The Republican Reckoning: A Post-Trump Civil War Looms if He Loses

Social Media

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Maybe you should actually read just who wrote the original version of the Opinion piece above. Desperate stuff from the left???

Try again!

If Trump loses, expect a Republican civil war

by Myra Adams, Opinion Contributor - 08/30/24 7:00 AM ET

"Myra Adams is an opinion writer who served on the creative team of two Republican presidential campaigns, in 2004 and 2008."

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4853672-trump-biden-2024-republican-party/

Screenshot_3.jpg.fba8070f697805034ec6cff304b66b4e.jpg

https://x.com/MyraKAdams

Screenshot_4.jpg.ad98374a7e4998c0c65258ebf4d48278.jpg

https://myraadams.com/about-2/

Myra Adams on Tim's Tampons.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Ultimately, voters should make their decisions based on the candidates' platforms, values, and character, rather than the process by which they were nominated.

In that case Harris should definitely lose. Does she even have a platform, other than Trump bad?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, candide said:

No no! It was just a peaceful protest by patriot heroes! 😀

You can say all you want about that incident. BUt never look at the cause. The majority of the people voted Trump. He won in votes of the people. Then the electorate went against their own voters to vote against Trump causing him to lose/ not by the people wishes and votes. But by a small handful of men and women who went against their own constituents and voted opposite what they should have if they cared anything about what their constituents wanted. The system failed miserably because of that. I would have never voted for my electorate again. they are supposed to follow their peoples wishes. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2024 at 7:31 AM, mdr224 said:

90% of the political articles here are just leftist nonsense. Some of them not even american

Bloody hell. Politics happens outside of the US.

You have gone to the wrong forum. Its not a forum about life in America. It must have been really puzzling to you about all these articles about Prime Ministers and Generals who's name you couldn't pronounce, and wondering who Big Jok was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems he and I served for about the same length of time. I was in regulars for over 10 years and the rest in Territorials ( equivalent to National Guard ). So I have nothing to be ashamed of. Like him I never served on active service, but that was because the war stopped before I got there, not because I resigned before I could get sent.

Do tell about this "code"? You make it sound like a secret brotherhood or something, LOL. Can't say I ever noticed anything like that. But then no one ever came up to me in the street to thank me for my service either. Perhaps it's different in the States.

I met many US navy personnel in Antarctica, and most were stand up guys. I liked them a lot. They certainly knew how to party.

The TA was not the equivalent to the NG. This would confuse Americans, who will then believe that the TA in Northern Ireland had a oath of Loyalty to the head of SF.

The TA no longer exists; its the UK Army Reserve. The UK Army Reserve is directly analogous to the US Army Reserve, which also consists of a mixture of former regulars, who have obligitatory service, and those with no prior military experience.

Since 2001, the deployment of the NG overseas has been deeply contentious in a way activation in the UK has not been.

The closest the UK has had to the NG was the British Militia; these existed until just before the Great War, and were essentially private armies raised by some landowner, who would kit them out and arm them, and place them at the service of the Crown, principally for the defence of the Home Nation. Another term was Volunteer Force, which might trigger recognition, through the "Ulster Volunteer Force", which during the Irish Civil War, and before, was organising in Northern Ireland to counter the Republicans, and ended up smuggling in Mausers after the British decided enough of this. The name was obviously used to give some quasi-legitimacy.

You chose to leave the armed forces at a time of your choosing. You decided that you no longer wanted to serve in uniform. My brother is coming up to 25 years; he decided that he should serve in uniform.  You were lucky it just didn't happen to coincide with a front line posting, so no one could cast dout on your motives 15 years later. Lots of servicemen leave the armed forces at random times in their careers.  My father left after 26 years a few months before the Falklands War. He didn't resign his commission because of the Falklands. He left for a variety of reasons to do with his age, career and family. He had done his service. He was activated  for GW1 as a BCR, but it was all over by the time he left Aldershot on the train.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:16 AM, mdr224 said:

Articles posted here about American politics shouldnt be from UK media. Its a joke

Congratulations on your promotion to decide who should post what on ANY forum.

If YOU have a problem with people posting their opinions on a discussion thread, then report it to the moderators and accept their decision,

YOU don't get to choose who posts what.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2024 at 12:29 PM, john donson said:

if people are happy over the last 4 years how USA became a toilet thanks to illegals getting all kind of benefits, let them vote harris

Please explain what benefits the illegals are getting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2024 at 1:30 PM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

No - the Civil War might happen after he wins and the woke liberals take to the streets again and use it as an excuse to riot and pillage again. The People will defend their homes, businesses and lives this time around, and those thinking they can again do whatever they want are in for a very rude shock.  I reckon Trump will deploy the National Guard - but instead of doing that to try and force Texas to open their border like Biden did - Trump will do it to restore order in Dem States that are out of control. I can see that action including arresting State leaders who do not employ sufficient force to protect the lives and property of those being affecting by any riots.

As the election has not been held yet, how can Trump who is not the President, call out the National Guard. He is, believe it or not, an ordinary citizen with no authority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

You can say all you want about that incident. BUt never look at the cause. The majority of the people voted Trump. He won in votes of the people. Then the electorate went against their own voters to vote against Trump causing him to lose/ not by the people wishes and votes. But by a small handful of men and women who went against their own constituents and voted opposite what they should have if they cared anything about what their constituents wanted. The system failed miserably because of that. I would have never voted for my electorate again. they are supposed to follow their peoples wishes. 

Please don't read this link if that is your belief.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election

Nominee        Joe Biden    Donald Trump    
Party               Democratic    Republican
Home state    Delaware    Florida[c]
Running mate    Kamala Harris    Mike Pence
Electoral vote    306    232
States carried    25 + DC + NE-02    25 + ME-02
Popular vote      81,283,501[1]    74,223,975[1]
Percentage    51.3%    46.8%

Trump lost the popular vote by 7,059,526 votes

Trump lost the Electoral College by 84 votes

No matter how many times Trump lied saying that he didn't lose. He LOST.

IMHO it is too late for the gop to dump Trump and Vance and replace them with new candidates, and I don't think Trump would even accept being replaced.

The gop are bringing about their own self inflicted destruction.

I think that after the election there will be the official gop, and a hardcore offshoot who believe that Trump will become their saviour.

• Agree 2