Drive from Nana to Korat? Help

advancebooking

On 9/1/2024 at 3:15 PM, advancebooking said:

Im taking a break from Nana plaza and going to drive from there to Korat. 

If I drive from nana BTS sukhumvit and head towards MBK.

Is the car currently parked in NEP or under the BTS Sukhumvit station? We'd need to know that in order to get the correct traffic lanes and direction.

19 hours ago, advancebooking said:

That google map is completely wrong. As member 'ballpoint' indicates above.... from nana bts get in the right lane when you drive past the Landmark hotel on the left. (it turns into 3 lanes). in that right lane you will go under the 'underpass' and see the toll on the right. Turn into that toll booth. 

Follow that advice and one does NOT have to do a google map circle past lumphini park and back around. Complete waste of time/ petrol

Well it appears you dont need help after all. bye bye

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Use Waze it’s interactive 

Waze was useful in the Philippines because people there did interact with it.  Gave it a try when i moved back here, but soon gave up. unless things have changed in the last couple years, here in Thailand few bother to offer input

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Is the car currently parked in NEP or under the BTS Sukhumvit station? We'd need to know that in order to get the correct traffic lanes and direction.

No, all the OP needs is Google map in navigation mode.

End of bloody story!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Probably because it's a silly question, with a few variables, and only the most inexperienced driver would post it, in the manner you did.

You either don't drive much, at all, or never heard of Google Maps.  Only advice I got for you , is leave before the sun comes up (pre 6 AM), and you'll beat all the rush hour traffic, and be up on the plateau, hopefully before all the truckers & buses.  OK, maybe not, but at least before most cars.

And watch those scooters making U-turns.   If leaving early enough, you can avoid the toll road, but if you take it, drive the speed limit, as multiple speed cameras up there..

I only bought an iphone 8 months ago. still trying to work out how to use it. I try to download netflix but its asking for apple password. I have no idea what that is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Too bad you didn't mention this last month. 😔

Korat is a huge construction zone  right now their  putting a tunnel on the main drag .One of the Great Restaurants in Korat I just went tonight “8 Bistro “ there is an “8 dining “but  this branch got sold off , get the Australian steak with Thai spicy dip , incredible value and quality, anything you want to know ask , you can look Facebook for 8 Bistro Korat look the photos   There’s 3 Malls all huge , j was at one about 4 years ago and a Sniper went off people died , I was in Starbucks center of the mall he came in the other end luckily  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

I only bought an iphone 8 months ago. still trying to work out how to use it. I try to download netflix but its asking for apple password. I have no idea what that is. 

Go to settings and push your name 

On 9/1/2024 at 3:28 PM, advancebooking said:

Im more interested in how the hell to drive out of central bkk actually. 

Do you know how to get to Don Muang Airport ??..... just go past it and keep going,  There is a new motorway the M6 that takes a large part off the journey---I done it last week (In reverse-going to the airport) This is the only Motorway that I have ever been on that allows just cars---no trucks etc allowed. I think this might be because of the height in some places as it goes over the top of Korat and ends the issan side of it. They have tried to build metal walls in places to cut back on the wind only about 190 Klm but speeds things up a lot. unless your destination is this side of Korat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, advancebooking said:

So it's not so much that you don't trust technology, you simply don't understand it, or know how to use it.

Not an Apple fan myself, and if you knew more about Apple, you may not have bought it.  They have a small market share for a reason.

YouTube will teach you anything you need to know.  Including how to use your phone.

• Love It 1

17 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Do you know how to get to Don Muang Airport ??..... just go past it and keep going,  There is a new motorway the M6 that takes a large part off the journey---I done it last week (In reverse-going to the airport) This is the only Motorway that I have ever been on that allows just cars---no trucks etc allowed. I think this might be because of the height in some places as it goes over the top of Korat and ends the issan side of it. They have tried to build metal walls in places to cut back on the wind only about 190 Klm but speeds things up a lot. unless your destination is this side of Korat.

Saraburi then Korat 

แนวเส้นทางโครงการทางหลวงพิเศษระหว่างเมืองสายบางปะอิน - นครราชสีมา

20 hours ago, Irish star said:

Korat is a huge construction zone  right now their  putting a tunnel on the main drag .One of the Great Restaurants in Korat I just went tonight “8 Bistro “ there is an “8 dining “but  this branch got sold off , get the Australian steak with Thai spicy dip , incredible value and quality, anything you want to know ask , you can look Facebook for 8 Bistro Korat look the photos   There’s 3 Malls all huge , j was at one about 4 years ago and a Sniper went off people died , I was in Starbucks center of the mall he came in the other end luckily  

I left 5 minutes before he turned up, i live in chok chai,,save ones the place to go, some market that, was in the tiger is coming  bar Sunday night on suranaree rd, wont go back since its been renovated.think he'll get a shock coming from nana to here, not much in comparison..

On 9/1/2024 at 3:15 PM, advancebooking said:

Im taking a break from Nana plaza and going to drive from there to Korat. 

If I drive from nana BTS sukhumvit and head towards MBK. Then turn right and stay straight, do I kind of drive past Victory Monument and then towards Don M airport? Is that the best way to get to Isan? Near that Victory M area is there a toll road? 

thanks

GoogleMaps is your friend...