lets hope he gets better legal representation, and not some lawyer trying to milk it for the money. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So what was his conviction ? apart from Maybe a guilty verdict ? no sentencing has come yet. Lets hope he gets better legal representation, and not some lawyer trying to milk it for the money. 

It seems a scam to me from the Police and crooked lawyers who want to keep the case ongoing.

5 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Well, he got the BIB involved ...and that was first mistake.

That's true as well.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Whenever I park anywhere I get the girlfriend to sit on the cars roof...never a problem....if I am going to be a while I give her a bottle of water  :thumbsup:

I do that too..... learnt the hard way though, cost me some coin to have roof repainted, make em sit on a towel.. the juice they leak is like acid.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
1 hour ago, jippytum said:

He has been to court and charged.  Presumably currently on bail. 

A link to your statement please. I hope he sues the cops. 

"As long as the appeal case is still pending, the Dane will not be in jail"

https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/soeren-glemte-sin-parkede-bil-nu-kan-hans-liv-vaere-oedelagt/10330938

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Maybe this would help?

"AirTag is a super easy way to keep track of your stuff. Attach one to your keys, slip another in your backpack."

And maybe one in the car……Dohhhh 🙈

13 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

Place a magnetic tracker on you vehicle linked to your phone easy as.

Yes! Many men already have it without knowing... Wife/GF has planted it 🙂

• Haha 1

I’m coming up to 74 years young but have to admit on several occasions I have wondered where I parked my car thankfully if I know I’m in the right area I can use my key fob to activate the car alarm 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I can say is the police can’t even find the red Bull kid  why don’t they put his father his family in jail for refusing to tell the police where the Red Bull kid is? Everybody knows where the Red Bull kid is and he’ll be back in Bangkok soon once all the charges are dropped TIT

Edited by TheFishman1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It seems a ridiculous state of affairs that a man parks his car and forgets where, I did that even as a young guy.

Only then to have the Police come and accuse him of insurance fraud, sounds like a total scam on behalf of the Police.

Any decent lawyer should get this dismissed, if he had lousy representation in the first instance, it was probably an ' ambulance chaser ' trying to milk the situation and make money out of the poor guy's misfortune, only for the Police and others to jump on the gravy train.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Maybe this would help?

"AirTag is a super easy way to keep track of your stuff. Attach one to your keys, slip another in your backpack."

Phones have GPS... just save your parked location.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Well, I can say is the police can’t even find the red Bull kid  why don’t they put his father his family in jail for refusing to tell the police where the Red Bull kid is? Everybody knows where the Red Bull kid is and he’ll be back in Bangkok soon once all the charges are dropped TIT

Khun Boss aint in hiding, they can pick him up anytime they choose to.

He comes and goes to Thailand often.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So as I said what has the sentence or fine been ? None so far. 

Apart from the twelve months, pending the appeal...

"Søren Nyholm Larsen, a 65-year-old Danish man living in Thailand, faces the possibility of spending a year in one of the country's infamous prisons..."

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If there is a moral to this nightmare, I guess it's not to sign any police document you don't understand. Easier said than done. 

Indeed, give the police a miss until you actually need them, such as for a report or whatever. A lot of those guys are in it for the graft. Also, signing that while not consulting his wife was not smart.

Perhaps he was trying the insurance con because it all sounds so bizarre.

6 hours ago, 2baht said:

Always......SAFETY FIRST!

Yep, lucky he didn't find it, or would have been another example of those stupid drunk driving foreigners ! 😁

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Parked the motorbike down walking street one night many years ago, forgot where I parked it after drinking a dozen beers. 

Had to go back the next day. 

It's not a good feeling.