Buakhao flooded again

scubascuba3

5 minutes ago, Jeff Reinstad said:

Buakhao is downhill to the Beach road and Beach road is downhill to the sea. How can it be flooded? 🤔

It does not slope enough to maintain the velocity required to keep it drained. Also, the drain pipes have been collecting trash for a year.

18 minutes ago, Jeff Reinstad said:

Buakhao is downhill to the Beach road and Beach road is downhill to the sea. How can it be flooded? 🤔

Walking from 3rd road to soi bukhao to 2nd rd to Beach road seems pretty flat to me. Definitely don't feel like I'm walking  down hill going to the beach

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Walking from 3rd road to soi bukhao to 2nd rd to Beach road seems pretty flat to me. Definitely don't feel like I'm walking  down hill going to the beach

Pattaya Klang is definitely downhill and it still floods.  It basically becomes a river.  Even though the water is moving fairly fast there is still way too much of it.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 10:13 AM, ross163103 said:

Larger pipes obviously help but they've got to get the water OUT of the pipes, if you don't, they just act like a reservoir, fill up, then back up which is what's happening now in most parts of the city. I don't know how many times they've installed larger pipes on beach road and it's still the same. I guess the constant construction does provide a steady stream of revenue for all those involved........:wink:

Many of these so-called Thai Engineers don't seem to have a grip on the concept of water flows down-hill, not up.  Next time try using transit or even better hire the Dutch-they seem to be genius with the management of water.

• Agree 1