Tim Walz Compares Donald Trump to School Bullies, Criticizes ‘Politics of Fear’

Social Media

image.png

Tim Walz, Kamala Harris’s vice-presidential pick, took aim at Donald Trump, comparing the former president to school bullies and accusing him of running his campaign on "the politics of fear." Speaking to a crowd in Milwaukee on Labor Day, September 2, Walz drew on his own experience as a high school social studies teacher and football coach to highlight his perspective on Trump’s tactics.

"Donald Trump has been running on the politics of fear," Walz said, emphasizing his firsthand knowledge of dealing with bullies during his years supervising the lunchroom. "Look, I know something about that; I supervised the lunchroom for a bunch of years."

Walz continued, using his experience with students to underscore his point. "What I did know about that lunchroom too is the bullies who want to instill fear—they're the first ones to find out what happens when the tide turns," he added. 

Drawing a parallel between Trump’s approach and schoolyard bullies, Walz’s remarks reflect a broader critique of Trump’s fear-driven political style, positioning Harris and her campaign as advocates for a more hopeful and positive vision for America.

Credit: The Independent 2024-09-04

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have they not got any positive reasons to vote for them? Seems like all they have is fear and loathing of Trump.

Do they even have any policies of their own?

he sounds a lot like doug ford. they are buddies though. 

6 hours ago, Tug said:

I fully agree his nicknames the mockery the enuendos all of it reminds me of a petty middle school tyrant with about the same intellectual development.perhaps that’s why it appeals to a certain kind of person…….

Perhaps you're just one of those that are easily offended

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tug said:

I fully agree his nicknames the mockery the enuendos all of it reminds me of a petty middle school tyrant with about the same intellectual development.perhaps that’s why it appeals to a certain kind of person…….

Enuendo? Is that like a burrito?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Both Harris and Walz are inauthentic fakers. There's no there there.  Trump is a gruesome narcissist, a conman, a cheat. But he at least hasn't denied his origins and created an entirely fake personae. 

Do you have any proof to back your statement up?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

IMO Walz comes across as a whiner that can only complain about Trump, without putting forward any reason to vote for him and her.

If they were more popular they'd be so far ahead in the polls that Trump could drop out and go play golf. It says a great deal that Trump is so close to them in the polls.

• Haha 2

On 9/4/2024 at 2:28 PM, John Drake said:

Both Harris and Walz are inauthentic fakers. There's no there there.  Trump is a gruesome narcissist, a conman, a cheat. But he at least hasn't denied his origins and created an entirely fake personae. 

John, your boy joined forces with AMERICA First ! Rfk jr said his uncle and dad wouldn’t recognize the current dem party ! Whats your response?

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, riclag said:

John, your boy joined forces with AMERICA First ! Rfk jr said his uncle and dad wouldn’t recognize the current dem party ! Whats your response?

Still can't vote for Trump. But Harris and Walz are dumb as dirt. I'll focus now more on them and their terrible prospects than Trump's narcissism.

Edited by John Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2024 at 6:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Have they not got any positive reasons to vote for them? Seems like all they have is fear and loathing of Trump.

Do they even have any policies of their own?

Perhaps you need to become one of Trump's political advisers on campaign strategy........

namecalling.png

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

His uncle and Dad would not recognize RFK........

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

Still can't vote for Trump. But Harris and Walz are dumb as dirt. I'll focus now more on them and their terrible prospects than Trump's narcissism.

That's the problem for the US ( and the western world ). It's a choice between 2 awful candidates, neither of which should ever have got within cooee of being POTUS. Trump is a deeply flawed character, and she is just incompetent, IMO.

It says to me that the US political system is broken, perhaps beyond repair, that no better politicians were able to be front runners.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've seen nothing to suggest that Harris will end US support for their proxy war.

I see nothing to suggest Harris would end support of Ukraines fight for survival against the criminals that have invaded their country…….there I fixed it for you…..

• Like 1